Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you garenteed all of Mesa's parts in 3 runs?

(PSN)ChiefStevy

Question

People on the wiki have been saying how they got all of Mesa's parts on 3 runs, one part in each one. There have also been comments saying how it was deliberately set up by DE now; that you would be garenteed all of her parts within 3 runs of Mutalist Alad V assassinate. Other people, however, have been saying the opposite, and how it was taking them up to 10 runs to complete her set. The comments have been posted within days of each other. So which one is true?

8 answers to this question

I got all my parts in 5 runs, met someone who got all his parts in 3 runs and some other person who got all his parts in 7 runs.

...And I heard of someone who ragequit on Mesa after the 20th run not giving him the last part.

It's just RNG, guaranteed drops for Mesa parts are nonsense.

Edited by NativeKiller

Watching threads about RNG/Luck you'll see a lot of people saying they got all the parts in four runs or less (a four person key share) and that was my experience as well. 

RNG is RNG but it's probably a more generous table than most.

Edited by VKhaun

You're guaranteed three parts in three runs. That's about the extent of it.

When I finally got around to farming Mesa up (and it took quite awhile), I think I got all three parts in about 6-7 runs. I had something like 18 coordinate whatsits saved up, but it didn't really take long.

There's often one part that is problematic, but I didn't run into any issues with Mesa. However, when farming up Nyx, it took 43 runs to get a helmet. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not.

On 8 July 2016 at 5:30 AM, (PS4)ChiefStevy said:

People on the wiki have been saying how they got all of Mesa's parts on 3 runs, one part in each one. There have also been comments saying how it was deliberately set up by DE now; that you would be garenteed all of her parts within 3 runs of Mutalist Alad V assassinate. Other people, however, have been saying the opposite, and how it was taking them up to 10 runs to complete her set. The comments have been posted within days of each other. So which one is true?

Each time you do a run, you have a 1/3 chance of getting a part flat. That means roughly a 1/27 chance of getting them all in three runs. So it is possible to get them all in three runs, but unlikely.