The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of basic storytelling errors

MordaxPraetorian

8 hours ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

A lot of issues come from the fact that events are supposed to be turned into quests. Developers already talked about it. But it takes ages. Shadow debt quest, gradivus dilemma quest, all currently missing, hence plot holes.

All of this being Part of the reason DE should have learned that toward a Dark Souls style approach to story. Snippets here and there. Lots of environmental story telling, quotes on gear and items.

If I want scenes and exposition, I have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Tell me the story WHILE I play, not after. Otherwise, why play? Why not just watch the cut scenes on YouTube and call it a day?

Everything you said was true but isn't it too late to make players meet stalker early ? I mean the main storyline doesn't have an early meeting with him and that will be a problem cuz if they did that they will have to change another things in the storyline. another thing I want to add is the storyline is very short and 50% of the quest are irrelevant to the main story like "a man of a few words" its nice but why combining the main storyline with side quests ? shouldn't it be like that ? > campaign / side quests / mission.

I will add some thing about the mission system later.

On 6/27/2016 at 10:50 PM, DrBorris said:

-timeline pic-

Shouldn't Mutalist Alad V be linked to the Second Dream? He still has infested $#!t on his face, so Patient Zero must have already happened.

"Stolen Dreams" would probably be a branch from "The Archwing", considering that the Europa tile set basically is wreckage from fights with Balor Fomorians and the first "Stolen Dreams" mission happens there.

"Ties that Bind" (Introduction of the Hyena Pack) and "Suspicious Shipments" (Foreshadowing of Mutalist Infested) would probably happen around the same time, after "False Profit", meaning that "Breeding Grounds" and with that the whole Mutalist storyline would happen after "Tethra's Doom".

"The Archwing" also has Hek refer to Fomorians destroyed by the Tenno, therefor it most likely is after "Slingstone" at the very least, probably even after Tethra, with /"Cryotic Front"/"Gatecrash" during the latter.

Since "A man of Few Words" occurs in the underwater laboratories, it's most likely that it happens after "Tubemen of Regor".

"Jordas Precept" also possibly after Tubemen of Regor, since the Black Seed has been noted to have stolen the Juggernaut-Spores from Alads laboratories, though it could have happened while he still was infested.

Edited by Reaar

• 2 weeks later...
On 26.06.2016 at 0:08 PM, MordaxPraetorian said:

We were unable to get into the same relay as our friends, even when travelling in a party together. Explaining to them how to access the upper level of the relay took us an age because the lifts don't look like lifts, and blend into the scenery so well that explaining where they are is very difficult. It also took me quite a while to find this part of the relay after it was introduced.

I had problems with that as well, when helping new players. In my case it was showing (or rather explaining as the case is) where they can train MR tests.

Anyway, this is a fantastic post, pointing out serious problems in story progression in Warframe. Wikipedia is what got my husband and me through it.