Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Un-Official Warframe Tier List

Sideway

Pull - Pulls enemies closer and allies to safety. If it gets too crowded and you need to revive an ally who got incapacitated this is pretty useful. 

While it sounds good in theory, in practice the skill takes no priority for allies over enemies, so trying to actually pull an ally out of a mob is a complete crapshoot.

Besides the fact that any kind of railing or large pebble stops it

Shield Polarize - This one's pretty useful too, especially in defense missions. Just imagine a horde of Grineer attacking the cryopod/artifact/anything else you need to protect. You manage to get rid of them, but there are still plenty of enemies coming your way, and the thing's shield drops down to almost nothing. A few minutes later a Mag on your team restores the shield. Well?

That is a single situtation where it might be useful

Except for the fact that the pod's shield goes down extremely quickly (Especially at higher levels) and recharges fairly quickly when left alone

Bullet Attractor: Yes. This. THIS. Pair her up with an Excalibur. Use this skill on the boss. Then have the Excalibur use Radial Javelin. If it's a low level boss you're done in minutes. This is also great if you're using a low accuracy but high damage weapons such as shotguns.

Bullet Attractor would be good if it redirected to weak points, because there's nothing worse than unloading in a bosses head and then bullet attractor pops up on them, redirecting all your shots to their chest. Or a Banshee casts Sonar and then a Mag follows it up with Bullet Attractor to make it useless

Crush: Do I need to explain this? Max this skill out and Mag can turn the tide of any battle. Being ambushed by a horde of enemies? Crush them then laugh maniacally.

Crush does a hilariously small amount of damage to other ults, ESPECIALLY against Grineer (Non-AP damage). The only good things I can say about crush are that it has a good range and it makes it easy for me to run up and actually deal out damage while everything is floating in the air

Thread translation

God tier - [ Frame I want nerfed ]

High Tier - [ Frames I like to see other people playing in a co-op mission ]

Mid Tier - [ Frames I plan to purchase next for plat and wouldn't mind if they got a buff ]

Low Tier - [ Frames I own and want to see buffed yesterday ]

Trash Tier - [ Frames that I regret playing and don't want to see other people play in my co-op missions ]

You're welcome.  :-)

Hmm, I am interested in what the rest of the community thinks of this list. Do you agree/disagree? Have you played all 13 frames, or are you in a clan or squad with access to all 13, and found clear disadvantages as suggested in this image?

I agree with most of the list. I don't think Mag's that bad, but as for the rest... Let me explain the rationale behind this:

Vauban is god-tier because there's nothing he's bad at. Bastille is insanely useful in practice, Vortex is just as, if not more powerful than any uber, bouncepad is fun and Teslas are both fun and actually viable defense mechanisms due to lasting so long and not being limited in the number you can have out at one time.

High-tier: each warframe here either has one ability that is exceptionally powerful or a couple of abilities that make it flexible in many situations.

Banshee has utility against both beefy enemies (sonar) and small fodder (sound quake).

Frost's snowglobe is insanely useful in any defense mission that features Grineer or Corpus, lasts for a long time and is easily capable of encompassing a cryopod no matter how large. This makes him almost mandatory in higher level defense. It's my assessment that Snowglobe is so tactically viable, it's broken. It's a unique ability that takes away 90% of the difficulty of any non-infested defense mission. And he also has an AoE.

Saryn has an armor-piercing ultimate that is not limited by number of targets (unlike Excalibur or Ash), does a lot of damage in a sphere and casts almost instantly. Mana reserves in multiplayer tend to be very high, especially in infested defense. The fact that Continuity adds a 5th tick to Miasma is also to be considered.

Nyx has the best crowd-control ability in the entire game that scales directly with enemy level, and never falls out of use.

Mid Tier: warframes that are situationally useful. Imo Trinity should be higher up, but I didn't make the list.

