The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can not enable Nvidia PhysX after Specters of the Rail update

aerosoul1337

37 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Alright, can you make sure that you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed? 
For GTX 980 these should be 368.69 WHQL.

It is well known that nvidia drivers newer than 359.06 has a lot of issues.

Prior to this update, I rollback from the newest driver to 359.06 because I got display driver crashes to black screen way too frequent when playing warframe. (and happens to warframe only).

Since you said Dev team cannot reproduce black screen issue so you recommended us to try to DISABLE PhysX effect.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/617207-warframe-crashes-to-black-screen-forced-to-shutdown

So is that a proven PhysX issue and has been fixed?

Or should I keep testing without PhysX effect on?

Edited by aerosoul1337

3 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

I can not enable Nvidia PhysX after Specters of the Rail update.

My card: GTX 980

Same issue on GTX 460 here!

edit: ee.log says "Phys [Error]: PhysXDevice64.dll is not available"

Edited by TRSS
Added info

Same thing here, on a mobile GTX 860M (newer chip, the same one as in 950M).

I could enable it before this update, however I'm under the impression that there currently are no PhysX effects in the game anyway, no? With option enabled/disabled I saw no difference in my game somewhere back since Inaros update IIRC - before that, you could not miss PhysX particles on dead Infested and Capture targets, but somewhere after that, not sure when exactly, I just noticed there were no effects in the game.

Or was it just me?

Edited by Eudaimonium

On 7/8/2016 at 10:21 PM, aerosoul1337 said:

jg63X9J.jpg

I'm having the exact same problem. Everything is up to date.  From what I researched, all I could find was that this feature was removed as DE has their own system now. Am I correct?

Edited by Eienlanzer
There to their

3 hours ago, Eienlanzer said:

I'm having the exact same problem. Everything is up to date.  From what I researched, all I could find was that this feature was removed as DE has there own system now. Am I correct?

I believe you may be referring to this Steam thread mentioning exact same thing:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/541907867762938853/

This mentions the following:

physx was replaced with a proprietary particle system DE calls "Flow" it's not nearly as shiny but it is what it is. They have mentioned adding the option to use the old effects back in at some point but that was quite a while ago and they havn't mentioned it since.

However that post was way back in October 2015 (before I started playing I believe), and I do distinctly remember the Capture Targets, Infested and Gunners/Bombers groundslam PhysX effects being beautiful, right up until somewhere around Inaros update.

Not too long before Inaros update, I faintly recall seeing some hotfix mentioning how they've adopted a newer PhysX library for better performance and that I saw I no longer had large-ish FPS drops when nuking a hallway full of infested with a Tigris. Which was great.

Now it's gone. No idea why.

Edited by Eudaimonium

6 minutes ago, Eudaimonium said:

I believe you may be referring to this Steam thread mentioning exact same thing:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/541907867762938853/

This mentions the following:

However that post was way back in October 2015 (before I started playing I believe), and I do distinctly remember the Capture Targets, Infested and Gunners/Bombers groundslam PhysX effects being beautiful, right up until somewhere around Inaros update.

Not too long before Inaros update, I faintly recall seeing some hotfix mentioning how they've adopted a newer PhysX library for better performance and that I saw I no longer had large-ish FPS drops when nuking a hallway full of infested with a Tigris. Which was great.

Now it's gone. No idea why.

That would be it.  I have a beautiful new rig and should not have a problem running the Physx. Just to add in, I have tried switching from cpu in the Nvidia Control panel, and still it will not function. 

Edit* I also remember running the Physx for Warframe on my old rig years ago, and it was stunning. I sure do miss it.

Edited by Eienlanzer

5 minutes ago, Eienlanzer said:

That would be it.  I have a beautiful new rig and should not have a problem running the Physx. Just to add in, I have tried switching from cpu in the Nvidia Control panel, and still it will not function. 

Question, could you enable the setting prior to Spectres update? Did it make any in-game difference to you? Or am I the only one who's PhysX effects just simply stopped showing up a while back?

7 minutes ago, Eudaimonium said:

Question, could you enable the setting prior to Spectres update? Did it make any in-game difference to you? Or am I the only one who's PhysX effects just simply stopped showing up a while back?

1. I don't recall checking.  I bought the new rig and just now noticed it.  2. Graphically it was beautiful, stunning, but it did not impact performance. 3. Mine just stopped working a while back too. I recently checked by running Warframe on my old laptop that worked prior to updates.

5 minutes ago, Eienlanzer said:

1. I don't recall checking.  I bought the new rig and just now noticed it.  2. Graphically it was beautiful, stunning, but it did not impact performance. 3. Mine just stopped working a while back too. I recently checked by running Warframe on my old laptop that worked prior to updates.

Yeah I also remember it being beautiful a bit back, however then the PhysX effects just disappeared from the game from me while I could still normally select the PhysX option ON/OFF in the options (It wasn't grayed out, but it also apparently didn't make any in game difference). That's what I'm trying to find out, was it like that for all people or just me.

EDIT - And finally, can anybody turn on PhysX after SotR update, and does it produce ingame difference?

Edited by Eudaimonium

3 hours ago, Eudaimonium said:

I used to be able to enable it all the time... till Specters of the Rail update.

I remember it clearly. Because I was testing some crash issue that DE staff asked me to try to disable it and if it makes any difference.

Edited by aerosoul1337

18 hours ago, Eienlanzer said:

I'm having the exact same problem. Everything is up to date.  From what I researched, all I could find was that this feature was removed as DE has their own system now. Am I correct?

According to [DE]Dmitri's reply, we should be able to enable Nvidia PhysX as long as the driver is newer than 355.60.

But I can't enable it with 359.06.