Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Texture Problems

Grendads_Creamy_Donut

Question

Anyone know how to solve this? Every time i use Volt's speed or Limbo's Rift ability, the textures seem to delay everywhere. when i play the game runs fine and i don't have any problems with the textures. Like while the ability is active the visuals kinda take a while to clear up before fixing themselves. I tried optimizing the game and verifying the files but it still won't work. My PC can run Warframe at it's maximum. I've only started having this issue a few hotfixes ago. Its not anything big but it does bug me that this happens. I would submit images but I'm a pleb in the forums, first time using it. Hehehe.  Any suggestions?

(the textures load when i'm stationary for about 2-3 seconds)  

8 answers to this question

If you can post a picture it would help since it may be a bug which needs addressing. 

If it is a bug (and not hardware related) ask a mod to move this thread to one of the bug sub-forums where one of the staffers can see it.

Include your system specs in your OP as that will help people figure out what is up - CPU, GPU, amount of RAM, GPU driver version, OS etc. etc. anything that may help people identify the issue.

5 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

If you can post a picture it would help since it may be a bug which needs addressing. 

If it is a bug (and not hardware related) ask a mod to move this thread to one of the bug sub-forums where one of the staffers can see it.

Include your system specs in your OP as that will help people figure out what is up - CPU, GPU, amount of RAM, GPU driver version, OS etc. etc. anything that may help people identify the issue.

My PC specs are: 

8 GB RAM

Intel Core i5-4200H, 2.8GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 950

Running this at Windows 10 

if that helps 

Edited by SwordMasterZoro-EN-

3 hours ago, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

http://imgur.com/a/T5I1z here's a link comparing the images

The pics are a bit small, but i think i can see the problem. You're referencing the way the lockers are getting all messed up, yeah?

If that is what it is, then that is normal, sort of.

That is a result of Warframe's "Level of detail", all games do this to varying degrees. For example:

polygon-reducer-lod-1.jpg

I posted something similar at the beginning of the year, it looks like Warframe skips intermediary levels of detail, and merely switches between high and low. Textures can also be switched out too, but i don't know how Warframe handles its assets, im unsure if it is a mesh issue, or a UV map issue:

^I probably should have done more to highlight the issue in my thread tbh. But you are looking for the railings enemies hide behind, and one of the two support columns in the second picture which should be all white, except one has a massive brown triangle on it. 

I'm unsure what is up in your instance though. It could be a legit bug, and the result of Volts ability pushing the camera back has an adverse effect on the algorithm used to determine these set 'distances' the game is using to switch out assets. 
Unfortunately, i don't main Volt, so i can't say more on the specific issue outside of the fact that all games do this. You'd need someone else who main'd Volt before, and after updates. It could legit have gotten bugged in one of the updates, and is worth investigating at least ;)

11 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

How do I ask one of the Moderators to move the thread to the big sub-forums as mentioned before?

6 minutes ago, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

How do I ask one of the Moderators to move the thread to the big sub-forums as mentioned before?

Send a message to one of the ComMods through the forums, find one here:

Open up their profile, and you should see the message button.

Ask if it can be moved to a bug sub-forum, and provide this threads URL. I'm not sure which sub-forum tbh, as i said in my thread, i don't know if it is an art, or performance issue :/