Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player

Dontbejello87

Question

I been reading alot about the game and whats good to do and whats not good to do. now i have supported the game and i have about 2000 plat and from what i can gather its say don't buy warframes or weapons. but slots and potatoes will not take up 2000 plat from what i can see so what am i to do with this extra plat then. 

13 answers to this question

Only buy slots and reactors/catalyst as you need them.

Don't waste plat on trash gear and sell when they're ranked, etc etc. Save the rest of the plat you have, because you're going to run out of it fast if you don't use it sparingly.

If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot me a PM or two.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

only buy slots and catalysts and reactors. imo you shouldn't buy anything from the market that you can actually get from crafting a BP, completing a quest...etc. you could buy some accessories if you like. but I'd be careful with the plat that you have, since a newbie has many temptations to spend plat on mostly non-worthy items. also you shouldn't really rush things in the foundry or anywhere else, since sometimes it's not worth it 

More slots?

A mid tier weapon pack might help give you some variety but your strength is mostly going to get built up from finding and fusing mods. Veterans will talk about this weapon being OP and that weapon being "high tier" but even if you get run through fissures to make Paris Prime or something, mods and fusion are where you'll bottleneck. Nothing in the shop really helps with that enough to be worth the plat cost IMO. I don't recommend the mod packs or fusion core packs.

If you want to drop 400-800 on a bundle there are some good ones in there. Razor Gameplay and What Stalker? are solid. The update 10 Mega Bundle comes with a Soma which can't normally be used until MR6 and is a good mid tier weapon but Nekros is the next prime so IDK if that's a good call or not. There's a Superior Soma weapon bundle that has Soma as well but I don't know if you can get that without meeting the MR requirements or not.

Edited by VKhaun

13 minutes ago, Dontbejello87 said:

I been reading alot about the game and whats good to do and whats not good to do. now i have supported the game and i have about 2000 plat and from what i can gather its say don't buy warframes or weapons. but slots and potatoes will not take up 2000 plat from what i can see so what am i to do with this extra plat then. 

Get your MR to 2 or over, and see about buying some Prime stuff from trade chat.  Prime warframes have slightly better stats than their base versions and look cool to boot, while Prime weapons have increased damage and also look cool.  Don't even bother with Primed mods, as the system enforced Trade Tax on Legendary ranked mods is 1 million credits per item you receive of that rank, and I doubt you'll have that for a while yet.

1 minute ago, Dontbejello87 said:

Right im like day 2 new lmbo but i been grindin with a friend and i really dont like the volt al that well been looking at a few videos and i like the nyx and ember that firey mage thing really excites 

Both are excellent 'frames, but keep in mind they're rather squishy.  Low armor and no damage mitigation skills outside Nyx's Chaos power.  You can farm Ember at Saturn (Surgas Ruk Assassination), while Nyx is a bit harder to pin down (Phorid assassination).

You can buy cosmetic items with the plat.

For nyx you just have to wait for an invasion that is on a boss node. The mission will then be to kill an infested boss and he drops the nyx parts.

Frost should be quite easy to get now. You can get him on ceres.

You should still consider rhino imo. He works really well when you don't have many mods/ they aren't ranked up.

18 minutes ago, Dontbejello87 said:

i like elemental damaging and more of in the background dps rather than tank warrior 

Frost and Ember are  solid picks but they just drop from bosses. It's hard to recommend spending plat on them... but then again most frames are either quest rewards or drop from bosses and enemies so meh. If you want it now get it. Impulse buy FTW.

Ember is nice because if you get tired of throwing fire magic around or it's not working for you, you can shift her build over and center it around the heat debuff Accelerant. It stuns enemies, is spammable, and it also works for heat damage from your weapons. This takes a lot of pressure off learning the damages and resistances. Just burn everything with heat damage and if it doesn't burn fast enough throw some Accelerant on it.

If I started from scratch tomorrow with 2,000 plat I'd probably impulse buy Ember and Vauban for variety and utility. Maybe that new Amesha archwing as well.

Edited by VKhaun

2 hours ago, Dontbejello87 said:

Things to spend 2000 plat on:

• Potatoes, but not forma (forma from fissures)
  • Inventory slots. Never enought of it.
  • Cosmetics, colour pallete, delux skins, syndanas. What is your taste,.
  • Warframes or things which you tried to farm but then realised it is nighmare and not fun for you, some suggestion: Ivara, Atlas, Mesa, Vauban, Nezha. Equinox. Also aircraft, Xiphos is boring to get.
  • Eximus adapters.. you can get from doing quests for Similaris. But if you consider it boring. Buy it for frames you need it. .

Do not recomend buying weapons with plat, they are easy enought to farm and these very hard are not that good

Be careful with trading. Check Warframe Market (google it) for price check. A lot of scammers.

As for advice there are two types of ppl:

1. Willing to farm 40h so they can save 5$
  2. Willing to spend 5$ so they have 40h of fun.

Ember and Nyx are not grindy at all. Warframe Wiki how to get them. Both are good.

Get carrier sentinel, never miss loot ;-)

Weapons: Zhuge, Sonicor, Dual Zoren are perfect starters.

Edited by felixsylvaris