Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Fix: Mag Edition (Updated With 8.3)

BBYipho

Hey that update 8.3 hit! Mag is now... Almost there Kind of very broken with Pull! I'll be cleaning this post and updating to match Mag's newly updated abilities.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE EXTREMELY SHORT POSTS AND POST PICTURES WITH NO ARGUMENTS.
I rather have actual feedback to the ideas, suggestions, and information I've overlooked. Please don't be immature.

Thread has been cleaned and chopped a bit. Removed some negativity I've added in the post. It's not as bad as initial release.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Intro

Hi and Welcome to my thread! A few of Mag's issues have been solved but she still isn't quite there yet. I would love a collection of suggestions on how to improve Mag's abilities further. Please be detailed when describing a function.

Oh! Also I do love to hear feedback. Even if I may not fully agree with you I may eventually come back and make notes on things you've said.

Old Intro

Oh you found this thread. I bet you had to scroll down or something to find this since we can't type "Mag" in the forum search since it's a three letter word. >_>

Guess I'll give an intro or something.

Hello! If you're here you may have or not have felt underwhelmed by Mag's abilities in the current game. What if I told you Mag(and Volt but that's another thread) use to be quite powerful! But balancing done back during those days have kind of left her in the dust. Her abilities hasn't truly scaled with the evolving content. Two abilities too situational, one ability that's suppose to help but makes people make rude comments at you for using... ~Coughs~ Bullet Attractor ~Coughs.~ And finally a Crush that got it's ranged heavily reduced and barely do chip damage to enemies like Heavy Grineer.

I feel we need to modernize this frame, among a few others, to fit with the evolving game. Ember for example got modernized. Look at her now. She correctly RIPS UP ENEMIES! She use to be in the same vote as Mag with the abilities not really functioning ideally or in a way that pleases people.

I plan to make more threads like this the more I decide to force myself to play other frames.

Mag's abilities as of Update 8.3

1. Pull
Positives
• Can be used while jumping now.

• There is no cap on how many enemies pulled.

• With Stretch, Focus, Coil helm Damage is enough to kill most early grunt enemies in one to two Pulls.

• Can manage to control Defense missions using this skill alone with above set up.
Negatives
• Can no longer use it on Teammates.
• The damage increase still doesn't make it compete with other frames.
The skill benefits if you use a heavy melee weapon or a weapon with puncture to mop up.
• The new pull effect doesn't pull shields off Grineer at the same time.

• It uses a new targeting system that uses a form of AoE from target wall or floor.
• Doesn't stun targets long enough for this to be useful on a larger group. Have to jump away.
• Stronger units are going to heavily punish you for pulling them and their squad to you.
• Still can't Pull enemies out of waist high cover.
Final Thoughts?
All negative points aside this skill feels a bit broken at the moment. In the way most of you probably like. Just not what I like. I can now stare at the ground and spam Pull to kill everything in Mobile Defense. So I guess it's fine for everyone who wants every frame to deal damage. I just rather have a utility to pull downed teammates again.

I can pretty much do everyone's job in defense missions with Pull alone... Except in Infested missions. Toxic Ancients.

2. Shield Polarize
Positives
• It's now able to both remove shields from enemies and restore them on allies!
• The new area targeting system works better on this skill then it does on Pull!
• Shield Ospreys still explode! But with much greater ease!
• Can use it on yourself now.
Seems to be % based? The value is confusing. Need to test more to find the average. (On-self with 769 shields I recover 500 shields with focus on.)

• Can fully remove boss shields in two uses.
Negatives
• Doesn't stop certain enemies from regaining shields. (Bosses or Shield Osprey enters area after skill was used.)
• Still does absolutely nothing to enemies without shields.

• Shield Ospreys only get feedback for 1 enemy only. Should do more damage for groups.

• Even it it does remove a boss's shield most bosses start instantly regenerating them (Hyena, Vay Hek) or just instantly regain a huge amount. (Kela De Thaym, Jackal)
Final Thoughts?
Needs that secondary feature or just a solid buff to the healing. I'm still for my first proposal about making it rapid shield recharge and DoT shield only damage. However we'll save explanations for that section. I'll like to mention I don't really hate it as much as I use to.

