Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Way to Farm Focus Without Draco?

Kaguya

Question

Unlike a lot of people, I didn't start focus farming until recently before the update hit. Now with the update, I am lost on what to do in regards to focus since I can't run to draco and spam RJ in order to efficiently gain all my focus. tbh, draco was horrible in the sense it let people boost their MR super high but it gave players an efficient way to put 6 forma on a Tonkor or efficiently focus farm like myself.

I know I may get a lot of hate on this thread but I really want to complete my skill tree builds and I need a way to focus farm 100k a day without spending 12 hours.

5 answers to this question

Agree with above. Exterminate / Spy. The stealth combo quickly makes even basic enemies become worth ridiculous amounts of affinity. Some types of CC actually preserve the "unaware" state. I usually use Ivara and her sleep arrow. Even for melee I can sleep a Grineer and it's two pets, stab the Grineer, and just move on leaving the pets asleep. They come out of it eventually but are still "unaware" so I never have to bother with them if I can't use a stealth finisher.

Just remember "farming" focus defeats the whole purpose of the system giving you a use for extra affinity on max rank gear. You should really play and get other things you need first since you'll earn affinity doing anything else anyway. Maybe just farm when you're done for a while to finish up your daily cap if you don't hit it.

Edited by VKhaun

get a redeemer with greater lens, get a loki, go to high level grineer exterminates and stealth kill everything without breaking the combo. 

Be aware that you need to oneshot groups so they dotn alert each other when dying and it does wokrk with other frames too, but is slower.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

1 hour ago, VKhaun said:

Just remember "farming" focus defeats the whole purpose of the system giving you a use for extra affinity on max rank gear.

On the one hand, I agree with this sentiment - in an ideal world.

On the other hand, playing (without actively farming) for 6 hours (yay weekends) with all lensed gear, I got 20k focus.

Edited by Chroia