Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Un-Official Warframe Tier List

Sideway

It attracts bullets to the center mass of the target. Shoot at the top of the bubble and all your shots turn to headshots.

^this.  The bullets travel in a straight line from wherever on the surface they hit to the center of the body (the center of the sphere), so whatever body part you happen to hit on that path is what your damage will be dealt as. 

Still kinda awkward and not entirely worth it >.>

I feel that this is bogus., I feel that Vauban is not that godly... He is too squishy to be godly.  I also feel that if a player lets his opinion cloud his judgment on certain warframes, he will most likely find the frame to be weak.  I have several frames to 30, and I can say that each, EACH frame serves a purpose.  Where as Vauban can do mass amounts of damage, I can certainly out preform him with Nyx or Ash depending on the faction.  Yes 4-5 frames need some reworking, some more than others.  This is nothing new to the devs, but don't count out the fact that each player has a preference of gameplay, and when he finds that ONE frame, he will excel above others.  This is fact, as no one build can satisfy every players style.  Some players prefer melee, some prefer ballistic, I personally find that using both will yield a higher damage percentile than my teammates, who are stuck in a single pattern of gameplay.

Also, the fact that each warframe brings something unique to the squad, says much to the diversity of warframes and can allow players to explore and develop their style.  By simply saying one is better than the other highlights the fact that you haven't explored all the possibilities of each warframe.  I have a feeling that as more content is added, people will begin to understand that each warframe has potential to preform well.

What..? It's not worth it against anything. It reduces your accuracy!

I meant it as a mostly defensive ability so they shoot themselves.  But that's pretty much the only thing it's good for.  It costs too much to just cast it on whatever enemy is the first through a choke point.  I've edited my post to clarify.

One of the important things to remember about the power levels of frames is that utility is just going to blow damage out of the water in levels of usefulness, in the kind of 'end game' content we have currently (high tier endless defense and t3 void).

Every character has three slots they can use to bring damage; primary, secondary, and melee.

There's no such slotting for utility, so bringing something like Snowglobe is pretty impressive.  I say this as someone who's favorite suit is Ash, so get where I'm coming from here.

Doing tons of damage is only helpful when it comes in massive bursts or combined with some other sort of control (I find Soundquake to be an amazing ult even late-stage because while it doesn't always wipe the room, it comes with like three seconds of stunning everything in a huge AoE, so it's great for defending and for allowing a third teammate to res others). Then go look at Overload, where it either clears a room instantly or gets you killed.

Radial Javelins on the other hand is nice because even when it doesn't kill everything, it's -fast- and you get that massive damage burst all over the room. (and it has a hillarious interaction with Bullet Attractor).  I feel similarly about say, Ash's shuriken - it does a lot of damage RIGHT NOW and can be helpful if you're at full energy just to waste a boss faster. It's also handy as hell for dropping Corpus drones.

This is a run-and-gun with some occasional defense game. So two things are important; killing things NOW so they don't do any further damage, and keeping things away from defensive points/downed teammates.  So it's not really any surprise that suits which cant really do either of those things are at a massive disadvantage when some suits do one and a few suits do both.

It attracts bullets to the center mass of the target. Shoot at the top of the bubble and all your shots turn to headshots.

Aha no it doesn't. It turns some into headshots, and some into body shots. So for somebody like me who can actually shoot accurately, it reduces DPS. You know what, when I get Mag to 30, I'll do a DPS comparison. And record it. Just to prove a point. >_>

Notso, let's not forget that it also renders the target unable to return fire. That IS useful sometimes.

True. It can neutralize a Napalm or whatever, but this functionality is rendered obsolete by Nyx who can make nasty enemies fight for you rather than just making them ineffective.

Trinity really needs to be in god tier. In the hands of a advanced player Trinity can solo infested defense mission to wave 20+. I suppose some of her tactics could be considered borderline glitches/mechanic abuse but IMO that's what makes god tier, figuring out the loopholes/exploits a warframe can achieve far beyond any other.

ill agree with the op in almost every aspect, however you have to take into account playstyle and how much people enjoy playing certain frames. for instance i hate ash, and love my ember, and will admit in defense i usually always play vauban, frost of nyx. and lets face it, once youve unlocked every zone your doing defense for xp, and mods and thats really it. many frames are useful in specific situations but that limitation severely hampers those frames. lets look at mag, pull, only used to get friends out of danger and never used, shield polarize....moving on, bullet attractor, pretty much only usefull on bosses, and crush sadly its not what it used to be with its reduced range and slow cast time.

now lets say DE added in something like hidden areas in maps that would require the use of certain skills to get to/enter. like a big metal plate that mag could pull down and reveal a hidden room (simply an example) or maybe a boss that carries a shield like the lesser grineer mobs do, and during the fight mag can pull the shield away, and later on the boss could pick it up again (again another example), now shield polarize, make this an aoe, around the caster and will drain enemy shields to restore friendlies boom done, or remove the skill and give her something new.

while this was mag centric its merely an example of what could be done to make frames more viable in maps and encourage using different ones, every frame has a power that i feel could be used in a very unique way or to do something within the maps. so long as the devs were to actually implement these mechanics.

