Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

any planned changes for Vazarin - D polarity for weapons?

cghawk

the amount of weapon mods that use that polarity is almost non existent, so nonexistent that getting a D polarity is actually a downside on nearly all weapons.

there are 5 rifle mods that use the D polarity and 2 of those are pvp exclusive

there are 5 pistols mods that use the D polarity and 3 of those are pvp exclusive

there are 5 melee mods that use the D polarity

weapons that come with a D polarity:

• Boltor
  • Kohm
  • Opticor
  • Quanta
  • Sancti Tigris
  • Secura Penta
  • Simulor
  • Synoid Simulor
  • Telos Boltor
  • Vaykor Hek
  • Akbolto
  • Angstrum
  • Atomos
  • Balistica
  • Bolto
  • Gammacor
  • Kohmak
  • Kulstar
  • Rakta Balistica
  • Sancti Castannas
  • Sonicor
  • Stug
  • Synoid Gammacor
  • Telos Akbolto
  • Twin Kohmak
  • Vaykor Marelok
  • Bo
  • Bo Prime
  • Cereta
  • Dragon Nikana
  • Dual Ichor
  • Dual Zoren
  • Ether Daggers
  • Fang
  • Fang Prime
  • Fragor Prime
  • MK1-BO
  • Nikana
  • Nikana Prime
  • Sibear
  • Tipedo

so out of 163 weapons with innate polarities 41(25%) have a D polarity when on average there are only 3 mods you can use for that polarity, for a polarity with so few and lacklustre mods this seems like way to much of an overkill so I'm hoping there will be coming some changes to this in update 19 and if not then after that update because as it stands the D polarity serves more of a downgrade of a weapon instead of a upgrade.

Well for melee weapons the d polarity is not bad because of life strike but on everything else the only good d polarity mod is the cold elemental one (chilling grasp,deep freeze,cryo rounds) but you dont always want cold damage or a cold combo (blast, viral, magnetic) on a weapon, so ithink some thought should be pu into d polarity mods that are useful. :clem:

Seeing as it's the defensive polarity, we'd need mods for those weapons that more for a defensive use. It helps more often than it hinders before using forma, so don't see it as a problem. It  help much, but it hardly gets in the way either. Sometimes I just work with it, which can be kinda fun.

Yes PLEASE. I hate that polarity with a burning passion. Trying to build things for Saryn Prime when I need gas damage AND EVERYTHING WANTS A COLD MOD is making me quite upset. I think many of my greatest moments of Warframe frustration come from questionable polarities (Power drift should have a V not Zenurik polarity wtf is that).