Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods Are Boring

weezedog

When it comes to mods, they are extremely boring. Your choices in mods have very little impact on playstyle within your frame. There's already too many mods that feel mandatory  i.e. Redirection, Vitality, Flow, Focus, etc. They are all boring +stat mods, and leave you with no open slots for any interesting mods anyway.

Mods should be exciting, they should offer you more interesting playstyle choices and effects not just boring stat bonuses. They should change how your abilities function or give you additional separate abilities or effects that change the playstyle.

Get rid of the = slots and bake the class spells into the frame. Every frame should get their base abilities and they should level with the frame. Get rid of Redirection, Vitality, Flow, Focus and bake them into the frames that level as the frame does.

Leave us with 6 slots and start giving us mods that make Warframe exciting and interesting. Give us mods that say "when you use this spell it will now do x, y, or z too" And those x, y, and z choices offer different play styles. Give us mods that offer completely new abilities, like the grappling hook demo'ed in the live stream. Something more than just +dmg,  +health/shields, +energy etc.

And then do the same thing for weapons.

I don't agree at all. I think the mods are pretty great. I do agree that I would like to see more gameplay changing mods. TF2 alternate weapon stats are perfect examples of the types of things that could be really cool in this game. I think once we have more mods like that it will also add interest in the way you choose the existing mods.