Loki at mid tier? He's at least high tier material.

Banshee would be mid tier with her nerfed ult.

Trinity is nothing short of god tier by the way, she's the tank jesus for christ's sake. Rhino can move over, this frame is invincible right now and can just walk into enemy fire.

Rhino cant tank u say... i think its a great deal god mode  - aggro, use focus and u will be able to hold 1000+dmg high shields high hp and high armor OMG. ur placing banshee... she sucks more than mag... only god thing is ult and its not so diferent from other ults... even 3rd rhino hab works the ame way (u wont be sitting like ur pooping lot of time to do dmg), Excalibur sucks even more than mag... its good when ur a noob 'cause its balanced but not more...  ember sucks 2, she needs to be close combat and due to its fire nature its usefull only vs infested (same with volt and corpus) but i've seen a lot of times ppl with ember who allways die 'cause they have to get close to toxic ancients LOL, frost is only god for defense missions vs corpus and grineer not more, his ult is the same that mag, also vauban is not god tier bastile wont work against railgun moas and enemies with guns that have decent reach of fire... vortex sucks u will be moving like ur control doesnt respond and u will leave most of ur team8 unable to aim or use melee, tesla is good for 1st hab and no more only thesla... u say rhino stomp suck compared to bastile, yes reason: rhino doesnt depend only on iron skin or stomp, u can do dmg, u can draw dmg to urself, u can reach places with charge and u can leave oponets out of the fight with stomp what more can u ask for it... also u know the insane ammount of dmg need to take down rhino ??? max defense build... its not even low, what do like to tank with ?? ember? trinity? FROST??? LOL Good luck with that when u c enemies past u like u arent there LOL theres where aggro works.

Finaly... YOU CANNT PLACE A TIER OF WARFRAME!!! they all are diferent playstyles... u cant compare rhino with loki or trinity with vauban...

Thats the thing I love from warframe... EVERYONE WILL HAVE A WARFRAME TO EVERY PLAY STYLE

loki cant do dps with habs that doesnt mean he sucks, saryn cant do crowd control like nyx, nyx cant do dmg like saryn, etc... ppl please dont do tier lists or try to find the best thing in game 'cause that thing doesnt exist. everything depends on ur playstyle and user hability with weapon/warframe.

Rhino cant tank u say... i think its a great deal god mode  - aggro, use focus and u will be able to hold 1000+dmg high shields high hp and high armor OMG. ur placing banshee... she sucks more than mag... only god thing is ult and its not so diferent from other ults... even 3rd rhino hab works the ame way (u wont be sitting like ur pooping lot of time to do dmg), Excalibur sucks even more than mag... its good when ur a noob 'cause its balanced but not more...  ember sucks 2, she needs to be close combat and due to its fire nature its usefull only vs infested (same with volt and corpus) but i've seen a lot of times ppl with ember who allways die 'cause they have to get close to toxic ancients LOL, frost is only god for defense missions vs corpus and grineer not more, his ult is the same that mag, also vauban is not god tier bastile wont work against railgun moas and enemies with guns that have decent reach of fire... vortex sucks u will be moving like ur control doesnt respond and u will leave most of ur team8 unable to aim or use melee, tesla is good for 1st hab and no more only thesla... u say rhino stomp suck compared to bastile, yes reason: rhino doesnt depend only on iron skin or stomp, u can do dmg, u can draw dmg to urself, u can reach places with charge and u can leave oponets out of the fight with stomp what more can u ask for it... also u know the insane ammount of dmg need to take down rhino ??? max defense build... its not even low, what do like to tank with ?? ember? trinity? FROST??? LOL Good luck with that when u c enemies past u like u arent there LOL theres where aggro works.

Finaly... YOU CANNT PLACE A TIER OF WARFRAME!!! they all are diferent playstyles... u cant compare rhino with loki or trinity with vauban...