3. Bullet Attractor
Positives
• There is an AoE damage if the target dies while this debuff is on them. (AoE damage only activates to bullet death?)
• Some projectiles are not effected by Bullet Attractor. This is a good thing because of the negatives.
Negatives
• Radius AoE damage is effected by cover. Even if it looks like it'll hit over those waist high walls it won't.
• This skill negates player's ability to shoot at weak points. Reducing overall DPS.
• This skill can cause an annoyance with shooting enemies behind cover as all bullets are sent to the center of the sphere forcing a hit on the cover the enemy is using instead of the head where you aimed.
• Bug? The current Bullet Attractor bubble is extremely huge.
• If you are inside the Bullet Attractor with the enemy you cannot shoot the enemy with it on while inside the Bullet Attractor. You may die if you don't have a good melee weapon to stay in there too long with enemies.
Final Thoughts?
Seriously the skill sounds like a great idea! However you're forcing all shots entering to be redirected. That's bad for accuracy. This skill should only effect shots leaving the sphere not shots that are entering from the outside. This skill has never really been that useful so far. With the new AoE damage it's still not useful enough to use. That AoE doesn't cover the damage your teammates would have done if they were allowed to shoot the other enemies or the enemies coming from the other room that is being blocked from this skill. Really anti-teamwork here.

4. Crush
Positives
• Ragdolls surviving enemies.
Negatives
• There was only one thing positive to say.
• Cannot ground stab ragdolls when Crush finishes. Wish they were knockdowns instead.
• Only damages initial enemies in range. (Probably need to see if this changed.)
• Long duration.
• Can take damage easily while doing this.
• Damage is heavily modified by Armor. (Umm... Magnets should do more to metal men.)
• Not immune to knock downs while in animation. (Can cause the animation to repeat when you get up.)
Final Thoughts?
She has the common destroy everything Ult that comes naturally with most frames! Before public beta came out this skill had really large range like most ults did back then. However she was nerfed before open beta along with many other ults. This is probably the worst ult currently in the game, for damage anyway. Her ult has two Phases. The Lift and the Crush. Enemies effected by the lift are the only ones effected by the Crush. New enemies running in are unharmed. I think this skill should have a more unique purpose instead of another common AoE kill move. Read suggestions to find what makes this skill more useful as an Ult. The ragdoll effect is nice. Could be better.

Suggestions (By posters of this topic and me.)

1. Pull Suggestions
Before Update 8.3 Suggestions:
• Allow Pull to be used while moving. (Suggest by CheeseThief and Hameln)
Suggestions for Current Update:
• Allow for older version of Pull to work while in Aim mode. Increase range of yanked target while in Aim mode. Be able to rescue teammates.

• Allow Pull to pull full squads out from over cover.

2. Shield Polarize Suggestions
Before Update 8.3 Suggestions:
Allies: Add a recharge function to the skill. Shields will start their recharge at an extreme rate (Like 200%-400%) on allies for 6/9/12/135 seconds without turning off. Meaning even while being shot at their shields are still recharging. Thus giving the skill some more use for the several seconds instead of instant restoring a shield that will just get drained seconds later.
Allies 2: When restoring shields to allies create a 4-5m stun against enemies this making it more useful for helping allies and stop enemies temporarily. (Idea by CheeseThief)
Suggestions for Current Update:
Enemies: Enemies who get their shields completely drain take a shield only DoT damage. Preventing them the ability to recharge shields. This may also prevent them from gaining shields from Shield Osprey doing DoT tick damage for as long the Osprey is trying to feed shields to targets.
Enemies 2: Have half the shield value removed as health damage to the enemy. (Idea by GetAtMeMods) Possibly when shields get fully removed only?

3. Bullet Attractor Suggestions (All suggestions before 8.3 still apply.)
• Have Bullet Attractor target specific points of the body based on where the player aimed. That way instead of center mass where all damage gets reduced, players can instead hit a targeted weak point the Mag had picked. (Thought came from Ystella's post)
• Have bullets only change course and hit the target if it was never going to hit anyway. Increasing effectiveness of aimed shots while the missed shots reacts to Bullet Attractor. (Idea by CheeseThief) I like this actually. Maybe if bullets only get effected while leaving the bubble only? That way bullets are only punished for leaving the sphere instead of entering it.

