Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed dojo changes that would change the face of this game forever in a much needed way.

Balfaulx

So as it is right now dojos are labs and trading locations in fancy empty space closets.

In devstream 76 it was mentioned putting dojos on the same system server wise as the relays this is a step towards a huge opportunity.

So first a few issues with the game.

1) the social aspect of this game needs help you play with a few people on missions and get dropped back in a space closet alone.

2) your liset is very small And DE is trying to fix that by expanding it.

3) Dojos as they stand are decked out closets in space themselves with a trading tool and labs that most members don't contribute too.

The changes that would fix all these problems in one go.

Add a room to the dojo that is instanced called the Hanger when you enter it you enter your liset.
Add a terminal or a door that lets you walk out of your liset directly into the dojo when not in mission.

This allows you more space than your liset offers and when not on missions, and allows you to see and interact with fellow clan members. This means more people interacting also more people using dojo features and helping upgrade.

In short it helps the game be more social helps clans be better organized and grow and helps with being stuck alone in a floating space casket.

Dojos will become functional clan homes and the game will be less boring when not on missions.
this also allows more time to expand the liset while giving players room to breathe and stretch and creates a feeling you are actually in a breathing place not a utility closet.

Relatively simple fix to some rather obvious issues with the current state of the game I personally would play more if i was in a room full of friends when i logged off not alone adrift in a pod.

Also to all those who live in closets and don't want to interact simply don't go through that door works out for everyone.

"Also Dojos need kubrow parks" > massive money with kubrow accessories and stuff i would so buy socks for my kubrow and even name one socks because socks in socks rocks.

Edited by Balfaulx

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

The liset is small. The orbiter ISN'T.

They aren't changing the liset but just expending what part of the orbiter we have access to.

That's great we have a huge ship we can hang out on alone when ever it gets fully expanded. Point still stands the relays aren't as social as they should be and dojos are currently not as social as they could be. The purpose of this fix would be to expand the social interaction of groups who are supposed to be allies in battle, and not floating around alone in a multiplayer game.

I have been here since beta i know what the orbiter is, and it would best be left as a bigger engine to get you to a port that the liset couldn't reach on its own power so you don't spend time alone in a big empty ship. The orbiter rooms that open should be left for character expansion and lore but the social aspect of the game could use these fixes.

21 minutes ago, Balfaulx said:

Point still stands the relays aren't as social as they should be and dojos are currently not as social as they could be.

Maybe the relays aren't as social as they should be because not a lot of people really care about standing in a relay to talk with other when they can simply do so with a region / private chat...

Personally I don't see ANY point in all this.

18 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Maybe the relays aren't as social as they should be because not a lot of people really care about standing in a relay to talk with other when they can simply do so with a region / private chat...

Personally I don't see ANY point in all this.

As stated above if you like being in a closet don't leave the ship or you know just play EVE and be the ship. Relays aren't as popular because 98% of the time you don't know anyone there. If your an organized clan and have a chat server seeing each other and interacting outside missions goes a long way.

If you don't see ANY point at all in this stay in your ship your life will remain unchanged.

I see it doesn't interest you but as i stated before you can just stay in your orbiter and type if you want, this would give more freedom to those who like to interact beyond the realms of twitter communication.

I do find this a bit funny. I'm all for it, but it's not really considering what many have the dojos for in the first place. I left my old clan some time ago because I wanted my own space to begin with. I started my own clan and built my dojo up from nothing all by myself with no help what so ever. Their are only about four people that have access to my dojo and none of them have authority to build in it. I specifically didn't want to interact with a bunch of people I didn't really know but still have access to my labs and such. Forced interaction doesn't really help the situation at all.

40 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

I do find this a bit funny. I'm all for it, but it's not really considering what many have the dojos for in the first place. I left my old clan some time ago because I wanted my own space to begin with. I started my own clan and built my dojo up from nothing all by myself with no help what so ever. Their are only about four people that have access to my dojo and none of them have authority to build in it. I specifically didn't want to interact with a bunch of people I didn't really know but still have access to my labs and such. Forced interaction doesn't really help the situation at all.

Its not forced interaction stay on your ship prob solved I built my own dojo as well and share with my friends the point is to make a better clan social environment for those who want it. In your case also nothing would change. I feel everyone who doesn't read the post and understand it seems to think this would force interaction on them. When you could just stay on your ship or not add a lot of people to your clan and enjoy your empty dojo if that's your thing.

