The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Prime's Shoulder Tentacles Should Not Be Moving On Their Own

owendawgx

They should be able to move, but not constantly on their own with no impetus whatsoever for the following reasons:

1. It's distracting.

2. It doesn't make any sense. Since there is no part of a warframe that is alive AND, as our Operator reminds us, infested CANNOT combine with a warframe (it contradicts the lore that you set up, that should be enough reason in itself).

3. It causes severe clipping issues with certain syandanas and (more notably) her helmet.

4. It's disgusting (imo)

5. They cause clipping issues with THEMSELVES. As in their motion causes them to clip through each other and look like a total mess.

Edited by owendawgx

23 hours ago, owendawgx said:

2. It doesn't make any sense. Since there is no part of a warframe that is alive AND, as our Operator reminds us, infested CANNOT combine with a warframe (it contradicts the lore that you set up, that should be enough reason in itself).

You and I know different versions of the lore, then.

I like the tentacles as they are, maybe apart from the fact that they still are attached to the wrong bones and clip through the head all the time.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 4:45 PM, owendawgx said:

They should be able to move, but not constantly on their own with no impetus whatsoever for the following reasons:

1. It's distracting.

3. It causes severe clipping issues with certain syandanas and (more notably) her helmet.

4. It's disgusting (imo)

5. They cause clipping issues with THEMSELVES. As in their motion causes them to clip through each other and look like a total mess.

1. You seem to distract rather easily then. So...play as regular Saryn perhaps? Problem solved really.

2. I hate to break it to you but Warframes are partly organic...Some more than others. Also, they do "bleed" you know. On a side note to this point...I don't think you've done the Second Dream quest. If you had, I doubt you'd make that observation - and I'll leave it at that just in case.

3. That's something that's fixable...and probably should be fixed then.

4. Well I think it's cool as hek. I think Saryn Prime's design is a MASSIVE improvement over regular Saryn: Wiggly bits and all! But hey...just my opinion.

5. See #3.

All that said, I get where you're coming from. You don't like certain things about Saryn Prime visually and that's perfectly valid. For instance, I think Chroma is just an awful, hideous design and I refuse to touch it for that reason. But other people think Chroma is too cool for words. And you know what? That's perfectly fine too and I don't expect the devs to redesign Chroma to make him more appealing to me. They obviously like his design, it's their game to do with as they see fit. Who am I to argue or demand change? Besides, I've got at least 12 other cool looking 'Frames in my arsenal I can play with, so I'm good.

That's the nice thing about Warframe...you don't have to run certain 'Frames if you don't want to. There's no obligation for me to finish building Chroma and use it as I've completed the quest already - and that I did to gain insight into Warframe's lore and continue the story.

In agreement with all prior reply's, another notable solution would be to use her deluxe skin (possible w/ a helmet swap) if you still want to use her prime version.  Otherwise, just as MirageKnight suggested, you can always go back to her regular version.

Regarding clipping, one can complain that it's present on each and every frame for that matter. From a dev's standpoint, it's certainly not an easy issue to resolve/perfect.  Especially when it comes to the modular design of interchanging/swapping hundreds of different weapon, armor and accessory assets to make them visually present and functional on every warframe.   The only way to avoid clipping is to have a more "static" character with accompanying gear which is designed to fit exclusively to that character; therefore, the modeling placement, animations, physics and collision boxes can be fine-tuned with minimal clipping. In most games it's unavoidable due to the constraints of real-time engines and hardware.

I'd suggest not to get caught up on the small details and appreciate the fact that Warframe allows you tons of alternate options so that you're never stuck with what you think is unpleasing.

Edited by Droops24