Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next 12 Hour Event, Plz Do A Potato Alert, No More Forma Alerts.

__Kanade__

We already have that chance to get Formas in Void runs, but not the chance to get Reactors/Catalysts. I personally want to see more special alerts like the 12 hour ones drop those instead of Formas. I've got too many weapons that need to be supercharged and for any frames I craft.

Edited by __Kanade__

Yes, get free stuff that you can only get out of the void or from the market, still find a reason to complain about it.. Makes sense.

It's pretty common in the void, and void keys aren't so hard to attain anymore after the drop rates were fixed. It's greater than 12.5% in both T2 and T3, with an additional 2% chance of getting a full forma from T3 voids.

I don't know about others' experience, but I have 9 forma bp right now (8 of those from void runs) and two complete forma from daily rewards, and no catalysts or reactors. It's worth mentioning that I don't really extensively farm the void either... I'd say I've done maybe 25-30 total T2 runs, maybe 5 T3 runs in total. Some of my clanmates have >20 forma blueprints.

You get to cast votes on what to get free now?

The potato famine needs to be addressed elsewhere. Livestream rewards can't be the solution.

No, but as a community, we get to voice our opinions. I would think a community moderator would understand what the point of a community is.

Edit: Furthermore, I have a huge issue with this statement: "you get to cast votes on what to get free now?" This is a F2P game, it's safe to say that the majority of the players, or at least a large number of them, will be non-paying customers. Does that mean that they should not have any say in how the game is developed? A good F2P game is attractive to all users, not just the paying ones, so the connotation that we should not have any say in "what to get free" is deeply offensive to me.

Edited by fatfree

No, but as a community, we get to voice our opinions. I would think a community moderator would understand what the point of a community is.

Edit: Furthermore, I have a huge issue with this statement: "you get to cast votes on what to get free now?" This is a F2P game, it's safe to say that the majority of the players, or at least a large number of them, will be non-paying customers. Does that mean that they should not have any say in how the game is developed? A good F2P game is attractive to all users, not just the paying ones, so the connotation that we should not have any say in "what to get free" is deeply offensive to me.

Alright, I'll bite.

I do understand quite well what the point of a community is. Nevertheless, the manually added alerts are in no way, shape or form reliable or demandable rewards. They are a piece of fan service by DE, nothing you can vote on, ask for or even expect. That is just poor manners. You don't demand a gift. It's something you get without effort, outside of the system, as a freebie. Making demands on what that freebie is and being mopey about the freebie not being what you would prefer does taste a little bit like entitlement. Moving on and claiming that "we, the people" should have a say in what DE gives out as a token of appreciation is even worse manners.

This has nothing to do with "how the game is developed". Your insinuations that I attempted to staunch the valueable feedback every player is free to provide and hopefully does provide are even more so offensive, on two levels. First, you are more or less accusing me of classicism, and you are putting words in my mouth. Second, you are assuming that I wouldn't catch you trying to twist my statement.

Thank you.

Alright, I'll bite.

I do understand quite well what the point of a community is. Nevertheless, the manually added alerts are in no way, shape or form reliable or demandable rewards. They are a piece of fan service by DE, nothing you can vote on, ask for or even expect. That is just poor manners. You don't demand a gift. It's something you get without effort, outside of the system, as a freebie. Making demands on what that freebie is and being mopey about the freebie not being what you would prefer does taste a little bit like entitlement. Moving on and claiming that "we, the people" should have a say in what DE gives out as a token of appreciation is even worse manners.

This has nothing to do with "how the game is developed". Your insinuations that I attempted to staunch the valueable feedback every player is free to provide and hopefully does provide are even more so offensive, on two levels. First, you are more or less accusing me of classicism, and you are putting words in my mouth. Second, you are assuming that I wouldn't catch you trying to twist my statement.

Thank you.

I understood what you meant perfectly well, I didn't like how you phrased it. Keep this in mind, if what you say is so easy to "twist," perhaps you should make your statements more concrete? You could have just as easily said left out the first part of your post and your point would have remained untouched. Instead you had to criticize us in an uppity way about "voting on what to get free."

My point stands, it is DE's choice whether or not they want to give us a potato for this alert, and it is our choice to put up a thread asking for one. It is entirely their prerogative whether they want to listen to us or not, as it is ours to make our needs heard. No one is suggesting that this be a permanent solution to the issues plaguing the potato system, we are merely saying that it would be nice to get a potato for this alert and explaining why (the "potato drought").

I understood what you meant perfectly well, I didn't like how you phrased it. Keep this in mind, if what you say is so easy to "twist," perhaps you should make your statements more concrete?

Fair enough.

If you see no foul in taking a statement you understood perfectly well, and then got offended by it, and then had no qualms in twisting the statement into something else to validate your feeling of being offended, that is an approach I can work with.

Have a good day.

No one is suggesting that this be a permanent solution to the issues plaguing the potato system, we are merely saying that it would be nice to get a potato for this alert and explaining why (the "potato drought").

...then wouldn't it (logically) make more sense to petition for a change to the alert system instead of asking for a one-off item? I mean I like free potatoes as much as the next tenno, but it seems like a poor argument... :S

...then wouldn't it (logically) make more sense to petition for a change to the alert system instead of asking for a one-off item? I mean I like free potatoes as much as the next tenno, but it seems like a poor argument... :S

There are already topics for that, check out the Alert subforum. There is no reason we can't have both, as it is clear that a change to the alert system isn't coming any time soon. Why not have a temporary solution?

There are already topics for that, check out the Alert subforum. There is no reason we can't have both, as it is clear that a change to the alert system isn't coming any time soon. Why not have a temporary solution?

How is one potato a solution?! 10.gif While I'll be glad if this does happen, you're projecting the idea to DE that an extremely temporary band-aid is an acceptable solution.

We already have that chance to get Formas in Void runs, but not the chance to get Reactors/Catalysts. I personally want to see more special alerts like the 12 hour ones drop those instead of Formas. I've got too many weapons that need to be supercharged and for any frames I craft.

Four bucks

plx4.jpg

With the 20% discount coupon.... not a lot.

And i need that Forma for building my Dojo.