The fact of the matter is that you can't "just stay on your ship" if you're looking for a lot of the weapons and even archwing gear. You can't even get Itzal with out going into your dojo and in most cases that means interacting with others that the acknowledgment is that you don't want to. It is an extreme burden on any single player to try and build their way to those rooms and get all the researches done. It's designed by default to be done buy a group and not a single player. Doing so is incredibly expensive.

47 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

The fact of the matter is that you can't "just stay on your ship" if you're looking for a lot of the weapons and even archwing gear. You can't even get Itzal with out going into your dojo and in most cases that means interacting with others that the acknowledgment is that you don't want to. It is an extreme burden on any single player to try and build their way to those rooms and get all the researches done. It's designed by default to be done buy a group and not a single player. Doing so is incredibly expensive.

To get access to labs you don't have to interact with anyone except the clan leader to get an invite.

Relays should be the social hubs of the game. No idea why the game resolves around the list for new players - if relays they've have easy access to things like other new players, guides of the lotus for questions and an introduction to Simaris, Tenshin and the syndicates so they're less "who the hell are they?" When the time comes to needing/siding with them.

19 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

To get access to labs you don't have to interact with anyone except the clan leader to get an invite.

That is not true at all. I had to deal with dojo spam and other bs back before I built my own. Regardless of if I responded back or not, I would still get bombarded with players asking for stuff, trying to sell me something or another, and otherwise begging for help. That was one of the main reasons why I left to make my own.

1 minute ago, Cortanis said:

That is not true at all. I had to deal with dojo spam and other bs back before I built my own. Regardless of if I responded back or not, I would still get bombarded with players asking for stuff, trying to sell me something or another, and otherwise begging for help. That was one of the main reasons why I left to make my own.

Well, I didn't experience that. All I did was check the comment on wikia and ask my future Warlord if he/she could add me to the clan. I never had to deal or even talk with fellow clan members unless I wanted to. And btw, Warframe is supposed to be a coop online game, not just within missions but outside as well. Helping players and stuff is something most people don't hate doing, you're in the minority, no offense.

Actually, I help players all the time. Difference is that that is my choice and not constant harassment to be ether individual players, groups, or particular dojo's pet taxi or otherwise mule. I do play the game regularly like everyone else and I do my own farming too. It's no ones obligation to farm for everyone else because everyone expects to be taxi'd through everything now in days.

4 hours ago, Cortanis said:

Cost scales with number of members i built it all myself as the cost allowed for it its not expensive just time consuming. So no its not designed by default for a group its completely doable without one relatively easily due to cost scaling.

If you don't like interacting build your own dojo and be a recluse that option is still there. (Which you did) If you want a huge clan then there should be more interaction that's the point. With large clans and costs which scale people would be more willing to pitch in to make the dojo better due to spending more time in them.

This means nothing changes for you so what again is the problem? Is it that you had a bad day or experience in a clan and now feel all other clans have these issues you encountered because i have not. Your private world would still exist and large active guild life would get better for social players every one wins.

"Are you afraid of being alone tenno?"

Also kubrow parks need to have ball launchers so you can play fetch and vendors with accessories for the doggies erm batdogdoggythings.

Edited by Balfaulx

4 hours ago, (XB1)Skode said:

Relays should be the social hubs of the game. No idea why the game resolves around the list for new players - if relays they've have easy access to things like other new players, guides of the lotus for questions and an introduction to Simaris, Tenshin and the syndicates so they're less "who the hell are they?" When the time comes to needing/siding with them.

Launching missions from the observation room as groups would also be nice, along with a dojo shuttle from relays so people could check out clan dojos if the dojos are set to open without needing invites. It could also work the other way allowing you to walk out of your dojo onto a chosen relay. Is his a big deal no but it would add ambiance.

The concept is good but, have you thought of what it would mean for your computer specially for moon  size clans? Your computer would literally spend an hour to load up all the customization and status done to each liset. It is more easy to fix that change liset depending on ship gotten. It is easier to make observatory an deck as it is in relay. 

23 minutes ago, DTMob said:

The concept is good but, have you thought of what it would mean for your computer specially for moon  size clans? Your computer would literally spend an hour to load up all the customization and status done to each liset. It is more easy to fix that change liset depending on ship gotten. It is easier to make observatory an deck as it is in relay. 

No it wouldn't as in the original post in dev stream 76 they are considering putting the "Dojos" on the same server setup as relays. This would run fine.

It was the second sentence in the OP.

Edited by Balfaulx

• 2 weeks later...