Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are Kubrows missing utility mods?

gluih

All sentinels can use medi-ray and guardian.

Kavats got sense danger, pounce, territorial aggresion and sharpened claws.

Kubrows are the only ones missing out on those kinds of mods. They only have their 2 abilities each, but nothing special that the other companions can't do.

At least giving them the same utility mods that Kavats are using would be nice. Right now they are just by far the worst companions, because they don't have these mods.

I'm quite happy with my kubrow. No other companion can dig up a decent amount of ammo and energy orbs. I'm willing to bet they'll get to adding kubrow specific mods. Even then, Kubrows are still more durable than Kavats or Sentinels.

2 minutes ago, Nethaufer said:

I'm quite happy with my kubrow. No other companion can dig up a decent amount of ammo and energy orbs. I'm willing to bet they'll get to adding kubrow specific mods. Even then, Kubrows are still more durable than Kavats or Sentinels.

Still, short of the Compainion AI activating peanut mode and just standing there, Kavats also move a lot more than kubrows and get shot much less. Kubrows could use a bit of a buff, as could the AI really.

18 minutes ago, Nethaufer said:

Sure all the Kubrows have their own nice things, but all the other companions also have their nice things. Like vacuum or the random effect for the new kavat, which is really powerful. They just get the other mods on top of that.

At least making them using the kavat mods as a temporary sloution would be nice.

What is the big defense advantage of kubrows compared to kavats?

Edited by gluih

Just now, gluih said:

Sure all the Kubrows have their own nice things, but all the other companions also have their nice things. Like vacuum or the random effect for the new kavat, which is really powerfel. They just get the other mods on top of that.

At least making them using the kavat mods as a temporary sloution would be nice.

What is the big defense advantage of kubrows compared to kavats?

More base health, shields, and melee damage. Kavats have only 50 and 40 health, 60 and 70 shields, and do 80 slash. Kubrows have 75, 100, 125, 110, and 125 health; have 125, 100, 75, 90, and 75 shields, and all breeds do 120 slash. It's not a whole lot, but at max level, it puts scaling more in favor of kubrows for health and shields.

Regardless, I imagine they'll be putting in some unique kubrow mods, since there was no real reason to have specific kubrow mods when it was just between them and sentinels. It's also still a matter of preference as for which some people use, I get that kavats have some more utility than kubrows at the moment, but I can't get over how cute (I find) kubrows are.

3 minutes ago, Otis.Driftwood said:

Animal instinct and Shelter can be used on kubrows and id say these 2 mods are utility

As for kubrow being the worst NO WAY these things have literally saved my butt countless times and are way more durable in high level content than ANY sentinel PERIOD.

Just that all other companions can also use animal instinct and something like shelter. Kubrows are just missing out on all the rest,

And it might be nice that you can revive a kubrow and that they can have more defensive stats. The advantage of sentinels there is that they stay with you all the time. So it's on you to jump into AoE effects and then they stay save. Carrier prime also has enough hp and armor to be more durable than a lot of warframes.

I also don't see when your kubrow can save you when a carrier couldn't do that.

And Kavats now have the same defense as kubrows and are just better overall.

6 minutes ago, Anatolius said:

I doubt they will get many utility mods because cats are suppose to be the utility pet of dogs. If the kubrow AI were better then yes they may be decent pets but utility normally trumps damage 99% of the time. 

Right now Kavats just deal a lot more damage than kubrows, so that wouldn't make any sense.

Also you can actually teach your dog to do stuff. That doesn't work so well with a cat.

I also don't think the AI is actually that bad. It can simply be hard to notice when your companion does something useful.
The only time I was frustrated with my kubrow was when it was stuck in electrified water in the uranus tile set and there was nothing I could do to get her out of it.

16 minutes ago, Nethaufer said:

More base health, shields, and melee damage. Kavats have only 50 and 40 health, 60 and 70 shields, and do 80 slash. Kubrows have 75, 100, 125, 110, and 125 health; have 125, 100, 75, 90, and 75 shields, and all breeds do 120 slash. It's not a whole lot, but at max level, it puts scaling more in favor of kubrows for health and shields.

Regardless, I imagine they'll be putting in some unique kubrow mods, since there was no real reason to have specific kubrow mods when it was just between them and sentinels. It's also still a matter of preference as for which some people use, I get that kavats have some more utility than kubrows at the moment, but I can't get over how cute (I find) kubrows are.

Isn't the really releant defense stat what the companion gets from the warframe and that's always the same?

I just hope that kubrows get their mods somewhat soon. Because I thought introducing medi-ray and not giving kubrows something similar didn't make a whole of sense to me, especially when sentinels can use animal instinct.

And yes it's pretty much about using kubrows because they look better, but I don't want to miss out on all the other mods because of that.

Btw the whole stasis thing should be changed imo. I would like to use different kubrows on different frames, but you can't just select a different loadout to do that. You have to put your current kubrow into stasis, then get the one you want out of stasis, rush the recovery and then go back to the arsenal to select the one you want. And that way a loadout that also used the companion then has an empty companion slot. I don't even care about the cost of rushing the recovery, but all the time you waste doing that is really annoying, especially when you have a squad waiting to start a mission.