The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Kavats Genetic Code

Kawalorn

Question

So, after 53 scans, I finally received 1 Kavat genetic. It is based off of RNG, considering a teammate with me got it in 13 scans, and another player told me they got one in 3. (I misinterpreted the whole scan 10x genetics for 10 scans to get a genetic code). Any who, also got a Kavat Incubator segment bp as a drop which also requires 10 genetic. So if you're planning on getting a Kavat without spending plat, you're going to need at least 20 genetic codes.

AFTER SoTR Hotfix 4

Alrighty, figured I'd give an update after the genetic codes rate have been doubled. The rate is definitely better, in the majority of missions I've ran, I've received at least 1-3 a mission (1 or two missions were duds, where I got 0). After roughly 12 missions I've gotten 22 total. This time I did not take Helios, considering it does not seem to work, I also used a synthesis scanner (not sure if this makes a difference).

Edited by Grey_the_Ninelives
Rates have been buffed

They suffer from the same inconsistent attack behavior as the kubrows, in one mission mine stood right next to some feral kubrows and didn't do a thing and I was about a foot away. What should really happen is they should attack anything that is not a friendly until they are dead or the enemy are dead.

Just now, Pendragon1951 said:

They suffer from the same inconsistent attack behavior as the kubrows, in one mission mine stood right next to some feral kubrows and didn't do a thing and I was about a foot away. What should really happen is they should attack anything that is not a friendly until they are dead or the enemy are dead.

And ruin stealth play entirely? Great idea!...

Guys, you're in the wrong thread if you want to discuss Kavat behaviour.

Btt (well, not entirely): If Kavat Genetic Code is RNG-based (and with a rather low chance as it seems), did they at least drop the need to have a Kubrow egg where you insert the DNA? Because otherwise I'll just pass, I'm really not in the mood to farm two almost non-existent items just for a space-fishcat.

1 hour ago, Bibliothekar said:

Guys, you're in the wrong thread if you want to discuss Kavat behaviour.

Btt (well, not entirely): If Kavat Genetic Code is RNG-based (and with a rather low chance as it seems), did they at least drop the need to have a Kubrow egg where you insert the DNA? Because otherwise I'll just pass, I'm really not in the mood to farm two almost non-existent items just for a space-fishcat.

Doesn't look like a Kubrow Egg is required, just the segment itself and the 10 Kavat Genetic Code to start the process.

22 minutes ago, LepraSK said:

Well RNG still works as intended lol :(

Just wish DE would lower the dna needed to make them after the ten to build the segment by half. Twenty dna to make your first Kavat is a bit much.

Every major update, DE manages to make that one decision that taints the update for me. No matter how much awesome stuff they add, there's always that one thing that makes me want to uninstall the game and leave. Kavat DNA acquisition is this one's. Considering you need 10 Genetic Code thingies to breed a Kavat and you have to scan them to get it, I think it should be a guaranteed thing, like the plant extracts on Earth.

38 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Every major update, DE manages to make that one decision that taints the update for me. No matter how much awesome stuff they add, there's always that one thing that makes me want to uninstall the game and leave. Kavat DNA acquisition is this one's. Considering you need 10 Genetic Code thingies to breed a Kavat and you have to scan them to get it, I think it should be a guaranteed thing, like the plant extracts on Earth.

Would have been better if we could scan both feral and grineer kavats to get the dna needed. You can run so many derelict missions and only come away with one, how is that a good thing in any way? Way too much of a grind in my opinion.

the droprate is actually insulting to say the least. and even getting the scans off is tedious since derilect missions are a mosh pit now. let me guess DE, we can expect a patch in a few days saying the droprate was too low due to a "bug" right? just when everyone who wants cats that badly already bent over and bought the dna with plat :) gotta love this game...

8 minutes ago, SaamSaam said:

After 200 scans, still nothing...

I want to buy it in plats, but should I wait the next update and hope they increase the drop rate or fix the drop rate ?

I would wait.  I am.  The ridiculously low chance of getting a genetic code from a scan seems like something they would probably change.  They increased the drop chance for kubrow eggs beause that was low, and this is even worse.

1 minute ago, MechaTortoise said:

I would wait.  I am.  The ridiculously low chance of getting a genetic code from a scan seems like something they would probably change.  They increased the drop chance for kubrow eggs beause that was low, and this is even worse.

Yes, but how much time ? If it's more than a week, then I'll buy it.