Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty And Differences: Size Vs. Type

FLSH_BNG

I feel that this video directly addresses several issues that we all, as players, have had with the game.

Almost all difficulty in this game is derived from simply making the enemies bigger in all regards: More health, stronger shields, and more powerful weapons. But from any standpoint, level 1 enemies aren't really any different from level 60 enemies. They do the same things in the same situations. The difficulty only progresses linearly and doesn't force the player adopt any new play styles. This repetitiveness will only hold a players interest for so long before they get bored.

I know that DE is working on providing a new variety of enemies that will be able to change situations just by their presence and I applaud them for it.

I want to hear other players and even DE's opinions on the matter.

What do you think about the current difficulty curve?

What would you like to see?

The intended purpose of this thread is to discuss ways of preventing the game from becoming too repetitive and break up the grind when it becomes obvious that it's been going on too long at a time. Hopefully, we will be able to help contribute something positive that DE can use to improve the game in a way that we can all agree makes it better.

Thoughts?

everything gets repetitive in these types of games. haveing things change at some point is an improvement but then you are stuck in THAT level of repetitiveness as well. there is little incentive to go back in that and doing so usually means you are more powerful and difficulty is out the window anyhow.

a change does not imply an improvement. you are just "the same" at that point as well.

that being said, something does need to happen. while i just finished bashing it, it would be nice to see new behavior or skills or abilities of some sort for later levels. or for that new harder difficulty they have talked about.

even the most intricate and well thought out raids that you can only do once a week (in WoW) get repetitive in short order. and having everything just go topsy-turvy and mobs doing random things will be hard but in a negative way. and hoping for more from their AI can only get you so far. that stuff is hard to code.

there are three variables that involve difficulty. the player, the situation, and the enemy. the key is in balancing all 3 to get the best result. and to their credit it seems like they are putting effort into all three.

Edited by MetalGerbil

there are three variables that involve difficulty. the player, the situation, and the enemy. the key is in balancing all 3 to get the best result. and to their credit it seems like they are putting effort into all three.

cant balance the player. not in our total-noob-that-thinks-he-is-super-pro-thus-cant-improve times

u can force situation happen but who knows what can happen

easiest way is to balance enemy and its behavior so it will force right situations

but yeah high lvl missions need more enemy types that must not be in low lvls

Edited by Pro3Display

Hi,

I'm astonished by the first post because I precisely made the opposite observation.

It seemed to me that both for players and ennemies, the weapons power increases more than health and shields as you evolve through the game.

Which means that fewer hits are necessary to kill or be killed on Pluton than Mercury, at corresponding levels of course.

Am I wrong ?

It's true that the Void missions are an exception though. :)

Moreover, there already are new types of ennemies as you progress through the maps, and it's a good thing.

In the ideal case, I would prefer having ennemies with intrinsic levels, meaning that the level of an ennemy can't change if it has the same aspect. But of course it would require a ton of different ennemies, it seems undoable.

They need to work on the scaling. for people who solo this content near the 30+ mark is way too hard. There are too many enemies on screen, the weapons aren't all that good, ammo is limited. It's way too difficult. I have tried to play with others a few times and they just plow through the content to the point I don't have any good memories about this game like I would others. When I solo, I truly have fun but like I said the higher end content is way too hard. It's ridiculous how many enemies attack, how many are shielded and stunning me and my powers maxed out aren't even hurting anything really...