4. Crush Suggestions
• Make Crush do more damage to larger/armored targets. Make this ability focus more on damaging stronger enemies over weaker ones.
• Change the 1000 damage reducible by enemy armor to 750 damage that is reducible with 250 armor ignoring/absolute damage. For enemy scaling. (Idea by CheeseThief)
• Make Crush have two phases. The first one disabling all enemies in the area of effect like it currently does. Then an area damage that effects the disabled enemies and the enemies running into the Crush zone. She is sending some debris during her Crush animation. It should still hurt. (Idea by Hameln)

Skill Replacements (Now accepting new ideas!)
(Going to re-read the entire thread and put ideas that has enough information.)

4. Crush Replacements
• Make Crush into the first aim-able AoE ult. Have it do massive damage to heavily armored enemies in a line/cone. Damage unaltered by enemy resistances. (Moved here from Suggestions. It fits this section.)

I think I cleaned most of that up pretty well. Anyway welcome back readers from before if you do come back here. Also welcome new readers. I am open to any new ideas to Mag's abilities as long it doesn't become situational. I still really miss Pull on teammates.

I still acknowledge any new skill ideas however I won't add them to the post until DE confirms they will be working on alternate Warframe skills. Still feel free to post them. I will eventually quote and mention issues, conflicting information, or if the ability seem like it's just an alternate to another Frame's ability. I like to polish ideas instead of tossing them out really rough edged.

Oh! And I don't know how to color, enlarge/smaller text in forums or have links with the URL hidden in that click-able blue text link. If someone can message me the forum post codes for that, that'll be great.

Edited by BBYiffo

About Pull...I think Pull should do more damage the further you are away from them since you would be yanking them harder and farther...

2. I like the polarize option for disabling shields...it should be boosted to about 15 seconds tops...

3. Bulllet attract should make everything a headshot or something to make it truly useful.

Pull

Mag chokes her opponent and pulls him into melee range.

Energy: 25

Range: 20/30/40/50 (boosted by stretch)

Damage: 100/150/300/450 

Stun duration on reaching Mag: 3 seconds.

Deals no damage to team mates.

Can pull downed team mates.

Shield Polarize

Restore or deplete shields depending on friend and foe.

Energy: 50

Cast range: 30

For allies:

Restores:75%/85%/95%/120% to shields over 3 seconds.

Last level gives extra shielding capacity that last 30 seconds (affected by Continuity)

Shield regeneration is improved by 50% for the next 30 seconds also. (affected by Continuity)

For enemies: 

Depletes: 75%/85%/95%/100% of shields over 3 seconds.

After depleting shields, the shield spontaneous explodes.

Dealing damage equal to shield hp in a 8m radius.

If any other enemy is in the vicinity and the explosion destroys their shields, their shield will explode as well dealing damage.

Enemy shields are disabled for 30 seconds after this.

Edited by fatpig84

About Pull...I think Pull should do more damage the further you are away from them since you would be yanking them harder and farther...

2. I like the polarize option for disabling shields...it should be boosted to about 15 seconds tops...

3. Bulllet attract should make everything a headshot or something to make it truly useful.

Kind of hard to imagine pull doing more damage without them landing and rolling on the ground oddly. Thats why I went with fall and the ability to bash them against the wall.

The amount of time and benefits does matter a lot for Polarize. If i can figure out the average shield recharge per second then increase that over the 200-400% I suggested. Then we can probably figure out what probably would work best. However if it did lasted that long it would be like a semi Iron Skin that works against low dps but no deadly high dps.

It would be nice if everyone who aimed above the head or at the head would have the bullets loop to the head. Much better then all the bullets going to the center of the body getting large reduction on most enemies.

Kind of hard to imagine pull doing more damage without them landing and rolling on the ground oddly. Thats why I went with fall and the ability to bash them against the wall.

The amount of time and benefits does matter a lot for Polarize. If i can figure out the average shield recharge per second then increase that over the 200-400% I suggested. Then we can probably figure out what probably would work best. However if it did lasted that long it would be like a semi Iron Skin that works against low dps but no deadly high dps.