Low Tier: warframes that lack in certain parts. Electric damage is widely considered to be the worst damage type: ancients (arguably the most dangerous enemies in the game) are immune to it, and Corpus doesn't have any beefy enemies like Grineer and Infested. Rhino has sub-par damage, an ultimate that is COMPLETELY UNDERMINED by Bastille, and now even his trademark skill doesn't scale at higher levels.

Edited by krisp

While the tier-listing is fairly accurate, when it comes to the point of DE having to tweak the abilities of...well, imo, ALL Warframes, they need to think of a couple things for ALL abilities:

* If it is an ability that deals damage, it HAS to ignore armor! Otherwise, the damage drops off WAY too fast against higher level enemies.

* An ability always needs utility to it, even a damaging one. Why? Well, if it is a damaging ability and you are fighting high level enemies, so high that the damage of the ability is starting to get neglectable, there needs to be something that makes the ability useful regardless of its damaging capabilities. Effects such as simple as just stunning enemies are highly useful, regardless of enemy levels.

* Make as few abilities be "single target" ones, and if they are, make them REALLY useful and maybe even at least pseudo-aoe-abilities (Such as Mind Control, which affects one enemy directly, but more enemies indirectly due to having an "ally" that can attack many others and is at least a bullet sponge for you and your allies)). Why? Because the abilities that generally only affect one target at a time are the ones that (generally) gets used the least. Good examples are Pull, Well of Life and even a stronger single target ability such as Freeze. Yeah, they have their uses, but since they only handle one enemy at the time, they tend be used more seldomly. If abilities are supposed to stay as single target ones, then you need to make sure the ability is cheap to use (yes, 25 energy is too much for an ability such as Pull imo) and very fast to cast too.

And here is also a shameless little link to my thread regarding how one could change all the abilities to make them all more useful (Warning, IMMENSLY huge thread!)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/46685-azamagons-warframe-ability-balancing/#entry473716

(Note: That thread is still being updated from time to time as i come up with better ideas!)

Edited by Azamagon

Vauban is god-tier because there's nothing he's bad at. Bastille is insanely useful in practice, Vortex is just as, if not more powerful than any uber, bouncepad is fun and Teslas are both fun and actually viable defense mechanisms due to lasting so long and not being limited in the number you can have out at one time.

Oh sure he has.

His frame stats are the worst after Loki

with the lowest shield ingame! and only "normal" HP of 100...he is bad in taking a hit.

Tesla is Worthless against Infested.

Bouncepad is jsut fun, not good, not bad, mostly annoying for teammates.

Vortex is not powerfull. it cnat deal good damage, it can just pull enemys into one spot. Without AoE or Puncture weapons you should not even use it, you should use bastille isntead.

Bastille is strong agaisnt melee fighters, the same that frost can do against Ranged attacks.

Vauban is just the Anti-Infested-Defender, while frost is the anti-Ranged Defender.

Bastille and Vortex are worthless against most of the Grineer and Corpus, because they tend to spread around and snipe, while infested try to run towards you.

Mid Tier

Saryn - Miasma is good, but everything else is just... meh.

Saryn is Mid Tier???

Please...She has the highest HP of 150 with Ash, also she has the second highest armor of 100.

Because of that she is the frame that can take the most hits to the Healthpoints, even more than Rhino and Frost.

She has a Decoy to prevent the incomming hits.

Her Toxic Blade can deal up to 110% Armor Ignoring Melee Damage.

And her Miasma? we dont need to talk about this. strongest damage ability ingame.

So...she can Tank (HP+Armor), she can Defend (Decoy), she can score the highest Melee damage and she can score the highest Uber Damage against higher level enemies. and you call her Mid-Tier? She is a goddes, she eats Vauban for breakfast and Rhino for Dessert, served with a Frost'ed Trinity-Energy drink. After that she picks her tooth with Ecaliburs Spears.

Edited by LazerusKI

I use Vauban quite a lot and I have to disagree with you a bit here:

He is god tier on infested defense. On offense not so much. His speciality niche is area denial, great for offense but not so much for defense.

Against range opponents Bastille isn't that useful, snowglobe is infinitely more useful in those situations. Against infested and melee units it serves its purpose quite well though.

