Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex Prime Endgame Build

D4K4R

Question

Hello! I finished my 4 forma build for Lex Prime and wanted to know if it can be made better by the comunity. I can take down lv105 corrupted heavy gunners in 5-6 shots, so deffinetly can support my primary in 1h T4 Surv. Here it is:

Hornet Strike r10

Barrel Diffusion

Lethal Trorrent

Primed pistol gambit r8

Primed target cracker r8

Pathogen Rounds

Convulsion

Hydraulic Chrosshairs (i always aim for headshots and this gives me 97% crit chance on headshot with primed pistol gambit)

On paper, this is the build which will deal the most balanced dmg, and still strong.

I am up for objections. Thank you!

14 answers to this question

Personal preference but I use Sharpened Bullets instead of Hydraulic Crosshairs. Sure it will crit slightly less but the shots that it does will do a ton of damage. For a utility option Ice Storm will give you an 11 bullet clip.

Edited by Zilchy

Looks fine to me.

I disagree with Zilchy. If we were talking about a bullet hose or something with a huge mag I might fish for bigger crits, but with only eight shots on a 2.3 reload I would definitely keep the 97%+ crit rate. (Just an opinion. Not trying to start anything Zilchy. >.<)

If you run in a 4xCP group and swap to Viral you might consider trying two 60/60's to make the viral. It's less damage than two 90's but you can afford it when their armor is stripped and that'd put you at 89% proc rate. I have not used it myself but I would expect it to have much better potential to kill in one or two shots. I wouldn't do that for Corrosive though. One corrosive proc vs fully armored high level enemies isn't worth as much as one Viral proc vs unarmored enemies.

28 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

Replace Corrosion with Viral. Better mileage for a weapon designed to kill things in 8 shots or less.

If you want to go for endless scaling, Corrosive is better. Doesn't matter if hp is cut in half, if you can't shoot through a billion armor.

2 minutes ago, Klazik said:

If you want to go for endless scaling, Corrosive is better. Doesn't matter if hp is cut in half, if you can't shoot through a billion armor.

34 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

Replace Corrosion with Viral. Better mileage for a weapon designed to kill things in 8 shots or less.

This is why I chose corrosive. I tried with viral in simulacrum (with both 2x 90% and 2x dmg/status) and done way less dmg to corrupted heavy gunners and bombards.

7 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Looks fine to me.

I disagree with Zilchy. If we were talking about a bullet hose or something with a huge mag I might fish for bigger crits, but with only eight shots on a 2.3 reload I would definitely keep the 97%+ crit rate. (Just an opinion. Not trying to start anything Zilchy. >.<)

If you run in a 4xCP group and swap to Viral you might consider trying two 60/60's to make the viral. It's less damage than two 90's but you can afford it when their armor is stripped and that'd put you at 89% proc rate. I have not used it myself but I would expect it to have much better potential to kill in one or two shots. I wouldn't do that for Corrosive though. One corrosive proc vs fully armored high level enemies isn't worth as much as one Viral proc vs unarmored enemies.

Yep, hydraulic over sharpened for me too. RNG kinda hates me and i would get higher chance than dmg :)).

In 4x CP deffinetly viral with status, but I'm more of a lone wolf type. I solo t4 surv especially :D

9 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Looks fine to me.

All good, as I said personal preference :) Lex prime is a great gun, he has all the main mods in there, it's up to the individual on what they want to use it for. It does seem to crit pretty often though, assuming you can consistently headshot.

Edited by Zilchy

It is worth taking viral if you plan on bringing armor stripping abilities or 4x Corrosive projections. Then viral becomes much more viable.

I use quite similar build with the exception of Gidraulic crosshairs since i use this Lex P with Mesa and it does not trigger with Peacemakers. I've just replaced it with dual element mod to get a bit more damage.

Edited by Grayscale_Lord

Against Grineer I like to use Bore instead of Hydraulic Crosshairs, because it gives a bit more damage than an elemental mod and is more consistent than acolyte mods. If you have the buff constantly, Bore is gonna be a slight downgrade, but without the buff you'll do a lot more damage.

Also, if I already have Bore, I like to switch to Radiation, because Puncture is already quite good against ferrite armor and you can take advantage of that Primed Heated Charge.

Just my opinion though.

49 minutes ago, Klazik said:

If you're going to run into endless scaling to the point your weapons are turned into glorified nerfguns (I.E: Past 1 hour); your group will likely be scaling 100% CorProj that removes armor anyway, removing the need for corrosive procs.

Besides, the Lex can't strip armor fast enough with an 8-round magazine and 3 second reload time, and considering he's using a build similar to mine; the status chance is around 55%. You're better off cutting the enemy's HP in half and unloading all your rounds onto his head than trying to strip the armor off. Double besides; armored enemies aren't your only problems in end-game.

Edited by Alma_Elma

Lex Prime does obscene amounts of damage, enough that, personally, I'm quite comfortable giving up a little damage for a utility mod. My personal preference is to slap punchthrough on it, but reload would definitely make the weapon a little more user friendly. That last mod slot really does come down to personal preference. 

3 hours ago, Alma_Elma said:

If you're going to run into endless scaling to the point your weapons are turned into glorified nerfguns (I.E: Past 1 hour); your group will likely be scaling 100% CorProj that removes armor anyway, removing the need for corrosive procs.

Besides, the Lex can't strip armor fast enough with an 8-round magazine and 3 second reload time, and considering he's using a build similar to mine; the status chance is around 55%. You're better off cutting the enemy's HP in half and unloading all your rounds onto his head than trying to strip the armor off. Double besides; armored enemies aren't your only problems in end-game.

True true. All depends on wether you're in a Group or not. But I completely agree, that Viral is better if you got a team for CP.