It would be nice if everyone who aimed above the head or at the head would have the bullets loop to the head. Much better then all the bullets going to the center of the body getting large reduction on most enemies.

When I've pulled bad guys they've faceplanted and I've done a crush attack on them......

MAG needs a maybe an overhaul if she is to be useful...

Her skills now are just too situational...

Pull:

Instant Cast or be able to cast while moving and a free melee red crit against the pulled enemy. It just seems logical, you pull the enemy in close and then you chop them with your sword.

Shield Polarize:

Add a 4-5m stun on restoring friendly shields, and a 4-5m knockdown when draining enemy shields, wouldn't effect the target but rather everything around them. That would make this ability better at saving friends and the cryopod, and actually be worth the cast time when used on enemies. Also having a visual aid in the Z menu so I can easily tell when an allied shields go down would also help make this ability much more useful.

Bullet Attractor:

Either increase damage of attracted shots similar to Volts shield or make it only effect missing shots. Currently bullet attractor effects all shots and because of that it actually lowers my damage against most things because it pulls all my shots away from the weak points and into the more armoured central mass.

Crush:

Crush is good, although instead of 1000 damage it could stand to do 750 normal and 250 armour ignore so it scales a little better.

The tooltip says Mag is great at 1vs1's so these changes I feel would help enforce that.

Pull would let you do strong single target damage, Shield polarize would flatten everything but the target to enforce a 1vs1, Bullet Attractor would enhance your ability to kill a single target instead of just shutting them down and crush is crush.

I believe we're already doing this topic.  Look at this thread.

And if you read one of the last several posts in that thread you'll noticed I linked this to it. Also because another version of the topic exists doesn't mean we should all go to it. When I first created this thread, that other thread was no where near the first 3 scrollable pages in this section.

Besides. If more people support the idea the better we'll bring this into attention with DE.

Shield Polarize does damage already, though extremely minor. Though it is enough to kill level ~14 Ospreys. I used it on Jackal and due to SP's AoE, his some Mine Ospreys floating around him, and they exploded. True story.

Hmm. I haven't tried it against enemies for ages actually. I'll have to go check that.

EDIT And I just checked it. Won't even allow you to target shield Ospreys since they don't have any shields. Odd since they give enemies shields. I did however spammed Shield Polarize twice and it did do health damage to a Moa... In Venus. Barely even 15% health damage to a very low level Moa. Then again I don't really care about the health damage as much as I care about that shield NEVER having a chance to recharge and/or the enemy isn't suffereing from me messing with internal/external electronics.

The extremely low damage is also the reason I may have never noticed while using it against Heavy Grineer. The damage is too low to even show on them in higher maps.

EDIT And did this again but actually aimed at the target who was getting shields from the Shield Osprey. Very nice how it kills the Shield Osprey. Also turns them into a small bomb... Which is nice but yet another Situational skill.

Edited by BBYiffo

And if you read one of the last several posts in that thread you'll noticed I linked this to it. Also because another version of the topic exists doesn't mean we should all go to it. When I first created this thread, that other thread was no where near the first 3 scrollable pages in this section.

Besides. If more people support the idea the better we'll bring this into attention with DE.

Didn't mean to offend--just wanted to make sure you saw it and could contribute there if you so desired, perhaps your ideas were already covered there, etc.  You know--the usual forum slog.

Didn't mean to offend--just wanted to make sure you saw it and could contribute there if you so desired, perhaps your ideas were already covered there, etc.  You know--the usual forum slog.

By the time that thread got bumped up I already did the major bits of my post. But I was surprised about 40 minutes after I posted this that other thread got bumped up.

It seriously would be nice if we can type "Mag" in search. >.>

If the Shield Polarize was a constant boost to shield charge even while taking damage, that would be great! You would be able to place it on a teammate in trouble or even throw in on someone about to dive into the melee.

It would be a real team asset and encourage new tactics, especially if we started running into enemies that were difficult because they were actually competent in combat rather than just big and smashy.

I suggested a "Charged" abilities proposal a while back, but sadly no one decided to even look at it. :C

Here's the thread in case anyone is interested.

