Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Colors For All Frames.

Gravefire

For the longest time I've always wanted to see more of Warframe customizations giving the player's warframe a uniqueness that stand out saying that its his own frame ( No not just the color of the frame to bring uniqueness). I've always felt that a few frames that could benefit this would give Warframe its own unique style when it comes to choosing what frame you want next.

Examples,

Ember - Having Ember's fire turn to different colors would be amazing. Picture in your mind Fire blast and World on fire being blue,green,black and white killing enemies in a great blaze of bluish death.

Saryn- You're molt is no longer the color of the white snake now you're shedding black skin, blue skin and not only with molt but with Muramasa ult now spews out gold liquid poisoning the enemies in a dazzling display of how beautiful Saryan could really be.

Vauban- Seeing how his vortex its a blinding white light, We could make it pink showing all the pink things in this game is dangerous or a blackhole effect with darkness as the appoarching darkness just swallows you hole.

Rhino- From

This is amazing, you could even do things like the color of Rhino's Iron Skin, Ash's Smoke for his Tele/Smoke Bomb/Blade Storm, Volt's lightning in general, Frost's ice (Red ice to match the blue fire, amirite?), etc.

]

Volt- Having seen volts super speed, having the ability to put a rainbow as the tail instead of the cool blue streak, would give on the internet people the Nyan cat in game they're wanting so much

In the arsenal under our selected warframe we have a list of the warframe's abilities. Perhaps DE could add in a preview feature that shows off the ability and it's effects when you click on it? It could show your current color settings as well and would be a quick and easy way to customize and tweak the colors to your liking.

We add more to come when I get a chance.

Frome Venom and Saint

YrSr5K0.jpg

M56H5FW.jpg

SaintLucifer helped get the original images before edits. But heres a frost snowglobe:

uPCmKrF.jpg

Edited by Gravefire

I like your concept to this, if you also want more unique feeling to Warframe we could ask for different designs for the Warframe that will be entirely custom made from ourselves. For Example; There could be an advance option to where we would normally change the color pallet, and make out a whole design, while still using the shape of the warframe, we could redirect certain creases and make chest plates seem bigger or smaller towards the default.

I'm a big, big advocate of this kind of thing.

I feel like some things - like Ability and Weapon FX tint - make for 'easy customization' that'd have a pretty cool effect.

I'd like to see a situation where an Ember player could have Blue fire from their skills. Or another player maybe getting White fire from the Ignis.

+1 would totally love! I've wanted my ember to shoot balck napalm for ages!

I don't want bunch of clowns spamming colorfull stuff everywhere though...

Lots of colourful powers already. And people dress up as giant purple *censored* all the time. And pink arrows.

If it makes people happy to be a giant rainbow fairy (in the mythological sense, not the perjorative one) then more power to them. I look forward to fighting alongside them *3*

Brohnesorge, on 19 Jun 2013 - 4:32 PM, said:

This is amazing, you could even do things like the color of Rhino's Iron Skin, Ash's Smoke for his Tele/Smoke Bomb/Blade Storm, Volt's lightning in general, Frost's ice (Red ice to match the blue fire, amirite?), etc.

Exactly give more of a personal touch to the warframe for the user to define this is my Warframe and this is how I play

+1 would totally love! I've wanted my ember to shoot balck napalm for ages!

Lots of colourful powers already. And people dress up as giant purple *censored* all the time. And pink arrows.

If it makes people happy to be a giant rainbow fairy (in the mythological sense, not the perjorative one) then more power to them. I look forward to fighting alongside them *3*

Golden Errythang on my Excalibur Prime! Maximum sun praising!

This has been tossed around a bit. It's quite a big undertaking, there are a lot of different elements to our effects...I'd like more opinions on this, are you prepared for the barrage of pink that would no doubt happen?

Fear the pink mist, "now where did I put my needler" -Master Cheif

This has been tossed around a bit. It's quite a big undertaking, there are a lot of different elements to our effects...I'd like more opinions on this, are you prepared for the barrage of pink that would no doubt happen?

I am more than prepared for it but good thing is I only do runs with viewers and guildies so I wouldn't see too much pink unless you want in on the runs for Resource farming :P!

Also added people's own idea's of what they would like to see will color changing skills.

Edited by Gravefire

It's not exactly the easiest thing in the world to just "allow color changing of abilities," especially on such a large scale of "Every" color and every power. It was something Cryptic and NCSoft had worked for and presented very early in City of Heroes' lifespan, and wasn't actually implemented for many years, basically right before NCSoft stopped running the servers...

Oh, but HOW SWEET IT WAS.  The color combo of your hero (frame in this case) plus your powers just made the game that much more beautiful and enjoyable for the whole team.  You have a Bright Orange Excalibur?  Why not make his Slash Dash a vibrant red color instead of the default blue.  Yes, that would be great and I am SURE that DE isn't just ignoring this.  With all the major updates WarFrame has seen lately, they have really done wonders, and you all act like this game wasn't just released in March for crying out loud.

Lets see.... March 25th till now.. Not even 3 Months.  And look at all the content they add, plus working on PS4 rights AND the ability to cross-platform with your friends.  I think I can wait on power color changing with all the great work they've put into ACTUAL CONTENT and not some pretty flowers to look at.

Edit:  In case DE sees this, I wanted to say thanks for the bestest birthday present anyone has ever given me.  A whole game released the day before my B-Dday is the best, you guys are so sweeeeet <3

-Sair

Edited by SairAerwyn