Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why is the Nikana praised?

BaconOnARock

11 minutes ago, DragonSkllzz_of_OG said:

(in general a katana for a ninja still feels off to me, it's not as conducive to stealth)

Actually it was more so.  The idea was to blend in with everyone else.  Carrying a ninja-to would stand out more so than a katana or a simple "garden tool" would.  Same with the so called traditional ninja outfit.  The truth is that most of how we perceive them now is a direct result of great propaganda they intentionally spread to disrupt their enemies.   They were really masters of spying and guerrilla warfare.   

Sorry for the off-topic discussion OP.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne
correction

18 hours ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Apart from the stats and the fact it's a katana, have you seen those animations? Fighting with a Nikana looks glorious! Warframe has some pretty awesome melee animations, but the Nikana is a class of its own. While lots of people may only care if a weapon kills things dead hard and fast, very few of them make it look as incredible as the Nikana does.

That's pretty much my reason. You look badass carrying it. You look badass fighting with it. And anything that looks at you funny dies.

8 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

"Ninja-to" was invented for Leonardo from TMNT to wield. Holy hell.

On topic, Nikanas are good. There are better weapons, but Nikanas are good.

LOL.  I recently looked it up to double check the history of it.  It does seem to be a recent 20th century addition to the shinobi lore.  So recently added that your comment is very close to the truth.  LOL

On 6/28/2016 at 2:16 AM, Lord_Azrael said:

Even with the shadow debt mods, people still ignore the atterax. Which is amazing, since it's one of the best melee weapons in the game, and easily outscores all the meta "top-tier" melee weapons. People who spend their time on WF builder make me laugh.

Thanks to these quotes, I tried the Atterax.  It's a underrated beast.  It's still not going to replace my Nikana P (Style/Fashion Frame reasons), but it's a damn good weapon.  Thanks for the heads up, Tenno.  

39 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Thanks to these quotes, I tried the Atterax.  It's a underrated beast.  It's still not going to replace my Nikana P (Style/Fashion Frame reasons), but it's a damn good weapon.  Thanks for the heads up, Tenno.  

You're very welcome. I anyways try to spread the atterax gospel wherever I can. It's really the range and crit multiplier that makes it. Give it a maxed prime reach and get it into the red crit zone and it'll slaughter entire groups with one slide attack...  :)