Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PVP = Training Ground

Strac_CRO

Some people want some sort of PVP so I was thinking how developers could easily solved that "problem" at this stage of game's development.

One player would host PVP traning match and must (can) select:

1. one of the big rooms from grinner/corpus levels (that huge hungars) so the developers don't have to make new, specifically for pvp made, levels (all doors to other rooms are lock-closed)

2. this is only training (simulation of combat - practise) for tenno warriors so no XP/Affinity will be awarded after the match or any other items or weapons level up etc.

3. number of warriors in deathamtch 2-12

4. level/rank restriction ON/OFF with selecting of alllowed ranks (egzample: warframe's rank min.lvl.5 - max.lvl.8)

5. special skills ON/OFF (at this stage of game skills are probably very unbalanced in warframe_vs_warframe so PVP would only be with primary+secondary+melee weapons)

this could be some kind of beta PVP, the most important part is point 2. = no XP/affinity of any kind, it's not real combat with real deaths, only tenno's warframes practicing

Edited by Strac_CRO

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

/thread

yeap, I was expecting you and with that specific reply

However my suggestion is constructive and can be made quickly without disrupting game's soldiers/weapon level-up system or slowing down creation of PVE (which is dev's main goal for now).

And it would still warm-up some players for some extra playtime instead of just grinding

I personally don't need PVP, I'm still on Mercury trying to figure out difference between white-green-blue attachments (mods) and the system to see real wepon's stats after upgrading it

Edited by Strac_CRO

yeap, I was expecting you and with that specific reply

Too much credit, good sir. But thank you for the flowers. If you know the developer's stance, why'd you post?

However my suggestion is constructive and can be made quickly made disrupting game level-up system or slowing down creation of PVE (as a dev's main goal for now).

<insert longwinded explanation on how suggesting something that was dismissed in a FAQ is pointless and YAPT* here>

* Yet Another PvP Thread

Too much credit, good sir. But thank you for the flowers. If you know the developer's stance, why'd you post?

Because some people like to discuss the potential of these things.

And because nothing is set in stone.

OP: A Training program would be the way to go to not break lore, I've suggested it msyelf a few times. However, if they were to do it at some point I'd like a fully realised pvp, a game you can choose to play by itself, something that award xp and progression.

It's unlikely to happen, and I'm fine if it doesn't, but there is undeniable potential for it.

"If you know the developer's stance, why'd you post?"

because by some forum posts I see some players are getting bored, they are just grinding and without real challenge they might leave the game too soon

The devs are working on lots of things:

New environments (one coming very soon, before feb)

New frames, weapons, items.

New competitive modes within the pve framework: timed leader boards, clan contest, etc...

And plenty of other things.

This game will continue to grow, and in a few months we'll likely have the kind of content that is much more replayable than the foundation we have now. I'm not worried about the future of Warframe.

Because some people like to discuss the potential of these things.

1. How much more could you possibly discuss this? This has been going on for over 5 weeks now.
  2. Why does it need new threads? It's the same idea, over and over again, with the same problems.
  3. I am denying the potential, because potential is imbued energy that can be released. Exothermic reactions can be started and finish with their potential, you don't have to keep adding energy. Endothermic reactions require you to keep adding energy to finish. Their potential is negative. PvP has negative potential - without effort, this game is not ready for PvP.

So tired of this topic. It's always the same, using the same fallacies and made-up arguments, the same unproven conclusions and the same assumptions. Insanity is repeating the same action over and over again and expecting different results.

Edited by Ced23Ric

1. How much more could you possibly discuss this? This has been going on for over 5 weeks now.
  2. Why does it need new threads? It's the same idea, over and over again, with the same problems.
  3. I am denying the potential, because potential is imbued energy that can be released. Exothermic reactions can be started and finish with their potential, you don't have to keep adding energy. Endothermic reactions require you to keep adding energy to finish. Their potential is negative. PvP has negative potential - without effort, this game is not ready for PvP.

So tired of this topic. It's always the same, using the same fallacies and made-up arguments, the same unproven conclusions and the same assumptions.

Then simpoly ignore the topics and let people discuss it on their own, just like any topic you glance over and don't contribute to. It does you no harm by being there, let others discuss what they want and go about your day!

Insanity is repeating the same action over and over again and expecting different results.

I really hope you can see the irony of this FC3 quote and the fact you're doing nothing but repeating yoruself every time a thread about pvp gets made...

Edited by Zakalwe

@ Ced23Ric ... with the exothermic, entropy and other philosophies aside

Most of the friends I informed about this game come from BF series (BF play4free, BF Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3)

Once they saw there is no PVP they left. F***!

I think the game is great, I even didn't play COOP yet, only singleplayer.

@ Ced23Ric ... with the exothermic, entropy and other philosophies aside

Most of the friends I informed about this game come from BF series (BF play4free, BF Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3)

I think the game is great, I even didn't play COOP yet, only singleplayer.

There's no denying pvp would attract more, but then many people here consider the pvp crowd to be detrimental (even though I've met my fair share of the types they want to avoid in game in Warframe and on the forums already).

