Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Vauban the new leech frame?

(PSN)mmcareen

So when I finally finished Zenurik off I decided to never run Draco again.  So I have been running T3/4D every night.  I don't look for any frames or weapons, all I ask is one good weapon and stay within shared XP range.   What I have been finding though, every second or third night, I get a Vauban, who basically just comes in my match, throws bastilles at the core and does nothing.  I did one the other night, 40 waves, the Vauban hand 20 kills.  I see them just standing up doing nothing.  This has happened at least 6 or 7 times now in the past 3 weeks.  Is Vauban the new leech frame?  Did I miss that memo?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

So when I finally finished Zenurik off I decided to never run Draco again.  So I have been running T3/4D every night.  I don't look for any frames or weapons, all I ask is one good weapon and stay within shared XP range.   What I have been finding though, every second or third night, I get a Vauban, who basically just comes in my match, throws bastilles at the core and does nothing.  I did one the other night, 40 waves, the Vauban hand 20 kills.  I see them just standing up doing nothing.  This has happened at least 6 or 7 times now in the past 3 weeks.  Is Vauban the new leech frame?  Did I miss that memo?

Only 6-7 times in 3 weeks and that made you label BOOBEN as a "leech frame"?

I would say this:

1) He is newest Prime frame
2) For someone who had no Nitans at all and does not play as often, it takes quite a lot of time to get required 20
3) Draco is still the fastest way fo level, before the star map will be changed, which is rather soon to happen

I would say you just were (un)lucky to run across those very few players who finally managed to get all the required components and had some time to level it fast while they still can.
But as well I would not call it "leech frame", having approx 2 Vaubans per week on Draco.

11 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Only 6-7 times in 3 weeks and that made you label BOOBEN as a "leech frame"?

well I run 1 a night to 40 as I have boosters, so that's roughly 1/3 of the time I get a Vauban, every single time I to get one, it was a leech.  So just incase I worded it badly in my OP, in 3 weeks I have gotten a Vauban in my match 6 or 7 times if not more.  Each time, they have done nothing.  Is this a trend or did I just have bad luck?  I'm not putting Vauban down, his a great frame.  I seriously asking a question is this what has been happening to other players as well

3 minutes ago, Sangoma said:

I would say this:

1) He is newest Prime frame
2) For someone who had no Nitans at all and does not play as often, it takes quite a lot of time to get required 20
3) Draco is still the fastest way fo level, before the star map will be changed, which is rather soon to happen

I would say you just were (un)lucky to run across those very few players who finally managed to get all the required components and had some time to level it fast while they still can.
But as well I would not call it "leech frame", having approx 2 Vaubans per week on Draco.

Oh I have no problem with people coming in with unranked frames, none what so ever.  Send them a PM, "make sure you have a aura on and redirection so you don't get one shot, and bring a good weapon"  But the ones I'm getting, all but one of them everything was maxed, weapons, and frame.  The one who wasn't Vauban was maxed but all his weapons were 10-20.  They just come in and collect prime parts.

Just now, (PS4)mmcareen said:

well I run 1 a night to 40 as I have boosters, so that's roughly 1/3 of the time I get a Vauban, every single time I to get one, it was a leech.  So just incase I worded it badly in my OP, in 3 weeks I have gotten a Vauban in my match 6 or 7 times if not more.  Each time, they have done nothing.  Is this a trend or did I just have bad luck?  I'm not putting Vauban down, his a great frame.  I seriously asking a question is this what has been happening to other players as well

Hmm... In that, I wouldnt say the problem is the frame... but I think its because Vauban went to the spotlight with his Prime Access... those people you played with could very well keep killing with their weapons, but from the looks of things... they didnt.

1 minute ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Oh I have no problem with people coming in with unranked frames, none what so ever.  Send them a PM, "make sure you have a aura on and redirection so you don't get one shot, and bring a good weapon"  But the ones I'm getting, all but one of them everything was maxed, weapons, and frame.  The one who wasn't Vauban was maxed but all his weapons were 10-20.  They just come in and collect prime parts.

Seems to be just a case of general leeching. They just happen to be using Vauban.

I find it common seeing "defence" frames pretty much afking or doing next to nothing. I have the issue more often with Frost though. Doing a void mission, Frost occasionally pops a bubble and is pretty much just stationary. 

Not that I'm blaming the frame. Players purposely pick these frames and then think they're doing their part and think its ok to do nothing else.