Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launcher Music

Shadow8600

Question

Hello Tenno,

Just wondering if there's any settings at all to lower the Launcher music? it is ridiculously loud compared to my the other game sounds, and damn near deafens me every time I launch the game. It doesn't seem affected by in game settings, so I am unsure where that volume setting might be controlled from.

Edit: Before anyone suggests it. lowering the volume of the game from the Volume mixer does not seem to affect it either. Currently it is at 40% of everything else, and still ridiculously loud.

Edited by Shadow8600

7 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Shadow8600 said:

Latter is currently my technique, however not always successful, and sitting there playing wack-a-mole with a button is hardly a viable solution. Cannot mute sound as more often than not I am having a conversation over Discord or TeamSpeak, and would be incredibly rude on my part to demand everyone be silent for a few seconds as I mute some random music that seems to come at an indescribable volume, despite game settings. I was hoping someone would have come across some file, or setting which a edit could be applied to, rather than what I've mentioned before (volume mixer). Not to mention several other people have mentioned the same thing as well. The previous music we had no issues, it started with the Lunaro changes.

Thats why in sound mixer you specifically mute only the launcher. And iirc it will ALWAYS be muted if you mute specifically the launcher. And it shouldnt carry the mute over into the actual game since I believe theyre two different programs so you shouldnt have to unmute it after that..

28 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Why don't you just lower the mixer further? if it's just the launcher then you could go so far as to completely mute it I run warframe at 10% and I can hear it just fine so it might be something to consider if it's that loud

4 hours ago, rawr1254 said:

You could just mute your sound before opening the launcher, deal with the 3 seconds of loud audio, or just click start before it plays at all.

Latter is currently my technique, however not always successful, and sitting there playing wack-a-mole with a button is hardly a viable solution. Cannot mute sound as more often than not I am having a conversation over Discord or TeamSpeak, and would be incredibly rude on my part to demand everyone be silent for a few seconds as I mute some music that seems to come at an indecipherable higher volume than any other sound made by my PC, despite game or sound settings. I was hoping someone would have come across some file, or setting which a edit could be applied to, rather than what I've mentioned before (volume mixer). Not to mention several other people have mentioned to me, that they've had the same problem. The previous music we had no issues, it started with the Lunaro change.

Edited by Shadow8600

1 minute ago, rawr1254 said:

Thats why in sound mixer you specifically mute only the launcher. And iirc it will ALWAYS be muted if you mute specifically the launcher. And it shouldnt carry the mute over into the actual game since I believe theyre two different programs so you shouldnt have to unmute it after that..

If that is the case, I will attempt to do so.