Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any advice for console players to prepare for SOTR?

(XBOX)JDawgg77

Question

Do PC players have any tips for console players to prepare for the changes in the latest updates?  Just wondering if there is anything that we should or shouldn't do in the meantime such as run lots of Draco or use up/save void keys, stuff like that.  Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Use all endless keys you can while you still can to stock up on ducats now, it's my understanding that Baro's prices are undergoing an adjustment so if they get lowered then it can't hurt to have some extra ducats to go with that.

If you don't already have them get Dragon Key blueprints from the market since they become clan tech.

Do all Deception Kurias now, SotR will remove deception as a game mode and they will no longer be obtainable.

Hyekka Masters drop the Kavat Segment BP so you won't need to wait the full 3 days for it to research in the dojo if you want to farm it (I did ODE).

If you're into Archwing you might need to stock up on slots.

Get any quests you want from the Market now, otherwise they're rewarded for free upon completing Junctions so I guess that comes down to personal preference.

Some shiny new stuff is added to syndicates (Archwing Parts and Sculptures(Basically Noggles)) so if you haven't started now might be a good time to save up.

If I have more I'll update the list.

- Don't buy anything from the Void before the update, prime part prices have dropped significantly.

- Prepare to be disappointed if you liked endless Void missions, they're useless now.

- Farm some argon crystals the day before the update, the Kavat segment requires some (2 if I remember correctly), and since the Void is now useless, you're better off farming while you can still get useful stuff.

- Cross your fingers and hope most of the bugs will be fixed, we still have some heavy crap going on.

Edit: two more things I just remembered:

- You'll need some nitain and cryotic for dojo research, I don't remember the details but you can check the wiki.

- Don't spend your syndicate standing before the update if you want to get archwing stuff from it.

Edited by JohnViande

9 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

We get SOTR this week?

not even close... i give it 4-6weeks at a min before consoles get it.

mostly due to the baro inventory price shuffle (not to mention other bs pc still dealing with with buggy prime tables with void rifts and such). in 2 weeks pc will have their first glimpse at the revamped baro, i see much butthurt and complaing to DE, 2weeks of behind the scenes tweaking to it and then see how the 2nd baro showing goes. hopefuly in the meantime they will make things more visible on the starchart (looks great but to much going on, on the screen it is hard to make things out.). I have a 28" monitor on my pc and have a hard time reading anything on the starchart now. tried running my vid through my 50"hd tv, again looks great but still have a hard time making things out on the starchart.

I do hope we do get something soon and keep our baro a while longer, while they work him out on pc... if for nothing else update 9 or sooner... i want my genitic freak compaion, before they screw consoles out of it (yes it may have been an unintentional thing but ever since i saw one, i want one to leave in statis to bring out so often for the WTF factor from new players, for my amusment =)     as it is i will probaly only still run carrier for farming, helios and on occasion shade, 98% of the time. unless i'm on inaros the non-floating compaions pretty much suck. (i may change my mind about kavats, from what i have seen so far, but they may only come out during fun runs with my friends)

Amesha and Elytron require a lot of polymer bundles (both the research and the building).

Get a lot of syndicate standing. The relic packs cost 20k (void key packs were 25k iirc).

Afaik you will be able to sell prime parts for 10/45/100 ducats for common/uncommon/rare parts. So if you want to maximize ducats sell the stuff thats going to be worth less and keep the stuff thats going to be worth more.

I didn't farm a lot of prime items before the update. Especially survival is a giant waste of time imo. Also a lot of the hard to get stuff is quite easy to get now.
Getting some keys might be a good idea. Hieracon is still the same, but triton isn't the same anymore. Draco is a low level survival now.