In my thread I proposed that Mag's Pull could be charged into a "Push" variant, along with the damage increase you originally stated with Pull, Push could work in the same way, except doing more damage (well since it's kinda made for damage unlike Pull). Also, Pull should be able to be angled. However due to targeting only working if your aiming at an enemy, it would be kinda hard per se to pull your target off to the side (I'm thinking Mass Effect 3's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIzEA_WWMug'>Pull and targeting mechanics). Alternitavely, Pull should be shot as a small energy ball like the Pull in mass effect 3 and just target the nearest enemy, allowing for said angled pulling. Although other enemies could interfere so I'll leave that to discussion.

Also, I've been thinking of another first ability idea..."Magnetize". Mag will polarize every part of an enemy's body in different directions, giving them essentially a zero-gravity state for a short period of time. During this time, all incoming damage could be increased by a small percentage that scales with Mod level (as well as air-time). This also goes back to Mass Effect 3's Pull.

As for Shield Polarize, I think that it should throw a translucent blue film on the player's/teammate's model if used on a friendly/cryopod and regens shield capacity overtime. The amount restored scales with mod level as well as regen time. All incoming damage to shields during this time is halved (set-amount, cannot be altered). Also, Shield Polarize could instead "Overcharge" a player's shields, scaling with the Mod level as well. Even after the effect is over, the players could keep their overcharged shields (also should be indicated by some overlay texture).

Bullet Attractor should be changed as you said, no changes there. But if used on allies, it should instead deflect MOST incoming projectiles, not all.

Crush, I have no qualms about C:

This is coming from a extensive Mag user who has been disheartened at only using Crush as his only ability ;<

Edited by DarknightK

Interesting idea DarknightK. Having abilities have another function to charge could add another interesting element to the gameplay.

First I'm going to say some of these could be alternate abilities. DE has teased when they changed to our current modding system that was one of the ideas to allow frames another few sets of moves.

However, allow me to be a slight critic. Also I seem to have a love of spoilers to hide walls of text.

I love ideas meant to re-fix a frame without changing the idea of the move drastically. You mention an ability to hold the button down and charge to create an alternate effect. I'll be honest when you mention this idea. I feel like this is a form of Megaman super armor charge or something I see in the Megaman X games. I love the idea. However I would imagine charging these would increase the cost of the skill for doing so.

Back to Pull to Push. I think if Mag can charge her Pull ability it would just pull harder. Kind of like how I mention slamming enemies into cover and any obstacles to do some damage. The reason I say this, other then sticking to the original idea of the ability. To have a magnet push a target away the target has to become a magnet of opposite attraction. The only way this can happen with an enemy is if Mag hits the enemy with a type of device first and then used pull which would be the same magnetism that would send the enemy the opposite direction by how magnets work. A bit of work right?

First I'll say I haven't really played deeply to Mass Effect and my friends keep comparing this game to it. Which I kind of find oddish but then again I never really played more then 2 hours of Mass Effect 2. So from my lack of understanding you're shooting a ball that makes matter in the area weigh less and float, possibly to a direction. I feel Vauban already has the ability currently just not floating towards a direction.

Also isn't your idea of Magnetism the same as your other suggestion for Pull? Except you make the enemy technically the ball instead? Feels like a single target Vortex, another ability similar to Vauban's.

Now finally turning Bullet Attractor into a shield for allies. I would love if a frame has this ability. Really I would! However I can't see a magnet sending metal away. Though before posting this I did search if a Magnet can deflect bullets. At most it seems they can slow them down or send them off course. It may be possible but there isn't any videos or full answers I can get of this actually happening. The problem probably being bullets are too small to get effected by magnetic properties fast enough to deflect them. Strange. Now that I looked this up. Bullet Attractor seems unlikely to do anything at all with how our current science broke this down. Kind of bothersome.

Anyway to the point. It seems you want to turn Mag into a Gravity/Mass altering based Warframe from the descriptions you gave me. At most my version of your Magnetism would probably magnetize a Grineer or a prop and have all enemies who get near it slam into it and get stuck to it for the duration of the skill.

Still love hearing ideas of other people. If your thread about charging Warframe abilites get bumped in the future I'll probably post a few of my suggestions.

One thing you forgot about Pull is that it can affect allies. Especially downed ones.

But otherwise, I completely agree.