Thats the thing I love from warframe... EVERYONE WILL HAVE A WARFRAME TO EVERY PLAY STYLE

loki cant do dps with habs that doesnt mean he sucks, saryn cant do crowd control like nyx, nyx cant do dmg like saryn, etc... ppl please dont do tier lists or try to find the best thing in game 'cause that thing doesnt exist. everything depends on ur playstyle and user hability with weapon/warframe.

There is a lot here that I disagree with, but I think the most important piece is this: how bad Iron Skin really is.  Lets compare it to Ember with Overheat, assuming both are kitted out for tanking:

Rhino Max Shields: 150*(1+4.4)+300=1,110

Rhino Max Iron Skin Damage Absorb=800*1.3=1,040

Rhino Damage Sink Before Health: 1110+1040=2,150

Rhino Max Health: 100*(1+4.4)+200=740

Rhino Max Armor: 150*(1+1.1)=315 for damage mitigation of (315/415)*100%=75.9%

Rhino Effective Health: 750/(1-.759)=3,112

Rhino Total Damage Until Death: 5,262

Ember Max Shields: 100*(1+4.4)+200=740

Ember Max Overheat Mitigation: 70%*1.3=91%

Ember Damage Sink Before Health: 740/(1-.91)=8,222

Ember Max Health: 100*(1+4.4)+200=740

Ember Max Armor: 10*(1+1.1)=21 for damage mitigation of (21/121)*100%=17.5%

Ember Effective Health: 750/(1-.175)=909

Ember Effective Health with Overheat: 909/(1-.91)=10,101

Ember Total Damage Until Death=18,323

So for Overheat vs Iron Skin, Ember can sink 6075 more damage until health, and that health will withstand 6,989 more damage before death than the Rhino.  Overheat lasts only two seconds less than the Iron Skin, and deals 100dps (full 200dps vs all infested) to nearby enemies which acts to draw agro.  EDIT: And just so I don't sound totally biased, Iron Skin has the advantage of being immune to knockdown/stun/poison while active (both give immunity to energy drain/disruption) and will draw agro from longer range.

I think this is a pretty strong indictment against Iron Skin, when the squishy caster can potentially tank better than the supposed tank. 

Edited by JBS_1

Iron skin has the advantage of like aggroing the entire room though.

But given that it is flat mitigation and not % reduction scaling Rhino will eventually fall flat on it's face at sufficiently higher levels.

Iron Skin isn't his only move, nor is it his most useful move.

Iron Skin isn't his only move, nor is it his most useful move.

Rhino Stomp too energy inefficient. Bastille is still better.

Rhino Charge is weak and can't go as far compared to Slash Dash.

Radial Blast can be effective, but don't use it against Grineer unless you enjoy doing 200 damage, sometimes less. And spending 75 energy for a knock down that barely last 3 seconds on the enemy.

So that makes 3 crap abilities and Radial blast being the only one half decent ?

How I know ? I played him the most outside of Exaclibur and his Prime.

His Iron skin makes face tanking Hyena and lower bosses a joke, but it becomes lacking very quickly at higher levels.

Consider this, 2 swipes from Phorid negates it's effect.

Edited by fatpig84

I think something should be done with Loki and Rhino. Rhino needs to be able to actually tank shock waves and damage, and while Loki does provide potent alternative to gunplay the fact that he has low attributes aside from speed and no direct damage abilities does render

him to sadly very very niche roles. Loki needs to be a trickster with powers that cant be reproducible in other warframes; ie Ash's smokescreen and Saryn's molt, and the disarming wave has little usefulness when other warframes can simply deploy AoE damage abilities. The switch teleporting is confusing because when you use it you still have to aim across the map to where you were. Invisibility is really his best ability with all the crit it lends and invulnerability. Its been posted in other forums but Rhino needs to be able to recover quicker from shock waves and other stunning attacks from enemies because he's huge andboth an unstopable force and immovable object. The ult for Rhino definitely needs reworking because its a worse version of Vauban's bastille and really radial blast is his ult not rhino stomp.

Excailbur with fully maxed mods is far-more god like than Vauban.

It really saddens me to see comments like that after 18 pages of awesome discussion and feedback. I'm sorry to say that you know nothing about the metagame of Warframe and you should be ashamed of your casualness :(

Loki: Melees better(longer invis), defends better(decoy), survives better(yes despite lower health/shields), CC's better(decoy/radial disarm). Ash ends up mainly being a Saryn/Loki hybrid wannabe that fails both ways. Ash's only saving grace is that his invis works on his sentinel too(really they should fix so Loki's does as well). His ult sucks, his teleport isn't that useful, shurikens are ok-ish for non-defense, leaving only his(short) invis, and high health. It's not enough.