Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I know this game is co op but can we also balance it for when you are soloing?

Telzen

Soloing it right now is just too tedious and hard. The amount of enemies that you have to take down by yourself is just ridiculous. Especially on infested levels where you get 4 ancients rushing you at the same time. Hell I did a mission yesterday and even with avoiding combat I ended up killing 119 enemies in it.

Yeah, I feel you. I do think the game should be optimized for co-op not solo, as that is how it is designed. That said, if I go into the solo queue, it would be nice for the enemy count to be toned down slightly or at least make them stop spawning behind me so that it is impossible to find cover X_X

Solo is absolutley fine, even pluto and my mods aren't that great.

The problem is that certain frames aren't balanced for Solo play. Exclaibur is perfect as it's 1 power can clear Ancients and heavies and get you out of tourble, super jump can help escape/move to targets faster, and both radials are excellent panic buttons.

The actualy difficulty of solo is fine, in fact, it's probably a little too easy right now.

Expect the fact that you can try a different warframe that would make things easyer (aka Loki, Rhino) I wan't to remind you that this is a co-op game.

Yeah I know its a co op game but a lot of people like to solo. And its not even possible to always find a group. I kept looking for people to play with yesterday and there was never anyone doing the missions I needed to do.

There is nothing wrong with solo its co op game anyways. If your having trouble soloing a place get a new warframe since they all have their advatages against certain enemies and situations.

There's no reason someone who is soloing should have to fight the same amount of enemies as a group of 4 has to fight. How am I supposed to take out so many ancient infested when they all rush me at the same time and take so many hit to take out? Especially if they are the disruptor type that seems to drain all your energy to zero. Edited by Telzen

Yeah I know its a co op game but a lot of people like to solo. And its not even possible to always find a group. I kept looking for people to play with yesterday and there was never anyone doing the missions I needed to do.

Well if you try loki you will find out that his melee attacks always crit when in stealth.

If you use Frago you can easily dispose of enemies.

Or you could join a Clan.

Like dexter said join a clan if you cant find groups for missions you need and if you just want to solo practice on easier maps first because ALL of the maps can be soloed. It is of course going to always be harder to solo this game its meant to be co op played and if they nerf down missions for solo play then co op play is going to be way to easy.

I just think making it a little easier to solo can only help the game and make it inviting to more players. Hell I wouldn't even mind if it was a check box you could tick that reduced the amount of enemies but then also reduced the mission rewards. At least then I could get the missions cleared and unlock more of the levels.

and if they nerf down missions for solo play then co op play is going to be way to easy.

How so? All they have to do is scale it depending on how many players are in the mission. Games have been doing this forever. There is no downside to this. You could solo when you want and group when you want. Edited by Telzen

This is bullS#&$ the game is not THAT HARD as you are trying to point out. Try and engage things in a other way.

and have a second look on your equipment

what would be so fun if you never died and where only facerolling everything. And we already faceroll the game 90% of the time

This is bullS#&$ the game is not THAT HARD as you are trying to point out. Try and engage things in a other way.

and have a second look on your equipment

what would be so fun if you never died and where only facerolling everything. And we already faceroll the game 90% of the time

I don't want to faceroll anything. I'm just tired of having to take out a hundred enemies in each mission by myself. They can scale down the amount of enemies in solo and its not going to hurt you. Maybe its possible to faceroll in solo once you get crazy mods, but it definitly isn't ealry on.

I exclusively play solo and I think the solo difficulty is fine for the most part. I quite like the challenge it brings.

Bosses take some strategy and possibly consumables to take on. The only thing I couldn't do was the The Jackal for the Rifle Amp the other day. And that's mainly due to my lack of good mods as I haven't really done high level things yet. (Focusing on getting new frames atm). As well as not realizing ammo boxes would be useful.

That said, this doesn't mean there aren't issues with solo play. Due to the randomized nature of the game you can really get into nasty spots. I've had instances where three heavies spawned in a single room. Or getting a fresh spawn of enemies behind you when you just enter a room full of enemies. As well as 3-4 shockwave moas at the same time in smaller rooms. And the thing people seem to complain about the most, the massive spawns of ancients.

The ancients are little more than a nuisance though. You can kite them, try to single them out and pick them off one at a time like that or get on top of something where they can't hit you.

Only thing I'd want changed are the bosses that are bullet sponges. And I believe that is being worked on :)

Then again, in most cases I kill everything that moves. I realize that others may not enjoy doing so.

Edited by KuroiMajutsushi

I solo a lot.

Initailly the game seems a bit too hard.

The stock frame and weapons you have a bit weak compared to the enemies you face.

but after you build yourself up a little the difficulty hits the right place.

Some of the bosses HP can be riduculous though.

Edited by Ronyn

knapp01.png

I'm not current with my 4chan memes, so I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not. If there's a mission where you're not just clowning enemies at a brutal pace in coop, I haven't run across it yet. Solo is probably a little too rough at lower levels, but it gets easier pretty quickly.

Edited by Sealgaire

Honest, coop with anyone who has an unlocked frame is a joke. All they do is spam their 4th skill and clear out entire rooms before anyone else do anything. I've given up on trying to have any sort of engaging experience in coop. I just follow behind and try to loot all the containers. Mainly, I coop to farm for components or exp. If I want to have any fun, I switch to solo or private.

The only thing that scales so far is the enemies' level.

In the mission level indicator (ie. 35-55) the first number is the average enemy level when soloing, the second is the average enemy level in a 4-players-party.

Or so I understood, need a confirm on this.

Edited by Noctua

Honest, coop with anyone who has an unlocked frame is a joke. All they do is spam their 4th skill and clear out entire rooms before anyone else do anything. I've given up on trying to have any sort of engaging experience in coop. I just follow behind and try to loot all the containers. Mainly, I coop to farm for components or exp. If I want to have any fun, I switch to solo or private.

Yea I do things like this, me and my buddy normally just play 2 player co-op. The challenege is still there and I get the fun of playing with a friend. Maybe they could add an option for how many people you want to allow into your hosted game.

119? That's nothing, the other day I did a corpus mission (solo) and got over 300 kills.

It seems like a lot to me especially since I had to pick them off from a distance with my lex to not be killed. And the fact that some of the enemies take so many damn headshots to die.

Yeah, I feel you. I do think the game should be optimized for co-op not solo, as that is how it is designed. That said, if I go into the solo queue, it would be nice for the enemy count to be toned down slightly or at least make them stop spawning behind me so that it is impossible to find cover X_X

Also tune down bosses difficulties, the Hyena is the only boss that I couldn't solo, because the shields recharges right when I'm reloading and I can't even damage its health

How am I supposed to take out so many ancient infested when they all rush me at the same time and take so many hit to take out?

Practise.

Level your gear and learn to headshot quicker, or to use your powers to deal with ancients etc... If you're using an underpowered frame like Ash, you'll have a harder time than using Excalibur. These things will need to be balanced at some point, but the problem is wit hthe frames, imo, not the difficulty.

Right now solo Pluto is too easy, imo, you reduce the numbers at all and it'll take the challenge away for many of us.

If you can't handle solo yet, then work in pairs or practise/level until you can.

Edited by Zakalwe