Vortex does low damage, only 15 per tick to enemies, doesnt affect most bosses or even the stalker, and only has some CC ability, which while useful can get idiots killed when they run into a vortex on an infested mission and die due to the sucked up toxics.

Hell, it wont even kill a level 25 ancient.

Bouncepad is fun and deals a little bit of damage, but isn't that useful overall. Tesla is very useful against corpus, somewhat useful against grineer, and then fails against infested.

Overall he is high tier but not god tier. You can't claim god tier because he is uber against one faction and meh to good on the other two. Otherwise Frost is god tier because he has snowglobe which shuts down 2 out of the 3 factions and makes his entire team invulnerable while they can safely shoot all other enemies and kill them quickly.

I use Vauban quite a lot and I have to disagree with you a bit here:

He is god tier on infested defense. On offense not so much. His speciality niche is area denial, great for offense but not so much for defense.

Against range opponents Bastille isn't that useful, snowglobe is infinitely more useful in those situations. Against infested and melee units it serves its purpose quite well though.

Vortex does low damage, only 15 per tick to enemies, doesnt affect most bosses or even the stalker, and only has some CC ability, which while useful can get idiots killed when they run into a vortex on an infested mission and die due to the sucked up toxics.

Hell, it wont even kill a level 25 ancient.

Bouncepad is fun and deals a little bit of damage, but isn't that useful overall. Tesla is very useful against corpus, somewhat useful against grineer, and then fails against infested.

Overall he is high tier but not god tier. You can't claim god tier because he is uber against one faction and meh to good on the other two. Otherwise Frost is god tier because he has snowglobe which shuts down 2 out of the 3 factions and makes his entire team invulnerable while they can safely shoot all other enemies and kill them quickly.

Solid points, but the major idea was that none of his skills go to waste while still being really good. The high tier frames have at least 1 skill each that isn't that good.

Bastille is Snowglobe for infested, that alone should make him at least high tier.

Vortex does enough damage to kill most fodder (correct me if I'm wrong) which puts it on the same level as any other ultimate, except it CCs for 13 seconds while leaving Vauban free to do anything. It also synergizes with Torid/Ogris.

And Tesla is hands down the best 1 skill in the game. You can put it on your teammates and voila, offense.

D'awwwwwww

Poor Mag!

Interesting! I'd heard about this list but finally decided to look at it. My opinion only differs in three areas:

Frost: (God Tier)

I think Frost is up there with Vauban on God Tier. I don't even have a reactor in mine because he works fine without one and well.. I'm saving it for Prime >.> I shutter to think how devastatingly powerful and durable he would be when potatoed, It perplexes me how he could be anything but god tier!

I simply can't remember the last time I saw a Frost go down in combat or lose a defense mission. I'm not even sure Pepperidge Farm remembers..

Now if only those systems would drop for Prime.. I'm so sick of Reaper Handles >.<

Loki:  (High Tier)

Loki should be high tier. Period. His movement speed, damage output, and tendency to be very slippery make him excellent for solo-speed runs and solo boss farming. If you need mats or warframe parts and don't have the time to be fettered down by some bumbling public team, Loki is your frame.

In a defense or comparable team environment, he can utilize decoy and switch teleport to provide lots of utility to a team.
It's worth noting that invisibility is not just a stealth mechanic as most people think of it as----but rather, should be thought of as a melee damage multiplier. If you put it into prosective, you're dealing what? Double melee damage, while practically invincible?

Even radial disarm has it's uses. Plant a decoy, disarm Corpus/Grineer, they swarm the Decoy, a teammate such as Saryn for example casts Miasma. Just like the infested. Wave Complete! And don't say that isn't energy efficient. With streamline and his alt helmet you have practically infinite energy.

Volt:  (Mag Tier)

And honestly, I would have thought Volt to be down there with her. He is highly specialized, like ember, but at least ember has overheat and world on fire to carry her through non-infested situations. Is he a gunslinger or is he a caster? He has this weird dichotomy of being being overspecialized and yet not even fulfilling that role as well as some other frames could.

