Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theory - What are the Warframes, really?

Achaix

1 hour ago, Azathoth0013 said:

I actually like this theory, and if I may, I think I have some explanations for a few of the holes.

First off, for the sake of argument, let's say, Excalibur's codex entry predates the zarimon incident. That could imply Warframe Prime tech existed long before our Tenno were born1, Perhaps the damage sustained to an adult body going into the void practically destroys, and leaves it disfigured, and unable to function, say to the first explorers, UNTIL technocyte reinforcement is added2, Later down the line, The Zarimon parents get the treatment3, while the kids, go into training to become the Operators, As time goes on Warframe Tech becomes more widely used, we see The Orokin create The Guardians (I'd speculate basically technocyte enhanced clones, conditioned for absolute loyalty to the empire, sans void powers). Then the sentients show up, Warframes start dying off, but they're genetic data is on record, so they start cloning. Eventually, once the Operators were ready, The Orokin develope the technology that The Corpus eventually derive their Proxy controls from (Essentially making Warframes a combination of Genetic Technocyte bonding, Pre-Corpus proxy tech, and Orokin modified Grineer cloning methods, after all, according to the Lancer Sanctuary entry, The Orokin created them as a working class, and converted them to soldiers for the Sentient War), only configured for Warframes, Obviously, this ROYALLY pisses off the Survivors (namely The Primes), and the Tenno rebellion ensues, the Grineer are left to their own devices (turns out SO well), the remnants of The Orokin Empire eventually become The Corpus, and other factions. and, obviously, widespread use, and loss of the technology, leads to Technocyte Infestation.4 

By all means, find me some holes to discuss. :)

1) Warframes don't actually work without an Operator to provide energy through Transference

2) The Orokin would probably much sooner kill off any that aren't perfect in their eyes/ beyond saving

3) There were no bodies left on the Ten Zero, only those kids

4) Technically the Orokin created the Infestation as an attempt to combat them (Didn't really pan out very well)

14 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

1) Warframes don't actually work without an Operator to provide energy through Transference

2) The Orokin would probably much sooner kill off any that aren't perfect in their eyes/ beyond saving

3) There were no bodies left on the Ten Zero, only those kids

4) Technically the Orokin created the Infestation as an attempt to combat them (Didn't really pan out very well)

1. Previous incarnations of Warframes may have operated differently, Second Dream DOES suggest the Warframes themselves have SOME degree of individual life force.

2. Not if they saw scientific value.

3. Ten Zero? Or do you mean Zarimon? Gonna need some calirification on this one.

4. The Technocyte is only ever refered to as an Orokin weapon that backfired, I haven't found where it specifies what the Technocyte was created to combat. I'm not sure which innfested boss says it, but "We are your flesh, why do you defy us?" "We are coutless, consume us, be reborn." these quotes might be inaccurate, but they get the point across, Warframes involve SOME kind of use of the technocyte.

Edited by Azathoth0013
Added Infested Quotes, etc.

1 hour ago, Azathoth0013 said:

1. Previous incarnations of Warframes may have operated differently, Second Dream DOES suggest the Warframes themselves have SOME degree of individual life force.

2. Not if they saw scientific value.

3. Ten Zero? Or do you mean Zarimon? Gonna need some calirification on this one.

4. The Technocyte is only ever refered to as an Orokin weapon that backfired, I haven't found where it specifies what the Technocyte was created to combat. I'm not sure which innfested boss says it, but "We are your flesh, why do you defy us?" "We are coutless, consume us, be reborn." these quotes might be inaccurate, but they get the point across, Warframes involve SOME kind of use of the technocyte.

1. Warframes weren't built until the Zariman thing happened, and even that wasn't an accident. True, there is nothing to suggest they didn't use them before the Tenno, but that just sounds like someone is grasping for straws. There's no evidence to disprove it, but no evidence for it either. Really, that part in the Second Dream quest is most likely just to remind you that you are puppeting around a flesh golem.
  2. The Tenno were actually really close to being killed off just for surviving the void, if Margulis hadn't spoken up about it no doubt more Tenno would have been dissected for "science"
  3. Zariman Ten Zero -3-
  4. Why else would someone create a life consuming virus? Warframes are pretty much cyborgs, with a Technocyte creature inside to be the muscles, while the Operator is the brain and provides their power

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2016 at 6:41 PM, motorfirebox said:

Yeah, I think it's definitely possible that the frames were built from the remains of the adults on the Z10-0. As I recall, it never said that the adults were missing. Just that the children were the only ones found alive.

That suggests a pretty dark descent path there, the way you phrase it. If the Zariman was lost for a long period of time (weeks, months,years), provisions would've run dry, which would lead to there being one source of food on the Zariman...those remains would likely be well gnawed.

I don't think the Tenno need traditional sustenance anymore after being twisted by the void. The Tenno are the Children of Zariman, the warframes though were adapted later from infested bio-weapon tech. It stands to reason in universe for most folk to think we are in the warframes - as it builds our legend or immortality and implacable nature. Instead, basically remote control them as surrogates or avatars in the respective movies of the same name; the warframes are what they are from being built from blueprints of original infested test subjects like the Proto-Rhino creature in the Rhino prime codex entry. Two different techs used for a purpose. No less dark really, but thankfully not children being forced to eat their adopted caregivers or corpus.

• 2 weeks later...