I'm sure we all know it affects allies. However I did forgot to put that in the descriptions. When I wrote it I was mainly focusing in the ways I used pull back in Update 5.3.

Which reminds me. Back then it didn't knocked down enemies when you pulled them. It brought them to your face standing up. 0_o...

I'm happy they made it knock them down. Made the skill a bit more functional.

Edited by BBYiffo

Pull:

Totally agree, I suggest that people should use it when moving. It take too much time for animation just to pull a single enemy. If I want to pull a  Shield Osprey a out to remove enemy shield before using Crush or Orange MOA to cancel it's tremor, I dont want to standing there like an idiot, get shoot just to look cool.

Shield polarize:

totally love it. But I dont think proposal 2 gonna work. It's really hard to target your teammate in middle a bunch of Charger.

Bullet attracter:

can't agree more.

Crush:

At high lv, especially defense, using crush is like suicide . It they not dead you gonna be bite to dead, and even in middle of the skill you can still be bite to dead by Accient or Charge too (Accient is the most stupid thing in this game).

I propose:

+ A stun after being crush so we have time to run.

+ 2 phase, disable all enemy in range when the skill start, and deal damage on all enemy in range when the animation end, include new enemy run into your range during cast time. This is lot more fit with the animation, and technical issue( you can't constantly checking if any enemy run into the cast range, but check 1 at start and 1 at end is totally fine)

Edited by Hameln

She probably needs to be buffed yeah but she also needs to be lowered to 75 platinum in the shop just as the other starter (ex starter: Volt) Warframes.

And yeah Volt is weak aswell, I got Volt and Excalibur and to be honest excalibur can own lots of mobs with non-upgraded abilities while all Volt does with non-upgraded abilities is slightly damage higher mobs.

Am I the only one feeling that Pull and Crush use gravitationnal forces and not magnetic ones?

I mean, pulling something made of flesh and bones through magnetism... Seriously?

You can pull a target that has metal. Which is 100% all the enemies even infested. Just examine the enemies more.

Crush however I do have to agree. Doesn't feel like it makes as much sense. What is she? Turning the blood and bone marrow of the target into an Electromagnet? I would have understand if she just magnetized the floor and have them crush against the ground instead.

First of all, huge thanks for replying to my suggestions, gives me a nice way to refine my ideas further :)

“However I would imagine charging these would increase the cost of the skill for doing so.”

Exactly, these ‘charged’ abilities would cost – in my opinion – 1/3 or ¼ more energy from the ability’s original energy requirements.

“Back to Pull to Push. I think if Mag can charge her Pull ability it would just pull harder. Kind of like how I mention slamming enemies into cover and any obstacles to do some damage. The reason I say this, other then sticking to the original idea of the ability. To have a magnet push a target away the target has to become a magnet of opposite attraction. The only way this can happen with an enemy is if Mag hits the enemy with a type of device first and then used pull which would be the same magnetism that would send the enemy the opposite direction by how magnets work. A bit of work right?”

Yes exactly, I imagine Mag polarizing an enemy’s armor and then manipulating it with her hands (the coils around her arms and those forks on her forearms may be able to manipulate polar charges). However also note that magnets can repel. So I’d imagine Mag as being able to manipulate attractive/repulsive forces at the same time.

“First I'll say I haven't really played deeply to Mass Effect and my friends keep comparing this game to it. Which I kind of find oddish but then again I never really played more then 2 hours of Mass Effect 2. So from my lack of understanding you're shooting a ball that makes matter in the area weigh less and float, possibly to a direction. I feel Vauban already has the ability currently just not floating towards a direction.

Also isn't your idea of Magnetism the same as your other suggestion for Pull? Except you make the enemy technically the ball instead? Feels like a single target Vortex, another ability similar to Vauban's.”

Sorry about mentioning Mass Effect 3, I really try to refrain from putting other games into others. D:

But now that I look at it, it really does mimic Vauban, who I hate. Because all the suggestions I wanted to use apply more readily to Vauban instead of Mag (I drafted these concepts way before Vauban was even suggested :S). So with that, looks like Magnetize is blown out of the water…

“Bullet Attractor seems unlikely to do anything at all with how our current science broke this down. Kind of bothersome.”