I love super speed but would love it more with a passive benefit. I like the deployable cover but... Isn't he supposed to be a caster? Wouldn't deployable cover make more sense on some a frame that actually tauts itself as a gunslinger? I would like to see him reworked with stuns. His element is electricity making this very thematic. The stuns would lend him crowd control utility to a team even if they weren't fighting Corpus.

Edited by Rudest

I have all the current warframes, I have to say that Vauban is the god of defense missions, but is great everywhere else. Mag could use something, As could Loki, I mean Loki is the squishiest warframe and it has some uses, if used smartly. Like Switch Teleport, swap your position with say...an Ancient and drop it right into Vauban's Bastille. Loki is just a bit too situational and there is no reason to take him over something else. Maybe if there was more focus on the necessity for stealth...

Volt needs something if only because Volt is basically useless against infested, Electrical attacks should have some other benefit to them that makes them useful on all targets, like reducing enemy armor or stunning them. Let's assume that enemies here have normal brains and nervous systems that use electrical impulses, Volt should at the very least stun everything. On top of that, Volt's energy shield should either be affected by stretch to make it bigger or be reworked into a moving frontal shield, sort of like a riot shield.

A lot of it should just be added benefits to powers so they are useful in all situations. Pull is just...too situational. If Mag had another power that had no range on it but did massive damage...Or, better yet. Pull should be a AOE, pull group of enemies to you, us crush, SMASH THEM ALL! And crush should maybe do extra damage based upon the armor enemies have. Think about that for a moment, Mag uses magnetic forces, if an enemy is wearing a lot of heavy or extra armor, which we assume is metal at this point, it gives more for Mag to manipulate and smash against the enemy. Mag's bullet attractor should make the shots ignore armor, just my opinion.

IMO, all the warframes should have benefits to being brought along, there shouldn't be a warframe that is completely "essential" for a mission but it wouldn't hurt to help. This can sort of be worked out by not just balancing the current powers of the warframes, but adding NEW powers that they can use, such as giving Mag a new #2 power that magnetizes an enemy or ally, making them move slower or faster depending on if friend or foe. And to me, volt should be the shield polarizer not Mag...some of these powers look like they were ment as some sort of alternate power for other warframes.

I agree with most of the list. I don't think Mag's that bad, but as for the rest... Let me explain the rationale behind this:

Vauban is not a solo artist, he can't take too many hits.

Solid points, but the major idea was that none of his skills go to waste while still being really good. The high tier frames have at least 1 skill each that isn't that good.

Bastille is Snowglobe for infested, that alone should make him at least high tier.

Vortex does enough damage to kill most fodder (correct me if I'm wrong) which puts it on the same level as any other ultimate, except it CCs for 13 seconds while leaving Vauban free to do anything. It also synergizes with Torid/Ogris.

And Tesla is hands down the best 1 skill in the game. You can put it on your teammates and voila, offense.

Bounce pad is Vauban's weak skill that has some *very* situational usage. Sure it can keep a boss busy for a few seconds, or a few (at most 4) trash mobs busy but for 50 energy? Not that worth it most of the time. Its somewhat good at making a shortcut, but not by too much.

Vortex stops killing even trash mobs a few levels before any other frames ultimate. Sure it has the CC ability, but if you dont have puncture or an AOE weapon its not going to do much overall to help you clear out a ton of trash.

And the thing when comparing Bastille to Snowglobe is that Snowglobe blocks all bullets AND slows all enemies in its effect. Bastille only stops enemies who enter its effect and its very hard to lure a bunch of people with guns into bastille making Snowglobe a bit more universally useful.

Tesla rocks against corpus, is good against grineer, but against infested it drops off too fast to really be useful.

I don't put much stock in squishiness or tankiness. I mean, once you get past the early waves, doesn't every frame die in one hit anyway?

