Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is that XP gain normal?

ShelbyTrooper

Question

Hello everyone, im trying to level up (farm XP), so i went Zabala in Eris, and after 3 times doing 10~20 minutes, my Cerata was on 29 as you can see in the first image and Cernos did not get much XP, it stood level 22 for the 3 runs,  then i decided to go Draco exterminate, 20 minutes after giving headshots (Ok, not so much HS), only 3 levels up (22 to 25) with Cernos as you can see in the second image....

There is anything wrong with the XP gain now?

D4EPDPx.jpg?1

G2jW1D7.jpg?1

Sorry for bad english...

17 answers to this question

You're running solo, so you only get XP on your Warframe and the weapon that is doing the killing. In the first image the majority of your kills were melee, and in the second the majority were with your bow, so that's the reason for the XP distribution. As for amount of XP gained that depends on enemy levels, types, and eximus variants.

Edited by Maicael

Sadly, solo players are kind of punished when trying to level items. But it's mostly that shared XP is broken as hell, and needs to be changed to actually make sense. 

But yes, these numbers are kind of normal for solo play. Dark Sectors are one of the best places for XP farming, by the way. Best way to level items without leeching cancer in new Draco equivalents.

3 hours ago, Maicael said:

You're running solo, so you only get XP on your Warframe and the weapon that is doing the killing. In the first image the majority of your kills were melee, and in the second the majority were with your bow, so that's the reason for the XP distribution. As for amount of XP gained that depends on enemy levels, types, and eximus variants.

This exactly.

I'll also add on that all XP to your weapons and frame is split, meaning the less gear you have equipped, the more XP will be given to the ones equipped.

For solo xp on headshot weapons then Titan on Saturn, find a straight line going into a dead end, let the lines of grineer come to you, then headshot whole lines away.

Of course, it's better for puncture weapons because grineer, but still they line up for all weapons, puncture or not.

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

This exactly.

I'll also add on that all XP to your weapons and frame is split, meaning the less gear you have equipped, the more XP will be given to the ones equipped.

Even on a max rank frame ?

5 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

This exactly.

its only split that way when sharing objective exp or exp from allies.

exp from kills is 50/50 between your frame and the weapon that did the killing (or 100% to frame if the frame does the killing)

17 minutes ago, Maicael said:

You're running solo, so you only get XP on your Warframe and the weapon that is doing the killing. In the first image the majority of your kills were melee, and in the second the majority were with your bow.

Bingo. Exactly as he/she wrote.

Try running with other people (you actually get a bonus in experience, overall).

Edited by Vastarov
"he/she" instead of "he", since unknown

14 minutes ago, Victor2308 said:

So, killed more than 600 enemies level 30~45 with cerata just to get 89K of XP, because i was solo?
Looks ill have to try the "new draco" again...

Thanks Everyone

That's nothing, the old draco allowed people to kill 1200 enemies per wave.

28 minutes ago, Victor2308 said:

So, killed more than 600 enemies level 30~45 with cerata just to get 89K of XP, because i was solo?
Looks ill have to try the "new draco" again...

Thanks Everyone

Maybe you should have made use of the Stealth mechanic. With around 100 enemies you would have (that's like 200k affinity) maxed the weapon.

Solo play doesn't punish players, only punishes those who don't know how it works.

50 minutes ago, Maicael said:

And as of right now I do believe it may be bugged and give less affinity?

8 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

[ "he/she" instead of "he", since unknown ]

You could have used "they" since it's easier

Yeeee- I don't like using the plural, it's far too formal.
I would personally prefer to use "she" since the most historically/glottologically correct, but then most people would just answer "hey Imma dude whatcha ssayin?".
So yeah. Tough :/

6 minutes ago, Vastarov said:

Yeeee- I don't like using the plural, it's far too formal.
I would personally prefer to use "she" since the most historically/glottologically correct, but then most people would just answer "hey Imma dude whatcha ssayin?".
So yeah. Tough :/

Say Tenno. xD "as the Tenno wrote"

7 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

And as of right now I do believe it may be bugged and give less affinity?

There does not seem to be anything wrong with actual affinity gain that I have noticed. Enemy levels were adjusted on planets, which has adjusted affinity gain for a lot of things, but in most cases it isn't hugely significant (except for Draco itself, but they put in another Interception node on Ceres). 

It really does come down, in most cases, to people not understanding the difference between solo affinity gain and shared affinity gain.

Solo: Weapon kills 50% weapon, 50% warframe; Warframe kills, 100% warframe; your two unwielded weapons, if equipped, gain no experience whatsoever except from objective XP or affinity pickups (the yellow tetrahedrons). 

With at least one other player in range: Your own kills work as solo, but any XP earned by another player via warframe or weapon kills is split evenly between all of your equipped weapons and your warframe. Equipping less than three weapons will therefore increase the percentage of shared affinity that goes into the weapons. 

This is absolutely how it works, and this model hasn't been altered since like update 15 or prior. What did change was there was a bonus to interception shared affinity and the shared affinity radius which was removed in Lunaro when the range was enforced again and the icons were added, and enforcing the standard shared affinity range kicked Archwing in the nuts because it wasn't accounted for (affinity sharing range is 50 meters). 

10 minutes ago, Vastarov said:

That's why you still you 'they', because if you don't know what the person is you shouldn't try to default it.

Believe me, I get too many players defaulting me as a he when they don't know that I am a she, adding that they wouldn't know beforehand anyways and it gets real tiring having to correct them. And again, it's much easier using 'they' instead of 'he/she' when you don't know their genders and stuff.

10 hours ago, Manyc said:

Say Tenno. xD "as the Tenno wrote"

That's GENIUS! Haha it's a forum meta XD

10 hours ago, That1Cactus said:

That's why you still you 'they', because if you don't know what the person is you shouldn't try to default it.

Believe me, I get too many players defaulting me as a he when they don't know that I am a she, adding that they wouldn't know beforehand anyways and it gets real tiring having to correct them. And again, it's much easier using 'they' instead of 'he/she' when you don't know their genders and stuff.

I know that feel... But "they", though correct, still sounds weird to me.
I think I'll stick with the "Tenno-meta" idea at this point, though ^_^