Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Primed Heated Charge worth it against Corpus?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

Having this Primed mod maxed, I think it's a shame that I can't use it with my usual Magnetic + Toxic combo.
I've been wondering lately though, if the extra damage from the mod overlaps that somehow, or if I can get some decent element combo against Corpus that also involves Heat.

(Important note, I only have 3 slots for elements, one of them needs to be 60%)

What do you think, guys?

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

8 answers to this question

Just now, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I usually run viral radiation against corpus, because their shields don't give me much trouble and corpus skin is weak to viral and robotic "skin" is weak to radiation (this is where primed heated charge come in).

I only have 3 slots though.

Frankly these days I rarely even remember to switch out my corrosive + fire builds for corpus sorties, so as long as the'res enough damage you'll be fine since they won't be scaling out of control with armor or anything.

But if you're actually making a dedicated corpus build with fire, rad+ toxic is probably the way to go.

Edited by rapt0rman

5 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I'd go toxic radiation then.

Just now, rapt0rman said:

But if you're actually making a dedicated corpus build with fire, rad+ toxic is probably still the way to go.

If I'm looking at the numbers right though, I think Radiation + Cold would be a better combo, since almost all Corpus units use Shields rather than Proto Shields, Flesh units are very squishy compared to Robotic units, and I won't lose damage against the tankier robots either.

Thoughs?

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

If I'm looking at the numbers right though, I think Radiation + Cold would be a better combo, since almost all Corpus units use Shields rather than Proto Shields, Flesh units are very squishy compared to Robotic units, and I won't lose damage against the tankier robots either.

Thoughs?

Wait, dammit, I just realized I don't have room for the 90% Cold mod in my build. In that case I guess 90% Toxic would be better than 60% Cold.

7 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Thoughs?

Sounds reasonable to me.

Wait, dammit, I just realized I don't have room for the 90% Cold mod in my build. In that case I guess 90% Toxic would be better than 60% Cold.

Don't they cost the same? Or is it because you have dash polarities?

Edited by rapt0rman

Just now, rapt0rman said:

Sounds reasonable to me.

I will say though, looking through all these elements, health types, and taking various enemies into account, I think an overall best build (outside Secondaries) would be Viral + Electricity.