Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upgrading High Rank Mods

wikkedj

Question

So I've got a weeks vacation coming next week and I'm hoping to really jam on Warframe and hopefully make the push to MR 12 (very close to 10 now).  However, another thing I'd like to work on is getting many of my mods with higher rankings like vitality, heavy caliber, etc from 7-8 to maxed.  Would the best way to do this just be farm cores for a good long while and pump them with those?  It seems like using mods to pump them after that level is futile.

Is the dark sector excavation on Pluto still the best way to farm cores?

Any additional advice that comes to mind is always welcome as well.

6 answers to this question

rare r10 mods like heavy calibar.narrow minded from rank 8-10 is a lot of farm.... looks like pluto dark sector excavation is bugged no matter how long u go u get  alwayes 6 r5 cores....after this update... or its hard cap not sure

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

The best is do sorties, and get 50 cores. IMO

That won't help OP as he can only do Sorties once every 24 hours. If that isn't bad enough; he has to sacrifice a bunch of lambs to RNG.

I'm interested in finding out if Heiracon is bugged, though, because that's my MAIN source for fusion cores - despite having to go up to 3000 Cryotic, per run, to get a decent amount of R5's. If the cap is set to 5-6, I'll have to do what I can now to farm as many as possible before the update hits consoles.

It's going to take you a very long time. I did countless Triton runs before sorties existed or the change to excavation. Best bet is to do sorties daily and then do excavation runs. You could also farm arcanes and sell them to buy legendary cores which sell for around 500p each.

48 minutes ago, wikkedj said:

However, another thing I'd like to work on is getting many of my mods with higher rankings like vitality, heavy caliber, etc from 7-8 to maxed.

You won't get "many" rank 10's maxed in a week no matter what you do.  That is a long term goal to have in the game and having proper expectations around this will help you keep your sanity and avoid burn out.

Prioritize the mods you need to rank.  Vitality #1, Serration, #2, etc.  Dump all your cores into the top priority until it is done and then move on to the next.  Over time you will finish them all.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

You won't get "many" rank 10's maxed in a week no matter what you do.  That is a long term goal to have in the game and having proper expectations around this will help you keep your sanity and avoid burn out.

Prioritize the mods you need to rank.  Vitality #1, Serration, #2, etc.  Dump all your cores into the top priority until it is done and then move on to the next.  Over time you will finish them all.

Oh for sure, that's my bad.  Probably should have said as many as I can.  I did just do....either redirection or vitality, I can't remember and I'm at work, but that wiped out most of my cores.  So yeah, if I only get one mod maxed next week it's all good.  I know it's a long term thing for all of them!