Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 17 Test

Lucernam

Question

How in the blazes do I complete this? There is never enough time to bounce between all the orbs that I have to melee strike and then I have to kill infested too? I've been trying to beat this blasted thing for over a week now. Can anyone help me find a way to best this test?

13 answers to this question

before you try it again i think it's valid to point out you can do it in the simaris room and it won't count as a try so you can try and retry without waiting a day;

But yea it's basically that you just have to manage your time and focus on the orbs

use a fast frame or a damaging frame, ember is really good. focus on time first, and killing enemies second. camping near the orb is a viable strategy. 

make sure through practice testing that you can kill most enemies with one slide attack. if you can strike and move, the test isn't that bad. 

try using a weapon with high reach. orthos prime, atterax, mios are good. galatine is meh, since it's really slow. you need to stay on the move for most of the test.

I feel your pain, I did the test three times before I passed and so many practice runs in the relay to prepare.

First I used Ember and her World on Fire so I didn't have to worry about killing enemies (and REALLY concentrate on where the globe appear to chase them)

Second, I used and Orthos Prime with maxed Prime Reach so I had a massive reach and could get to the globes much easier.

If you want you can even put a Rush mod on Ember to make her run and jump faster.

Good luck

42 minutes ago, Lucernam said:

Don't have Nezha. Could you go into more detail? These answers are all kind of vague...

All I did, was take on orthos P, with Primed Reach, and slide attack the entire time hitting both the infested and the orbs.

You can use any frame that's fast. I just use Nehza because he has the highest slide speed in the game.

5 hours ago, Lucernam said:

How in the blazes do I complete this? There is never enough time to bounce between all the orbs that I have to melee strike and then I have to kill infested too? I've been trying to beat this blasted thing for over a week now. Can anyone help me find a way to best this test?

Hi there, I had the same problem on PS4 until I try something different and what work for me was I kept using mirage. Then I put some thought into what's wrong & why I can't be fast. Turns out remove mods that don't help with speed & movement. I equip mods on mirage was sprint boost, power duration, all mods make warframe fast. 

I remove life,shield mods to make more for other mods. I also made sure I have a lot of energy pads. Other Tenno said focus more on orbs & kill when you have a chance. Turn out I did focus on orb & if I get one or two kill between runs and at least I made sure time didn't run out. Also remember orbs won't spawn the same way in practice or when you took the actual tests. 

Remember put on mods that made your warframe fast and ability power stronger. As for melee weapon use a melee weapon you know will strike the orb with one hit. Also practice the test to study the layout and how to move around cause I practice on movement to see what works. It took me two months and when I pass it was when I said to myself move fast for next orb. 

Good luck & you will pass it.

Edited by (PS4)slayerserenity
Use engry pads that give you 100 engry orbs & not the 25 energy orb cause you will stand there trying to get your engry up to use the ability help you kills the infested.

I just passed rank 21 test which has similar mechanism as 17 with different map and enemy type.  I did rank 21 test with Nezha, Hek, Vaykor Marelok, and Orthos Prime, but looking at my old screenshot, I did the rank 17 test with Excalibur, Soma Prime, and Vaykor Marelok (no idea what melee weapon).  I probably had max Rush and Mobilize on my Excal. I would focus on going from one orb to another and killing enemies along the way.  Once you build up enough time then it's less stressful to kill the enemies.  Pay attention to the marker that shows the orb at all time so you're not wasting your time spinning your camera like crazy looking for it.  Bring a fast frame or at least have Rush on your frame of choice, your favorite gun, preferable with large magazine so you don't need to waste time reloading, and a melee weapon that has long reach.  Oh, weapon that has syndicate proc is nice for this test but not necessary.

Definitely practice in Simaris' room to at least get familiarize with the layout of the map.  

Edited by xiaodenden
typo

I just took an Excal and focused on destroying the orbs, killing came naturally in between.

I ran to the first orb while spamming EB

Then I ran to the next orb while spamming EB

I went with this strategy until I beat the MR 17 test

Edited by NativeKiller