Well, considering this is a video game, I wouldn’t mindrape yourself over all the little facts and details. How does one charge another’s shields? Would be a question I’m asking myself due to not having shields in real life. Applies doubly to Trinity and other frames with their “space magic”. But as long as these powers are within reason, (no atom splitting frames) then I’m pleased.

“Anyway to the point. It seems you want to turn Mag into a Gravity/Mass altering based Warframe from the descriptions you gave me. At most my version of your Magnetism would probably magnetize a Grineer or a prop and have all enemies who get near it slam into it and get stuck to it for the duration of the skill.”

Well, you CAN manipulate Gravity with Magnets, since the whole reason the earth is tilted and pulls us towards its core is because of magnetism. Vauban however seems to be the ‘new’ definition of Gravity, being able to directly access Gravity in itself, apart from his Tesla mines. This is why I hate Vauban, he slanders Mag’s potential to be reworked into a magnetic/gravity/mass frame with his Bounce, Vortex, and Bind powers. Not happy at all.

Still drinking my morning coffee... Even though it's the afternoon.

Yes exactly, I imagine Mag polarizing an enemy’s armor and then manipulating it with her hands (the coils around her arms and those forks on her forearms may be able to manipulate polar charges). However also note that magnets can repel. So I’d imagine Mag as being able to manipulate attractive/repulsive forces at the same time.

So I ended up Googling up how to make Magnets. Seems you're idea is correct. You can turn a Target into a magnet also. Though I probably should remember this when thinking about Crush now.

Sorry about mentioning Mass Effect 3, I really try to refrain from putting other games into others. D:

But now that I look at it, it really does mimic Vauban, who I hate. Because all the suggestions I wanted to use apply more readily to Vauban instead of Mag (I drafted these concepts way before Vauban was even suggested :S). So with that, looks like Magnetize is blown out of the water…

It's alright. I haven't really played it mainly because my gaming budget is 10$ weekly. I stack when I want a AAA game.

Vauban was suggested as an Engineer Warframe. His abilities, though all gernade shape, doesn't feel much like an engineer at all. However since he's like this now I doubt he's going to be reworked because of this. I kind of don't like this frame either. I've leveled him up to 30 and used him for a little bit longer but then after that I just kind of removed my mods and just went back to my Mag. I'll talk about my issues with Vauban in another thread sometime in the future.

Anyway. Magnetize can still be applied to the game. Just put a little bit more thought into it. Sometimes it's best to try looking for things we can scientifically say could happen. Then shove a crap ton of SciFi and make it ridiculous.

Well, considering this is a video game, I wouldn’t mindrape yourself over all the little facts and details. How does one charge another’s shields? Would be a question I’m asking myself due to not having shields in real life. Applies doubly to Trinity and other frames with their “space magic”. But as long as these powers are within reason, (no atom splitting frames) then I’m pleased.

If we can consider the shields run on AC power (Alternating Currents). I probably can say it works. Also a lot safer then Volt shocking a teammate thinking it'll charge it.

I've been using this website as a Magnet cheat sheet. http://www.ndt-ed.org/EducationResources/HighSchool/Magnetism/electricitymagnet2.htm

Well, you CAN manipulate Gravity with Magnets, since the whole reason the earth is tilted and pulls us towards its core is because of magnetism. Vauban however seems to be the ‘new’ definition of Gravity, being able to directly access Gravity in itself, apart from his Tesla mines. This is why I hate Vauban, he slanders Mag’s potential to be reworked into a magnetic/gravity/mass frame with his Bounce, Vortex, and Bind powers. Not happy at all.

True he is technically crossing into Mag's area of expertise. We were told it was going to be an Engineer and then it seems to borrow from areas from Mag, and slightly Volt, to get attention. Pretty much messing with a lot of alternate skill ideas.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to read all the posts, but:

I agree with most of the feedback in the OP, I'd be happy with any of the suggestions so far.  Not sure if there's one I like better yet.

The only thing:

Shield polarize - If they changed it to AoE, I'd be pretty much content with it as it currently is.  I won't pretend to know what numbers would be balanced, that will require testing once the changes come.  Maybe it'll need a buff, maybe it won't, but AoE would make the skill quite useful.  Restore ally shields and drain enemy shields in one go.