Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Corrupted still speak?

Kaotyke

By Lotus' words, they are supposed to be mindless drones that the Neural Sentry got, yet they can still speak their old language. It doesnt make sense.

DE, as good as it is to see you improving the sounds, this does not fit what we know of the Corrupted and the Neural Sentry.

Just now, Chipputer said:

Mindless doesn't mean silent. It simply means that you don't stop to consider what you're doing, almost like you're on auto pilot.

They were not silent. But they could not make coherent phrases.

4 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

They were not silent. But they could not make coherent phrases.

This logic is forgetting about Corrupted Vor. He is both mindless and speaks in coherent phrases.

A lot of coherent phrases.

Like. Wow.

Shut up, Vor. 

6 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

This logic is forgetting about Corrupted Vor. He is both mindless and speaks in coherent phrases.

A lot of coherent phrases.

Like. Wow.

Shut up, Vor. 

We dont know if Vor was actually corrupted by the Neural Sentry or he DID become something else like he claims. Being in the Void Towers is a way for the Neural Sentry to get you. We dont know if it can use the Void Keys to get the ones outside of it.

But as the Corrupted currently are, it makes an even more horrifying assumption: The victim still thinks they are free and serving their former faction.

But with Lotus calling them "mindless" we assume they become just drones, nothing but "robots" unable to even speak coherently.

If she said something along the lines of "The Neural Sentry indoctrinated these soldiers", now THAT can have some scary implications.

Edited by Venom-Snake

2 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

But as the Corrupted currently are, it makes an even more horrifying assumption: The victim still thinks they are free and serving their former faction.

After everything you've learned about the Orokin, does this really surprise you? This is exactly what I'd expect and it's deliciously dark.

Just now, Chipputer said:

After everything you've learned about the Orokin, does this really surprise you? This is exactly what I'd expect and it's deliciously dark.

Yeah, I would like this to be a fact. But as I said, we would need to change some lines of when Lotus talks about the Corrupted. The current one doesnt... exactly fit.

"The tower's Neural Sentry has turned these soldier into mindless attack drones..."

Gives the impression that they are brain dead, which is not as horrifying and makes you think "Oh they are just something like zombies". But if we had her saying something of indocrination or that they are still conscious of themselves but cant do a thing, trapped in their own minds watching as this security system uses their body as a puppet...

Their sounds are horrible. I don't mind them "speaking" but i would rather them speak a different language. They have been taken over by the "neural sentry", so make them speak orokin. Aka a new language based on the little tenno/orokin text we have in game.