More or less, but in "regular play" (Various missions, boss battles, whatever) there are definitely frames that are more tanky than others

Volt's electric sheild makes all laser weapons hitscan (Dera,Supra,Lanka) and makes all guns ignore armour, speed allows you to resurrect far away allies that went down (like that Vauban that goes down when an infested coughs on him) and allowing him to ill enemies faster with melee as you can just charge and zip on to the next enemy. Overload kills anything up to level 60 on a Corps ship but it needs to be reworked so that it has a high base damage but gets buffed by electronics instead of relying on them for damage. I suggested multiple times that Shock needs to let Volt go into something like a Caster Mode and let him Shoot Lightning instead of bullets with the fire button, cast a small shockwave for the block button for 25 energy per bolt and 50 per shockwave. Also, up his energy pool. No reason a frame based on electricity has a generic energy pool. He should be up there with Vauban and Loki.

I can almost guarantee that most people making tier lists havn't played all the frames and are just talking out their &amp;#&#33;. Out of all the frames i used, I had the most fun with Volt and i got the most kills in missions with Volt, nuff said. Potato'd him twice forma'd.still getting to 700 kills on grineer defense.

I can almost guarantee that most people making tier lists havn't played all the frames and are just talking out their &amp;#&#33;. Out of all the frames i used, I had the most fun with Volt and i got the most kills in missions with Volt, nuff said. Potato'd him twice forma'd.still getting to 700 kills on grineer defense.

To be fair..different people have different play-styles and preferences. So far I'm just more inclined to think that certain people happen to have the skills and understanding required to actually 'specialize' and adapt to certain warframes that might otherwise be useless to another player.

A good example is right here in this very thread. You grab 700 kills on Grineer Defense with a warframe I pretty much dumped for Mag, despite having potatoed and gotten him to Rank 30 (Though I will say I very much enjoyed Volt)

Some warframes just fit certain people better.

And, that's okay. 

I just imagine perhaps DE is more interested in making each Warframe fun and exciting for everyone---or at least to the point where they don't have to see more than 60% of the community say they're trash, and won't even give them a chance.

Edited by Hauteclere

I rather enjoy my mag, though I do agree that bullet attractor should target weak points. Pull is really fun to use, does stun/prone briefly, and useful against those shield carrying peoples or in the incidence of pulling a friend out of being surrounded. I will admit I do wish shield polarize had a little more kick to it, but all in all I do like Mag.

Still have yet to hear any actual objective reasons why Rhino is bad.

-Plenty of higher tier frames have skills far more useless than Iron Skin(Silence? Super Jump? etc)

-Stomp second best CC in game(objectively), and debatably the best(4x larger than Bastille and does damage)

-Better Slash Dash(more damage and CC attached in exchange for negligable range loss)

-Highest CC in the game(all 4 skills CC)

All I'm hearing is "Iron skin isn't as good as it was, 0/10 frame"

Seems everyone is just salty that he got nerfed, and are convinced nerf = useless.

-Plenty of higher tier frames have skills far more useless than Iron Skin(Silence? Super Jump? etc)

-Stomp second best CC in game(objectively), and debatably the best(4x larger than Bastille and does damage)

-Better Slash Dash(more damage and CC attached in exchange for negligable range loss)

Seems everyone is just salty that he got nerfed, and are convinced nerf = useless.

I just hopped in here to say your name is win (Earthbound was the first RPG I ever played, and I played it into the ground).

Because I feel odd not being at least semi on topic: I think the salt in so many people's wounds is that Rhino used to be the best tank. Now Ember, Trinity, and Frost are all better at tanking without question. They removed Iron Skin's invulnerability, then buffed Overheat to the point it might as well be pre-nerf Iron Skin. It's like watching someone take your toy away, and give it to someone else right in front of you. CC was never the predominant play style of Rhino, yet now it's nearly all he has. It's fairly awkward, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, hopping back out of this discussion now. Quite a few adamant people with far stronger feelings towards this than I have, but I couldn't resist commenting when I saw your name <_<

I would rank Trinity as high tier personally. If played and modded properly she can make a team nearly invulnerable.

