Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Nitain a reward for Invasions

Cosmedian

Invasions are a pretty interesting element of Warframe, especially now, not only being exterminate anymore, but need some kind of reward making people want to play it, so how about giving nitain, wich is often complained about, as a new reward. It could just be a reward instead of another or be one each additional 3 supports you don't need for the normal reward (3 times = normal reward, 6 times = Nitain ,9 times = Nitain etc.)

(And I know there are people who have more than enough Nitain etc. but there are people who have more than enough of every reward)

I don't see it possible. Cause people would start farming Invasions hard and their duration would be extremely reduced.

Not only that, Invasions are extremely boring, easy and uninspiring.
Wouldn't gate such an important material after a boredom wall.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

I feel that this would create an overabundance of Nitain.  You would have people that would do nothing but the invasions to get 100+ nitain in no time.  With very few items needing it as it is now, it would hurt DE's income.  Nitain is already rather easy to get, it is all about timing.  If you are able to play at the minimum of 2 times a week for lets say 2-4 hours, you can find up to 8 Nitain potentially in that week alone if you time it right.  Right now Nitain alerts spawn 4 times a day, roughly every 6 hours starting at a certain time.  Plus they made it dropable in sabotage missions, so you can get even more if you farm sab's and do all of the alerts.  Even if you can't do all 4 every day, doing 1-2 a week will get you enough Nitain in a month or two in order to make anything that is required.

Personally I would rather see something more rare to be put into the drop table, like a ship part (Scimitar, Mantis, Xiphos) or potential for rare mods/prisma items.

This is just my opinion and in no way is the opinion of the general public.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Nyxn607 said:

I feel that this would create an overabundance of Nitain.  You would have people that would do nothing but the invasions to get 100+ nitain in no time.  With very few items needing it as it is now, it would hurt DE's income.  Nitain is already rather easy to get, it is all about timing.  If you are able to play at the minimum of 2 times a week for lets say 2-4 hours, you can find up to 8 Nitain potentially in that week alone if you time it right.  Right now Nitain alerts spawn 4 times a day, roughly every 6 hours starting at a certain time.  Plus they made it dropable in sabotage missions, so you can get even more if you farm sab's and do all of the alerts.  Even if you can't do all 4 every day, doing 1-2 a week will get you enough Nitain in a month or two in order to make anything that is required.

Personally I would rather see something more rare to be put into the drop table, like a ship part (Scimitar, Mantis, Xiphos) or potential for rare mods/prisma items.

This is just my opinion and in no way is the opinion of the general public.

maybe make it as a reward, but not the way op stated, make it just a reward like instead of giving fieldron/mutagen mass/detonite injector, it gives nitain

The rarity of Nitain would kinda diminish if invasion guarantees a nitain drop, when each invasion mission only last for like 5 minutes. Kinda defeats the purpose of having an extra resource in the first place. I mean... Clan tech weapons wouldn't be that special if a premade forma dropped regularly. Anyway, it's nice to give incentives for players to do invasions, but.... most players who need nitain are probably experienced players that are completely jaded from all the copy and paste missions. Doing the same mission over and over again with little to no variation will do my head in, personally.

How about this though, what if Syndicates started to reward resources like that? Maybe something like.... 30k? It's high enough that players that are in the middle of the Warframe experience will still take a bit of time to acquire, maybe 10 ish MR, and veterans that has been stocking a jack load of Nitain for no reason wouldn't care less anyway, since they already have enough to last a lifetime.

That said though, I just want a decent reason to waste my rep. I'll even take a forma that costs 75k, just so i can spend it on something other than keys that I never use.

1 minute ago, Varacal said:

maybe make it as a reward, but not the way op stated, make it just a reward like instead of giving fieldron/mutagen mass/detonite injector, it gives nitain

Maybe this would work, if and only if, it was the reward for 1 invasion once or twice a week.

2 minutes ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

How about this though, what if Syndicates started to reward resources like that? Maybe something like.... 30k? It's high enough that players that are in the middle of the Warframe experience will still take a bit of time to acquire, maybe 10 ish MR, and veterans that has been stocking a jack load of Nitain for no reason wouldn't care less anyway, since they already have enough to last a lifetime.

I feel like this would be a better option.  Given how infrequently Nitain is used (I think it will become a staple soontm) this would work.  Maybe even push it up to 50K to make some players think twice about using syndicate rep for it.