Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Suggestions

Mr.Popo

I posted this in the Warframe Tier thread and it seemed well received:

As someone who has put maybe 30 or 40 hours into Mag, here's what I have to say:

- Crush is good. It has excellent range and does good damage, but once you get to a level that mooks survive, there really isn't much Mag can do except disable them for about 3 seconds. 

- Almost as situational as Pull. The only use I've found for shield polarise is to give a little extra protection to the cryopod. Everything else happens too fast for the other capabilities of this power to be useful. 

- Pull is highly situational at best, and I generally don't equip it. The only enemies it would be safe enough to pull to that range would be more effectively killed by other means. Pulling team mates to safety is a rare opportunity. It can be a bit of fun but utility is minimal. I remember thinking that it would be great to pull enemies into places where they should fall off the map only to have them returned to their original location. 

- Bullet attractor sounds great but can actually reduce the DPS of a competent team as it doesn't direct the bullets against the enemy weakpoint. 

Suggestions:

- Crush should ignore armour and affect things which enter the area afterwards. 

- Pull should be thrown out. Suggestion: Magnetise - Aim at the ground, wall, a friendly or an enemy target and all other enemies in range will be pulled towards it. 

- Bullet attractor should be configured to draw bullets to the enemies weakest point. If Sonar is active, the orange section should become the weakest point. 

- Shield Polarise should drain shields from enemies AND prevent their regeneration for some duration. Shields given to friendly or cryopod should be greatly boosted, perhaps 1000 at maximum. Shield Polarise should also be area of effect, small perhaps, but then it would see great utility. Consider a friendly in the midst of a group of enemies, it would drain the enemies and increase the friendly's shields. Further, it should boost that friendly's shields by the given amount, whether or not it goes above their maximum. Such a temporary buff for friendlies would make this power very interesting and perfectly justifiable given its current cost. It could then self boost ones shields also. 

Edited by Mr.Popo

These suggestions sound good, but I would change two things.

The magnetize power should still knock enemies down as pull does since that part of pull is very important.

Also I would change the part about bullet attractor. The path check for bullets should track collision with mobs first, then bullet attractor second. Example: If the bullet hits the target in any part whether it be the leg, or the head it would ignore bullet attractor. However if it misses the target, but still goes through the range of bullet attractor it will act like bullet atractor now.

It still would be great if we can type Mag in the forum search. No seriously it would.

My full suggestions on Mag here. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/62457-lets-fix-mag-edition/

I've main Mag soo long. I remember back in U5.3 when I could kill enemies by pulling them over the pits. You know that thing that respawns us now? When they made enemies stop dying from that it made her a bit far behind.

Also for good measure here's the larger Mag thread. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/56397-a-look-at-mag-suggested-tweaks-and-noted-observations/