Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newbie looking for suggestions!

(XBOX)ToxicGreenGekko

Question

Okay so i'm not 100% new ive played alot on pc a good while back but now im on xbox one with some friends....lots of new stuff...now I would like some opinions on what primary, secondary and melee weapon i should use for maximum survivability and dmg. I am a lvl 30 excalibur working on getting Ember, mastery rank 2 halfway to 3. I love the Mk1 braton but everywhere i look people say to upgrade BUT no one seems to say anything about the 15 less magizine OR the 12.4 dip in accuracy the Mk1 braton has 40acc while the braton only has 28.6acc....is it worth sacrificing acc which it accomplishes more hits causing more dmg, over less hits, higher dmg but less dmg due to missed shots?

P.S me and friends are working on getting tenno lab and energy lab 

5 answers to this question

28 accuracy doesn't mean 72% of your shots will miss at medium-and-beyond range or anything, no worries.

Really, 28 is very very nearly just as good as 100, accuracy is one of the more wonky stats in Warframe
(lol e.g. Heavy Caliber on Torid), your best bet is to test out a weapon than to purely go by stats.

As for below-MR4 (dat Ignis tho) weapon suggestions, some favorites that can last you for quite a while beyond that:

Braton Prime (Karak is also a decent upgrade to Braton but has an advanced version in Karak Wraith)
Dread
Kohm
Zhuge

Akmagnus
Furis with Augment
Kohmak
Lex Prime
Sonicor
Twin Grakatas (though you'll need some Primed Mods to get the most out of these)

TBH I haven't diversified in terms of Melee a whole lot, against Infested I do like a Heavy Blade now and then
(Cleaving Whirlwind on Galatine / Scindo Prime / War FTW), Staves aren't too shabby (yay Amphis / Bo Prime / Tipedo)
and Redeemer (MR4, alas) is stupid fun but Orthos Prime is just the king, dat range is just too good to pass up in general use.

Edited by NinjaZeku

The main weapons I suggest to lower mastery ranks are the Latron (Semi automatic accurate rifle), Boltor (Less accuraty but stronger assault rifle. Has the entertaining effect of pinning enemy bodies to walls ^_^) or Paris (Basic bow and arrow) for primary, Lex (Fun Handcannon/sniper pistol) or Bolto (Sidearm equivalent of Boltor) for secondary. I don't remember all the mastery requirements for melee so I can't a good recommendation there. 

There are several very powerful weapons that suit most situations, like the Tonkor, but it's important to know that what weapon you use is only as good as how you mod it and what you are fighting. Sometimes it works out better to focus on a weapon that feels right over one that has a bigger punch.