Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is better against infested

(XBOX)BSRK1

Question

So I'm modding a weapon for it to be good against all factions, but mostly infested. And the weapon is a broken war that deals 28.8 impact and puncture, 437.8 slash, and 475.2 corrosive. And I have one mod space left and I'm trying to decide what would work better against the infested. I could use a fully ranked smite infested mod which ups the damage against infested by 30 percent, or I could use a molten impact that gives my weapon an additional 259.2 best damage. And mind that heat damage does do increased damage against infested units as well as other fleshy units

5 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, (XB1)BSRK Helios said:

So I'm modding a weapon for it to be good against all factions, but mostly infested. And the weapon is a broken war that deals 28.8 impact and puncture, 437.8 slash, and 475.2 corrosive. And I have one mod space left and I'm trying to decide what would work better against the infested. I could use a fully ranked smite infested mod which ups the damage against infested by 30 percent, or I could use a molten impact that gives my weapon an additional 259.2 best damage. And mind that heat damage does do increased damage against infested units as well as other fleshy units

I would personally go with the Molten mod.  If you plan on playing a majority of infested missions, then the smite infested might be better for your personal tastes.  If you have not gone through the star chart yet, I would go with Molten.

the most efficient mod in the last slot highly depends on the other ones in the build.

i strongly recommend adding one elemental at least (or buzz kill on slash based weapons) because the 90% of the first elemental is only surpassed by primed pressure point

if you have 2 elemental mods in your build already, they add equal damage, if you have 3 elementals, smite faction is better. maths below:

Spoiler

Faction mods on weapons give only 30% bonus damage (non-primed of course), while elementals give 90%. However, mods that use the same damage type only add together, while a mod from a different type multiplies the total damage.

There are 3 categories:

base damage

elemental damage (mods that increase slash/impact/puncture also belong here)

bane/expel/smite faction mods

So, you want to add one mod from the first 2 categories first.

Then adding a secont elemental makes 180% elemental damage, which is only 47% increase (total 280% compared to 190%) - still better than 30%, and not even faction specific

The third elemental adds 32% (increases elemental damage to 370% from 280%) this one is worth considering, depends on the elemental combo

The 4th elemental only adds 24%, not to mention that it makes probably a bad combo elemental depending on the first 3.

also, spoiled strike isn't worth using with primed pressure point for the same reason (you already have 265% damage, making it 365% only increases damage by 37% which isn't worth the mod slot and the attack speed loss)

Honestly, my math is not usable most of the time, since everybody uses 2 crit mods, blood rush, body count, berserker and pressure point, which only leaves 2 slots to work with.

I use one elemental (or focus energy) and a utility mod, like life strike / reach / primed fury (when i'll get it), but 2 elementals also work.

Hope this helped to understand modding better!