Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Simulor — I feel like I'm gonna break this thing

DEATHLOK

Question

The subtitle should be "How the hell do I use this thing?" Because that's all I really want to know. My head's not wrapping around this one so fast.

I understand Vauban's fourth power, Vortex, and even how it's used with a Fast Nova. Very cool stuff.

I understand this weapon is often used with Mirage, who casts armed duplicates of herself, thanks to her first power. This allows one shot to count as five, from what I am told.

I thought this was some sort of mid-air mine layer, but that doesn't seem right. I've heard to aim head-high, to improve criticals. I figured out that the ALT fire detonates the singularities for AoE damage, though I'm not sure how well this works or how to maximize the effect.

I see the range is minimal. Snail mail flight speed. You can fire several rounds; if they are close enough, they will combine. And float there. Enemy globes just push them out of the way. I'm not even sure the weapon affects them much.

Basically, I'm looking for someone with the time to explain how this weapon works, how to best use it—not just tell me how awesome it is. The awesome part I understand, already, from YouTube.

If you have a moment, I'd appreciate it!

17 answers to this question

build the stacks and hold a tactical point on the map and keep the vortex pulsing for max damage. if surrounded by a mob bounce on the floor to get a vortex above your frame's head and clear the  area.

the pulse when a new  shot hits the vortex does all the damage don't rely on the vortex to act as strongly ( vacuum) like Vauban's. the pulse is the damage so keep adding to the vortex.

its more of a stationary type gun than a high mobility weapon.

Edited by ranks21

Well man,to put it short: All you have to do is fire at least 2 orbs and they will combine-> thats the moment when you deal the most damage out of your orbs.

Using your alt fire isnt really necessary,because it wont deal much damage and the only reason you should do it is when,for example,the mini vortex picks up something and you can't grab it :)

That being said,I was told to aim at the head or,in general,to aim high with this weapon yea..that way the damage should be higher!

Well,looks like only 1 thing is left,so here's my build,you can eventually try it out or just look at it :p

Heavy cal-Serration-Infected Clip-Stormbringer-Hellfire or the Ice mod- vital sense- point strike- vile acceleration

53 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

I understand this weapon is often used with Mirage, who casts armed duplicates of herself, thanks to her first power. This allows one shot to count as five, from what I am told.

Only 2 clones shoot, therefore you shoot 3 bullets instead of one.

How the weapon works :

• Press M1, it fires a ball that'll go forward and stop after reaching 12m
  • When balls are close enough, they'll attract each other and then merge
  • When balls merge, they deal damage in an area (magnetic)
  • When enough balls merged (5 for the simulor, 4 for the sinoid simulor) it'll create a vortex, attracting dead body parts and loot and dealing damage in an area each second
  • When pressing M3 (or whatever key you have for secondary fire) all vortex/balls will explode, dealing damage around them and proccing AOE electricity

The main damage output come from balls merging.

Simulor and Synoid Simulor fire a gravitational projectile that flies a certain distance based on its projectile speed (alterable with mods), and then stops and hovers.

One shot, alone, does nothing but waste ammo.

Firing two projectiles in close proximity to one another will cause them to merge into a single projectile, and in the process they will emit AoE damage equal to the amount listed on the weapon's card upon all enemies within the radius of effect.  This AoE can stagger some enemies briefly, similar to an Impact proc.

When three or more projectiles have merged, the resulting projectile becomes a gravitational singularity that inflicts steady DoT damage upon all victims within its raidus.  It will also pick up health orbs, energy orbs, ammo drops, and mods that fall within its radius and drag them to the center of its effect, allowing for convenient collecting.  The gravitational singularity can still have more projectiles fired into it to produce AoE blasts.

Enemies killed by the Simulor/Synoid Simulor disintegrate; this is important as allied Nekros cannot make use of disintegrated bodies.

Multishot mods will typically cause the multiple Simulor projectiles to merge immediately upon being fired, producing an immediate AoE blast, but also reducing the range at which you can fire.

The Simulor weapons are excellent for area-denial, particularly against Corpus targets due to their innate Magnetic damage.  Mirage, in particular, is noteworthy for her ability to fire three times as many Simulor projectiles as normal using her Hall of Mirrors ability.  This, in turn, lets her blanket an area in singularities, dealing vastly enhanced damage and crowd control.

The weaknesses of the Simulor are its limited range, requirement of multiple shots, and the fact that the shots travel slower than you do.  It's great for defending a static position against enemies willing to get up close and personal with you, but not so great when enemies are fighting you from a distance.  It absolutely cannot win a sniper war.  It's not terribly ammo efficient, especially against solitary targets, but the Synoid variation has a fairly deep ammo bank in practice.

3 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

Thanks, everyone. Too bad not one person could mention any of this in those fancy YouTube videos.

Fancy YouTube videos typically work under the assumption you have played with the weapon (or seen someone else use it) enough that you don't need that type of hand holding. If you Draco instead of taking the gun out for a few runs while leveling it, that is probably why you didn't understand the gun. If you don't, I'm not quite sure what excuse you can use, sorry.

5 hours ago, (PS4)gggglllaaadddeea said:

Honestly, back when I was shoving formas into that gun, I didn't even have to use mods to wreck enemies. But throw on a little bit of corrosive and a split chamber- serration - heavy cal and you'll be good to go.

I heard Split Chamber didn't work with this gun for some reason, that it actually reduced damage in-game, if not on the loadout page. I'll have to look at that information again. Thanks.

3 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

I heard Split Chamber didn't work with this gun for some reason, that it actually reduced damage in-game, if not on the loadout page. I'll have to look at that information again. Thanks.

Everything I have read says otherwise, basically it stacks faster. It has also been called a situational "mod" as often once you get it rolling, there is no need for the extra shot. Once the vortex is capped it stays capped no matter how much you shoot into it. If you are just firing at a particular area constantly it is a "wasted" mod slot as all it does is help you get the cap faster and you can get pretty much the same effect with RoF mods. If you are firing at multiple locations it can be considered more effective as you hit the cap faster with the double shots.

Think about it this way...the moon and the Earth don't are locked in orbit, and cause each other no harm. But if the moon smashes into the Earth, bad things happen. The balls operate on a similar system.

Ball+Ball=explosion with damage

Enough Balls=enough mass for a micro black hole

Also, no need for headshot aiming, the AoE autoprocs headshot damage iirc

Edited by ArchangelusAlpharius