Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need some advice regarding mods

Valionus

Question

Hi guys,

Is it better or more efficient to save-up all the fusion cores i obtain early on for later more desirable mods and just use duplicates to level up my current mods? 

This wouldn't be a issue with common/uncommon mods but more so with rare mods that i have, will it be better to fuse two duplicate rare unranked mods or should i use fusion cores?

For a specific example should i fuse my duplicate unranked volcanic edge for a more efficient leveling or use fusion cores? As per trading don't really need the plat and i'm more about efficiency than anything else.

Thanks in advance

10 answers to this question

use duplicates to max common/ uncommon mods, mods like vitality drop a lot, so you can use get the mod to R9 at least, then you use cores to get them to R10. it's best to save all your rare cores to max the R10 rare mods

as for rare mods with only 3 or 5 ranks, I suggest you use mods that have the same polarity, or just use common/uncommon cores to max them 

Like most have said, use common/uncommon duplicates to level your mods first. Its a little more expensive(credit cost) this way, but itll prevent you from fusing away a really nice rare mod by accident. Some duplicate rares can be traded for platinum or rares you dont have yet, which is a better alternative to just feeding the bottomless pit of mod fusion.

Good luck Tenno!

55 minutes ago, Valionus said:

Is it better or more efficient to save-up all the fusion cores i obtain early on for later more desirable mods and just use duplicates to level up my current mods? 

Yes, exactly.

But don't starve yourself. If you really want to level mod X and despite it being common or uncommon, if it's not dropping for you, go ahead and sink cores into it. Everything drops repeatedly over a long enough timeframe - cores too. 

I was ~120 hrs into Warframe before I recieved my first Serration drop. It was painful. But, there are other weapons... and it finally dropped for me.

56 minutes ago, AutoPhox said:

Like most have said, use common/uncommon duplicates to level your mods first. Its a little more expensive(credit cost) this way, but itll prevent you from fusing away a really nice rare mod by accident. Some duplicate rares can be traded for platinum or rares you dont have yet, which is a better alternative to just feeding the bottomless pit of mod fusion.

Good luck Tenno!

I'l keep that in mind the next time i get a duplicate rare, but for now i'm not really interested in trading plus i really wanted to level my volcanic edge to rank 1 and i had no spare common/uncommon mods as i tend to transmute them as i get them but i am aware from reading other threads that there are really desirable rare mods out there and those i'l keep a very sharp eye out for and hoard them(yes i like hoarding lol) 

Thanks again for everything!

From the wiki.. just know the facts and make your own choice...

This will be the amount of energy that actually goes into the mod you are ranking.

• Fusing a duplicate - 100% (1 duplicate required to reach level 1)
  • Fusing of matching polarity or fusion core - 50% (2 matching polarity Mods to reach level 1)
  • Fusing unrelated - 25% (4 unrelated Mods to reach level 1)

1 hour ago, starsrift said:

I was ~120 hrs into Warframe before I recieved my first Serration drop. It was painful. But, there are other weapons... and it finally dropped for me.

Serration and Hornet Strike are easily obtainable in the early game as mission rewards, primarily Spy and Excavation.  Unfortunately, there is little way for the new players that need to know that to actually know it.  DE being all secretive about the drop tables has so many problems.  The wiki being insanely out of date doesn't help. 

Don't stress about saving up your cores right now for long-term investments. At higher levels, a couple of runs on Triton or Hieracon will net you tons more fusion cores than the amount you most likely have with you now, so you shouldn't worry about saving them up. As a new player, you probably have some of the most important mods with you in the game; Serration, Vitality, Hornet strike, etc. Trust me, these are probably much more "desirable" to max than any other mod in the game. Focus on upgrading those. And if you really have a lot of duplicates just laying around, I'd recommend selling those for credits, as you'll need as much as you can and haven't unlocked some of the more efficient credit farming nodes.

Edited by (PS4)ChiefStevy