Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rainbow Builds

PeggleFrank

Question

Are these even possible anymore? I know they used to be a lot more feasible before damage 2.0, but is it possible to at least get close to having all the elements? If not, how close can you get?

I've thought about it before, but I don't have very many elemental mods. This is more of a fun idea than a serious question, so damage isn't a concern; all that matters is that you proc the most amount of elements at once. Bonus points for high status chance.

3 answers to this question

Well, if you use the weapon that has elemental damage as its base, you can get up to 3 elements.

And if your weapon doesn't have an element by default, the maximum you can get is 2. This is due to the fact that 2 basic elements (and any additional mods with those elements) will all be added to their combined element (e.g. Heated Charge and Deep Freeze will make blast damage, and if you add Scorch or Frosbite you won't get additional fire/ice element, but you'll simply increase the Blast damage), so adding all 4 elements will only give you 2 different combined elements.

I personally prefer the statuscor build. 3 elements (Radiation, Corrosive, Blast, you can change Corrosive and Blast to whatever you want) and almost 100% status chance plus AoE effect. It's really fun to use.

54 minutes ago, Arrjo said:

Well, if you use the weapon that has elemental damage as its base, you can get up to 3 elements.

And if your weapon doesn't have an element by default, the maximum you can get is 2. This is due to the fact that 2 basic elements (and any additional mods with those elements) will all be added to their combined element (e.g. Heated Charge and Deep Freeze will make blast damage, and if you add Scorch or Frosbite you won't get additional fire/ice element, but you'll simply increase the Blast damage), so adding all 4 elements will only give you 2 different combined elements.

I personally prefer the statuscor build. 3 elements (Radiation, Corrosive, Blast, you can change Corrosive and Blast to whatever you want) and almost 100% status chance plus AoE effect. It's really fun to use.

Huh, so it is feasible then.

I was messing around and came up with this. Comparing it to the statuscor build you linked, it looks like I hit the nail on the head for most of the mods.

I'll have to try and work towards getting some more nightmare mods, because this build might not actually be all that hard to do.