But, saying that, this game will definitley fill a niche. ME3's co-op MP proved that there was a market for this kind of focus. It came out as a tagged on mode lacking in content, and its popularity boosted the develpment behind it. The problem that Warfram has it it's not a massive IP that millions will gravtitate towards, it's a tiny game from a relatively forgotten studio. However, its strength is that it's a fresh IP (or at least a fresh take on an old one), and that it is a PC focused title.

Hopefully the quality of the content and word of mouth will bring enough people in to float it, I*'m not too concenred about that though. The qulaity of the content so far and the obvious care the dev put in installs confidence.

Edited by Zakalwe

FC3 quote

Seriously?

EinsteinInsanity.jpg

I hope they will find a different game to have fun in. That's okay.

But, saying that, this game will definitley fill a niche.

I agree - by giving us a new, fresh take on the cooperative dungeon crawler, which has a large target audience, as proven by many titles in the past.

Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

Yeah, I have to agree with DESteve, there is a lot of PvP out there, it's really refreshing to me to play a game where I don't have to worry about "Noobdestroyer2000" stomping all over me or "IluvBalls" being a jerk over chat or voice comm.*

I wouldn't be against them adding PvP for those who like it (I wouldn't play it a lot) but agree the focus should be on PvE for now.

*Note: those usernames are made up and any resemblance to real or fictional people is purely accidental

Edited by cypherhalo

Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

Yeah, I have to agree with DESteve, there is a lot of PvP out there, it's really refreshing to me to play a game where I don't have to worry about "Noobdestroyer2000" stomping all over me or "IluvBalls" being a jerk over chat or voice comm.*

I wouldn't be against them adding PvP for those who like it (I wouldn't play it a lot) but agree the focus should be on PvE for now.

*Note: those usernames are made up and any resemblance to real or fictional people is purely accidental

Just saying, after years of playing BF3, Team Fortress 2, Halo PC, and many, many other pvp shooters, I've met an equal amount of those kinds of people in Warframe. So many times I've read:

"Nice foudners skin, how does it feel to have to buy skill?"

"Noob, what are you doing with a snipetron lol!"

"Why are you exploring the ship, it's a waste of time learn to play the game noob!"

And so on...

The ratio of idiot to decent player doesn't discriminate between types of game, it seems.

cypherhalo "...I wouldn't be against them adding PvP for those who like it (I wouldn't play it a lot) but agree the focus should be on PvE for now..."

Just like me, but adding some type of PVP may attract more players and expand player base, nobody is forcing people to play all the modes.

Difference between this TPS games and others is "free2play" model.

You don't have to buy the game first only to discover you're not interested, like my case with Mass Effect 1 and Gears of Wars.

I'm not interested in TPSs like Mass Effect 1-3, Gears of Wars1-3, Dead Space 1-3, Lost Planet 1-3 etc. I'm more of a FPSs player and flight simulators yet I'm still here. Intrigued with this TPS f2p.

If I bought it first, I would probably play for 1 hour and give it or sell it away.

Edited by Strac_CRO

Did you like Diablo, Torchlight, Sacred and other Dungeon Crawlers? Because this is what you are playing here, with a TPS engine.

PvP doesn't work with Warframe from the networking alone. It's peer-to-peer. That means, small groups, latency disparities and instable connections and host migrations. How do you want to play Deathmatch in Warframe, if one player has a ping of 0 and the others have a ping of 450? Dedicated servers would mitigate that. Who pays those? Who maintains those? Who rewrites the way Warframe connects to sessions, changing the entire network structure?

With the current way things are running, Ced23Ric is right. You guys kjnow the dev's stance on the subject, and discussing it would only waste time and energy, there are much more productive things you could talk about that could actually improve the game. The devs know you want it, and they'll maybe do it once they feel good about how well PvE is doing.

But for now, there are much higher things to discuss, and these threads are taking away attention from those.

Ced23Ric is right. You guys kjnow the dev's stance on the subject, and discussing it would only waste time and energy, there are much more productive things you could talk about that could actually improve the game.

Why does it bother you what others discuss? Just let them. I don't want pvp, but I enjoy discussinhg the potential because I enjoy discussing these things, and I give plenty of feedback on what is more realistic for the game's development, so do many other people who discuss the potential for pvp.

You guys really do need to stop busting everyone's balls just because you think you know what's best, it's getting really tiring and making this place come across as pretty elitist at times.

But for now, there are much higher things to discuss, and these threads are taking away attention from those.

Who's attention? I still read all the other threads, I still contribute to everything else. I find it ironic, actually, pvp threads always end up with the usual suspects drowning the discussion with posts of "you don't know what's good for Warframe", and so on... if you guys think these threads are detrimental, then ignore them and and take your own advice and flaot the topics you consider more relevant.

There's enough room on the forums to discuss everything.

Edited by Zakalwe

With the current way things are running, Ced23Ric is right. You guys kjnow the dev's stance on the subject, and discussing it would only waste time and energy, there are much more productive things you could talk about that could actually improve the game. The devs know you want it, and they'll maybe do it once they feel good about how well PvE is doing.

I see the FAQ was already quoted, but again, make sure you check it out:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5898-warframe-faq/

/Lock.