Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heiracon farming rotation

dodorichard

Question

Farming for R5 cores on Heiracon seems a total RNG crapshoot. I did 1000 Cryotic and I get 10 cores, I do 200 and I get 5 but usually I get nothing. Been reading on forum of excavators equaling Survival 5 min rotations, but that does not sound right.

Anyone with any confirmed info drop chances?

9 answers to this question

It's 25% drop rate of a pack of R5 cores at rotation A.

Excavators are the same as 1 rotation, Survival 5min is also 1 rotation and they share the same drop table.

Keep in mind RNG is always RNG, 25% isn't 100%. Even if it's 99% you could miss it all the time, or 1% and get a ton of it, you still have to roll.

As mentioned already it's 25% on rotation A. So you actually got more than average R5 cores. If you call that RNG crapshoot- OK. The only better way to get a lot of cores is doing sorties. If you really want to get the most out of hieracon you should go with a full squad and make sure you have 2 excavators running pretty much all the time.

I recommend 2 frosts with high range to keep the excavators save. The bubble slows them down enough to make sure you have a bit of time without worrying too much about the thing blowing up and you can freeze everything when there are many.

You get a lot more than in survivals, because excavators don't take nearly as long to finish.

1) If you just want the R5 cores;

Get 200 Cryotic ASAP then leave/extract the mission then repeat as your heart desires.

(Running multiple excavators will speed up the process.)

Excavation A and B has 25% chance of dropping 5 R5 cores.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) If you also want T3, T4 keys as well;

Get 300 Cryotic ASAP then leave/extract and repeat.

Excavation C drops T3, T4 keys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S//

IMHO, Rotation C REALLY isn't  worth it. 

IIRC, it has only about a 4% chance of dropping any decent mods so according to efficiency it isn't worth it.

Edited by NativeKiller

Just fyi, Excavations missions has same rotation as any endless mission: AABC. U will get reward only after completing Excavation, if Excavator is destroyed the reward is moving to next complete Excavation. Drop table:

A Cores, credits

B Void keys, Tier mostly depends on Tier of Excavation mission

C Rare mods like Life Strike or any kind of Ammo mutation

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099
Forgot credits

4 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

Get 200 Cryotic ASAP then leave/extract

Get 300 Cryotic ASAP then leave/extract and repeat.

Where is the fun in that? These tactics make people burn out fast...

You can easily go until 1100 with a decent public squad, and you do it faster with 2 (3 if they spawn close) extractors running at the same time.

If you recruit a premade group from the recruit chat, your organized squad most likely extracts even faster, so you can get 2k+ pretty soon, while earning some focus and having fun (doing the first 2-3 extractors and then leave is boring af imo)

2 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

You can easily go until 1100 with a decent public squad, and you do it faster with 2 (3 if they spawn close) extractors running at the same time.

If you recruit a premade group from the recruit chat, your organized squad most likely extracts even faster, so you can get 2k+ pretty soon, while earning some focus and having fun (doing the first 2-3 extractors and then leave is boring af imo)

Well, I just thought I'd share what I thought would be most "efficient".

I didn't consider the "fun" aspect of "grinding" cores since grinding isn't much fun anyways, IMO.

...To be fair, going 1500+ is easy and less boring but yeah. :D

Edited by NativeKiller

4 hours ago, Krumplifej said:

You can easily do 1000-1500 solo...

Generally farming anything isn't "fun", it is farming... repetitive actions over and over and over. People who are running 200-300 are doing it because they want what drops from those tables and don't want to "waste" time with unnecessary fighting or rewards. Add in that every round gets "stronger" so your time to kill drops. Especially for those people who are pugging 1200 cryotic runs and incapable of doing it solo.

I've never been a huge fan of the excavation missions truthfully, they are nothing but survival missions with annoyances added (having to hunt down a new excavation site, play taxi for the cells, etc.). Not to say they aren't worth doing, the rewards are good, you get the XP from the waves and cryotic. I just like my mindless killing to be undiluted mindless killing I guess lol.