Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't know what to do next

(XBOX)NoLimitJoey

Question

I'm a mastery 3 3/4 of my way to mastery 4. I got a maxed out Ivara, volt, Rhino, boltor, mk1-Paris, mk1- kunai, Gram, and mk1- bo Im 1 mod away from finishing my Ivara build but that's really it I don't got any good cards except for the ivara build. I want to grind in the void but I don't got any good weapons and the weapons I have now don't really do much so what weapons should I get or should I do something else?

11 answers to this question

Just take it slowly.

Play the game,  open up the starchart, get used to the game.

Void grinding might be too early for you, yet.

You will naturally obtain better gear, mods as you play the game.

Again, take it slowly. No need to rush.

Edited by NativeKiller

If you enjoy melee I highly advise getting the Galatine and going melee only. It made my journey from Mastery rank 3 to 14 (17 now), all the more fun. In fact, I advise trying melee only. It really helps you understand and get better at movement and positioning.

Here are some frames that you can farm from bosses:

Valkyr, Loki, Ember, Excalibur, Mag, Nova, and Trinity. Those are probably the easiest ones to obtain just by farming bosses. Maybe do some quests such as Natah which is a prerequisite for The Second Dream, which, imo, is one of the best quests in any game I've ever played. But like NativeKiller said, take it slow and try not to burn yourself out. Valkyr is a good melee frame and I would also take Woofsie's advice and get the galatine. It's a great weapon. You'll casually climb through Mastery Ranks and even though it might take some time you'll be up and running and ready for void missions in no time.

38 minutes ago, (XB1)NoLimitJoey said:

I'm a mastery 3 3/4 of my way to mastery 4. I got a maxed out Ivara, volt, Rhino, boltor, mk1-Paris, mk1- kunai, Gram, and mk1- bo Im 1 mod away from finishing my Ivara build but that's really it I don't got any good cards except for the ivara build. I want to grind in the void but I don't got any good weapons and the weapons I have now don't really do much so what weapons should I get or should I do something else?

1. You may pick  Frost. It is good frame for defense.
  2. Easy weapons: Zhuge, Sonicor, Dual Zoren (but boltor is ok) Every weapon is better when you put Catalyst on it.
  3. Not sure how look XB prices of prime parts. But farming some prime junk and trading it for one of prime primary (Soma, Braton, Burston) and melee (Orthos, Scindo, Kamas) could be a option. They should cost like 30p anyway.
  4. Get carrier sentinel. It will help with loot.

If you are completly lost what to do then unlocking all starchart, getting all warframes and doing all story quests is general guidance.

If you like paris, try getting aiming for paris prime, it'll last you the whole game with a potato and some forma. Until then, try latron, vectis or normal paris for an upgrade from mk1-paris. soma is also good if you got vital sense and point strike mods already. Dual zoren is a great low requirement melee too. You should have gotten a furis bp so make a single handed furis and try trading chat for winds of purity mod, it prettymuch turns furis into a pocket medic. Carrier sentinel will help farming stuffs abit, i dont recommend sticking to it once youre settled though, go for smeeta kavat once its out on xbox1!

Apart from that, just keep playing whatever. you're bound to accumulate more mods and resources just by playing.

Also join a clan if you havent, preferably an active one with an alliance.

I would work on unlocking the start chart and gaining mastery.   Mastery will unlock those weapons that make progress possible.

A clan's store lets you get a lot of nice weapons and a few frames and sentinels.  These really help get through the early levels. 

A maxed out ivara can stealth forever.  With that and a half decent melee weapon, you can farm things way, way above your gear level.  Its cheesy, but you can do endless survivals for hours on end, against grineer.  Corpus can make you appear and then you die.  Infested can gas you even when hidden so you can't farm too high a level even with a health regen aura until you get some health and such (Im assuming you have limited health still due to health mod taking a while to rank up?).   Go ahead and use her to open the map, get some alert mods, farm some relics, etc.

Get some cash and bust some low level cabbages so you can afford baro's mods when he comes around.  Youll get forma and other goodies too.  Might even put together a prime item, but I wouldn't focus on that right off.

Playstyles vary, but the one weapon I would argue is worth its weight in plat at MR 4 is sobek.   I still use it, with a bunch of forma I have 11k or so damage "on paper" per shot.  It works on anything on the map, and only struggles on endless missions vs stupidly high armor.  

5 hours ago, (XB1)NoLimitJoey said:

your mastery rank is really low, theres alot you can do to increase it, if you wana get to the void you can just finish the starmap to get to every location. also warframe is a team based game so try to get all the frames for various scenarios, there are quest where you unlock some of the stuff the game offers. take a look at your codex you can see tons of stuff you can have by playing the game. the highest mastery rank so far is mr22 if im not mistaken. just take it easy and play the game, i frankly dont know why you are rushing to get to the void.

8 hours ago, jonnin said:

A maxed out ivara can stealth forever.  With that and a half decent melee weapon, you can farm things way, way above your gear level.  Its cheesy, but you can do endless survivals for hours on end, against grineer.  Corpus can make you appear and then you die.  Infested can gas you even when hidden so you can't farm too high a level even with a health regen aura until you get some health and such (Im assuming you have limited health still due to health mod taking a while to rank up?).   Go ahead and use her to open the map, get some alert mods, farm some relics, etc.

All good advice.  The trick to using Ivara in survival against Corpus and infested is really simple.  Go solo.  While in Prowl she doesn't set off the normal reactions of the enemies.  So less if any gas from the Infested.  No Bursa from Corpus, but you would still have to watch out for combus/scrambus and nullifiers.  

Also, avoid shotguns with Ivara as none of the shotgun mods work with her Artemis Bow and they don't have silence mods.  

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

All good advice.  The trick to using Ivara in survival against Corpus and infested is really simple.  Go solo.  While in Prowl she doesn't set off the normal reactions of the enemies.  So less if any gas from the Infested.  No Bursa from Corpus, but you would still have to watch out for combus/scrambus and nullifiers.  

Also, avoid shotguns with Ivara as none of the shotgun mods work with her Artemis Bow and they don't have silence mods.  

Shotguns do have a silence mod now, but yeah, shotgun mods don't work with the Artemis Bow.

I would recommend at least trying a clan at this point...if for nothing else other than the research on new weapons to help your mastery progress.

I am a Guide of the Lotus on Xbox.  Hit me up with any questions you have.  Don't just send me an invite however as I may not recognize the name.  

PM me in game, catch me at the vesper relay or I can often be found in trade chat.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:52 AM, DatDarkOne said:

I carry a healing aura for infested,  which counters the slow drain that you will get from gas over a long mission.  

Corpus, the guys with shields are easy... you can move and shoot until you drop them.   Its the guys on roller skates that can pull you out of stealth without a lot of warning that I find deadly.  Everything else is simple enough.

I said it was easy but I do need to add that you need to get the power per second drain of prowl down to 1 or less.   That might take a mod or two that you don't have yet...   and a good pool of power to support it...  so shes not totally new player friendly, but time you farmed her, youll have these things...