Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to wait for players?

zoobmer

Question

I already wrote a bug report for this in the forums, but then it started working propperly, and then it stopped working again. so here's my issue: when I click a node, how do I avoid starting the timer so I can wait for players? I hate soloing, and when the timer starts automatically and I can't wait for players, it completely breaks the game for me.

14 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

I already wrote a bug report for this in the forums, but then it started working propperly, and then it stopped working again. so here's my issue: when I click a node, how do I avoid starting the timer so I can wait for players? I hate soloing, and when the timer starts automatically and I can't wait for players, it completely breaks the game for me.

have you tried making you lobby public? or are you on solo, if you are check the dropdown menu on the starmap in the upper left corner, then click on it and select public, then it should alllow people to join your game

5 minutes ago, TheRealWaffle said:

have you tried making you lobby public? or are you on solo, if you are check the dropdown menu on the starmap in the upper left corner, then click on it and select public, then it should alllow people to join your game

Na, it happens regardless of if you are set to public, random missions will just skip straight to the count down to start the mission.

3 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

random missions will just skip straight to the count down to start the mission.

so let me get this straight: as far as we know, it's random?

11 minutes ago, TheRealWaffle said:

my setting has always been public. it's been that way since I first started playing around march or april of this year.

2 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

my setting has always been public. it's been that way since I first started playing around march or april of this year.

I have never experienced this glitch, so try waiting in the spawn area until people join, thats the only good advice i can give you.

7 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

so let me get this straight: as far as we know, it's random?

Yep, only thing you can really do right now is try to cancel as fast as possible and then try some different missions and then come back and see if it still does it. That's what's been working for me.

Or waiting at the spawn area should work too.

Edited by rapt0rman

1 minute ago, TheRealWaffle said:

in that case couldn't you start the mission and wait in the starting area where only a few enemies will filter into slowly. may seem annoying but a quick fix imo

it's super annoying. I want to watch netflix or youtube while I wait; not have to make sure I stay alive long enough for a player to join in a completely unengaging area.

You are not alone, I've been experiencing this bug as well.

If a mod happens to see this it might be better off in the PC Bugs section so it gets the attention it deserves.

Edit: I just noticed you had said you made a bug report about this already. If I can find it (or you link me to it) I'll second the issue.

Edited by currentsun