Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Syndicate Predicament

TurtleOverseer

Question

So I got a situation where I'm trying to do the smart thing and be in good standing with 3 different syndicates. I've been doing Steel Meridian and accidentally ran a few Red Veil missions without realizing what that would do. Now I have a situation where I can't perform the Arbiters of Hexis initiation because I have less than 0 standing, despite them still being Neutral. Just because they have a bit of negative rep, I "don't have enough", despite not having yet reached one of the negative ranks.

5 answers to this question

It actually becomes a lot easier if you add Cephalon Suda to the mix. If you do keep a SM sigil on at all times and do both SM and CS missions both Arbiters and Red Veil will go up (Red Veil slightly slower than the others).

Just be sure to NEVER do Arbiter or Red Veil missions.

Edited by Actriaz

As the others said, if you're Steel Meridian, then only do those and Cephalon Suda missions/sigils. I currently have Meridian, Veil, Hexis, and Suda all at max rank and own almost every item from syndicates except the Loka and Sequence weapon ones.

You have to do more Steel Meridian than anything else to keep Red Veil balanced out while doing Suda missions.

2 hours ago, TurtleOverseer said:

So I got a situation where I'm trying to do the smart thing and be in good standing with 3 different syndicates. I've been doing Steel Meridian and accidentally ran a few Red Veil missions without realizing what that would do. Now I have a situation where I can't perform the Arbiters of Hexis initiation because I have less than 0 standing, despite them still being Neutral. Just because they have a bit of negative rep, I "don't have enough", despite not having yet reached one of the negative ranks.

Negative standing does not hinder you from paying the initiation cost and getting the first sigil.  This is one of the very first things they changed/fixed when syndicates came out.

I just confirmed it works on my alt account were I'm very negative with New Loca (almost to the negative cap) and they still took my offering.

Are you sure its not telling you don't have enough credits or the resource to pay?

Thank you Guys for your help. What was strange is I went back to check it again, and it still said I didn't have enough reputation. When I noticed this I decided to head back to my ship and double check if I missed anything, and it turns out I somehow already have the sigils because at some point I apparently did both initiations for Suda and Arbiters. Thanks guys for your help though!