Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed

Heiner999

Question

How do i increase my speed while running - everbody is so fast.  i increased my sprint speed with mods but everybody is still faster.  And where do you find that swirl super speed thingy - i think a player dropped it maybe and we were both blazing fast to extraction ?

11 answers to this question

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

the swirl speed thing is a byproduct of Volt's ability also called speed. The ability causes a massive boost in movement ability and melee speed.

ok, but what about my regular speed??

8 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Some frames have different set sprint speeds but that likely isn't going to help if you like a certain frame obviously. As for how they move that fast, was it just sprinting? or sprinting and bullet jumping?

Bullet jumping ??  Never heard of that?

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

That might be it then. Bullet jumping is crouching then jumping causing you to have a short high velocity movement. With proper use it makes it much easier to get around areas darn fast.

I was wondering why players were running and flipping all the time - cool thanks i'll try it

20 minutes ago, Heiner999 said:

ok, but what about my regular speed??

the best mobility in Warframe is a mixture of Parkour manuevers:

Bullet Jumps, Rolls/dodges (both on the ground and in the air), Aim Gliding, Double Jumps, Wall Jumps, Et Cetera.
mastery of these tools lets you move around at significantly faster than Sprinting speeds while never slowing down. you end up 'flowing' through the map.

there is a Tutorial in the Codex for Movement, it'll show you the basics. there's much more to it though, experimentation is recommended.

Edited by taiiat

3 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

That might be it then. Bullet jumping is crouching then jumping causing you to have a short high velocity movement. With proper use it makes it much easier to get around areas darn fast.

Also let's you reach places you'd not normally be able to reach.

Movement in Warframe is sort of like chess in a way.  The skill ceiling on moving around is insanely high.  New players tend to suffer from Magikarp Syndrome in the beginning though.  They have a bunch of problems with it until they suddenly don't, and start chaining bullet jumps into wall runs, aim glides and all sorts of cool things.

Anyway, as for speed, every warframe has the same base jogging speed until they sprint, at which point you start working in the sprint speed stat on your warframe.  Some frames (Frost and Rhino) are naturally slower (15% slower than average) while others (Loki) are faster.  All can be enhanced with the Rush mod, which increases sprint speed.  Oberon is firmly in the middle of the pack, so rely on bullet jumps (Run, slide and jump while you're sliding) for extra speed.

21 minutes ago, UltimateGrr said:

Also let's you reach places you'd not normally be able to reach.

Movement in Warframe is sort of like chess in a way.  The skill ceiling on moving around is insanely high.  New players tend to suffer from Magikarp Syndrome in the beginning though.  They have a bunch of problems with it until they suddenly don't, and start chaining bullet jumps into wall runs, aim glides and all sorts of cool things.

Anyway, as for speed, every warframe has the same base jogging speed until they sprint, at which point you start working in the sprint speed stat on your warframe.  Some frames (Frost and Rhino) are naturally slower (15% slower than average) while others (Loki) are faster.  All can be enhanced with the Rush mod, which increases sprint speed.  Oberon is firmly in the middle of the pack, so rely on bullet jumps (Run, slide and jump while you're sliding) for extra speed.

Besides Rush there is also, Armored Agility, and Speed Drift that can also increase sprint speed.

There are also mods such as Maglev, which makes you slide faster and longer, Patagium and the likes.

But as the others have said, the usual combo is, slide, bullet jump, aim glide, and roll.