The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation Hazard Sorties Tricks

(PSN)Crixus044

3 minutes ago, Arnvidhr said:

I search for good method now to finish it, when team have no idea how to play it, sort of with single frame

The ultimate trick is to play it solo with a radiation immune frame.  If you play it with a nuke frame it can be much quicker than with a team too.

When I feel like doing these with a squad and want to be 99% sure it's successful I use Loki with Safeguard Switch, as he can make the operative (and himself) invulnerable for long periods.  Loki can also move the operative to safer and/or easier to defend locations. Radial Disarm, Decoy, and Invisibility have some value in these too, but really Safeguard can do all the heavy lifting.

Loki's still only 99% successful because there is  a bug where the operative can fall through the map and fail the mission.

Same thing general thing can be done with any frame and Vazarin dash, but that's way more spammy.   There's also Revenant Mesmer Skin's augment, which I think works on defense operatives.  But I dislike Revenant and will take just about any excuse to play Loki.

If you don't have these options I might have other suggestions.

• Like 1

1. It seems that Protea can help here with her shield, if you have Radiation Hazard Defense, not Mobile Defense mission.
  2. Mobile defense probably can handle Octavia, if no teammates with radiation damage on weapons or skills, which can fail the mission.
  3. Also wisp heals can help an operator to survive.
  4. And I suggest with one player from team, always to watch an Operator, if you do exactly Defense sortie, that you were able to resurrect an operator ASAP, when needed. 

P.S. Most of comments at this topic not helping player how to finish the mission. Just some trolling and suggestions how to fail the mission, which probably worth to purge or ignore.

Edited by Arnvidhr

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The ultimate trick is to play it solo with a radiation immune frame.  If you play it with a nuke frame it can be much quicker than with a team too.

When I feel like doing these with a squad and want to be 99% sure it's successful I use Loki with Safeguard Switch, as he can make the operative (and himself) invulnerable for long periods.  Loki can also move the operative to safer and/or easier to defend locations. Radial Disarm, Decoy, and Invisibility have some value in these too, but really Safeguard can do all the heavy lifting.

Loki's still only 99% successful because there is  a bug where the operative can fall through the map and fail the mission.

Same thing general thing can be done with any frame and Vazarin dash, but that's way more spammy.   There's also Revenant Mesmer Skin's augment, which I think works on defense operatives.  But I dislike Revenant and will take just about any excuse to play Loki.

If you don't have these options I might have other suggestions.

I'm an old player, like 7 years or more, and always for me was enough Wisp or Octavia and just to resurrect him when he is down. But DE changed something, that now it not always warn well with sound that Operator is down and very easy to miss it & not to resurrect him. And another issue, not like before, that impossible to see his location, where he is down, in order to resurrect.

Previously, not long time ago I not experienced these issues, just latest game changes involved them.  This made mission harder that need to avoid completely cases when resurrection is needed. So I suggest Protea shields, but also wisp heals probably not bad too.