Someone get knocked down? No problem, cast link and he'll be back up in no time.

See that one of your buddies HP is slowly dwindling? Start casting Blessing and everyone will be perfectly fine.

See that Grinneer heavy gunner over there? Toss an Energy vampire her way and you can double the energy you put into casting it! Even your team-mates can thank you for the extra energy!

Not trying to say Trinity is OP. As a Warframe with no offensive abilities, i'd say she's pretty balanced and I truly love playing as her as the invincible goddess she is. Even if her first ability is nearly useless.

-Iron skin

Doesn't work on areas above level 45.  

You still can be staggered by even certain enemies.

At high levels, Iron skin is no longer a function tanking tool, but a shield regen that goes down faster than it de-aggro the enemy. It is not bad if you are dodging around, but you can do that by Charging twice.... But you are not tanking.

Frost = Frost Globe works irregardless of levels. Benefits all team mates and it is also a functional debuff against certain enemies as it slows them to a crawl, good if you like melee frost or sitting in one spot shooting stuff at leisure.

Trinity = Link does the job in protection better (if teammates got a brain)

Ember = Functional tank (91% DR but requires good mods) with good up time, cannot be disrupted and a extra 200 dps against infested and still serving as a an aggro tool (at near melee ranges).

A 1k damage shot will only deal 90 damage to Ember's shields, Iron skin with maxed focus will take 1000 out of 1040 shield.

A 2nd 1k shot will only deal 90 damage to Ember's shields for a total of just 180 damage.

A 2nd 1k shot will deal 40 - 1000 = 960 shield damage to Rhino, enough to totally obliterate his shields unless you got a 440% shield mod on. 

Hyena which is not even a mid level boss btw, does 800 to 900 damage with it's missiles if they hit. 

Now you can argue you won't be standing there for the missiles to hit, but Ember is infinitely more agile than Rhino and she won't aggro like him.

Also, Super Jump is also a CC immune escape. You cannot be interrupted in a super jump.

Comboed with slash dash, you can head shot for 1K damage or just move hella far...... For 35 energy and Excal can easily avoid a fight that would need 50 energy for Iron skin.

Rhino Stomp

Cost 100 energy.

Is still bugged (Enemies who enter after stomp is cast not affected at random, enemies not lifted up as well)

Damage is nothing fancy.  

Definitely not 3x Bastille's range.

Duration is 9 seconds.

Bastille holds for full 15 seconds AND affect enemies even if they are not in the initial AOE when casted.

This is the biggest deal, because any enemy that happens to walk in are sucked in as well.

If you put Vortex in the picture, it gets even sillier. Greater damage, last longer than Stomp still (13 seconds), gathers everyone (including loot) into a sweet spot so we can put an Ogris rocket onto it.

Rhino Charge = Better slash dash ?

Lol no.

Shorter range.

CC is still bugged and the knock down isn't reliable.

Damage is debatable but the longer range of SD means more enemies slashed and more damage.

Slash dash does 1.5k damage against Light infested and MoAs which are the most of the enemies you are facing.

- Highest CC in the game ?

There are NO cool downs in this game. You will only spam the most energy efficient one.

Radial blast and Rhino Charge knocks down for 2 seconds which is uhm nothing, i consider them a damage skill.

Iron skin is effectively early on, but as mobs scale higher and higher it becomes a death trap, no frame has that.

Rhino stomp can even be overshadowed by Radial Blind which is a very weak CC.

Consider this stomp cost 100 energy. A base Rhino can only cast this once.

Radial blind can blind corpus and infested for 12 seconds PER CAST and is only 6 meters shorter than a maxed Rhino Stomp.

And it is only 50 energy. A naked Excalibur can cast this 3 times for 36 seconds if timed right, he might even drag the CC effect till 40 seconds because enemies usually need a second or 2 longer to get their bearings fully back. 

A team that is half a sleep can kill everything by then.

Vauban will do it even better since targets floating in the sky can be shot down even easier and more importantly longer than Stomp. And retards who walk in will join the party too.

Edited by fatpig84