Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes

Xterpin

Question

5 answers to this question

Yeah, that's easy to answer ... not!</borat>

There are a bunch of ways to provide "support" - Trinity gives excellent heals and damage reduction,
Rhino has a damage buff and large radial CC, Equinox has healing / team buffing / damage reduction / CC,
Frost is a near must-have in (non-Infested!) Defense, Vauban has amazing CC, Nova has CC + a damage boost in one ability,
Nekros and Hydroid (also Ivara / Atlas) can give you additional drops, ...

For damage, what are you looking for?
Large AoE damage that doesn't care about line of sight? Lotsa Frames have something like that,
Ash / Equinox / Saryn / ResQuake Banshee come to mind in terms of most impressive in that regard.
Concentrated single-target / smaller group damage? Ash, Resonance Banshee, Limbo, Mag, Valkyr,
1-2 combo Trinity, anyone that can freely do Covert Lethality Finishers, ...

Inaros and Wukong are probably the best tanks right now with Hysteria I belive no longer being sustainable for a whole mission,
Rhino with Augments for both Rhino Charge and Iron Skin can get pretty silly sturdy,
Mesa and Zephyr can large ignore ranged attacks, Link Trinity is pretty durable, Shield of Shadows Nekros is a tough cookie, ...

So, yeah no, there's really no definite answer, also you don't need "the best" (lol opinion) for every mission,
finding a favorite and making them work (possibly better than the "current Meta" choice) is way more fun.

I would point you towards Frost and Vauban.

I could give you tough to kill frames of frames with heals, but that'd be a misleading answer. The game doesn't lead to the MMORPG tank/healer/dps trinity that your post makes me think you are expecting. For most of the content it's more like a JRPG or ARPG where heavy investment in upgrades and mods can allow you to out-level/out-gear the enemies so your frame is mostly not important, although some frames can make certain modes easier. Then when you get into "end game" or want to do endless missions it becomes more about stacking CC and barriers because enemy offense gets really scary. Frost and Vauban are the best Barrier frames and they bring CC.

Edited by VKhaun