Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best damage type for frozen enemies

k05h

Question

I have been playing Frost for a while now. When I freeze enemies they will take less damage from my primary and secondary but I can shatter some frozen enemies with meelee. I just do not get it how this works. Do I need to apply blast damage to shatter frozen enemies with primaries and secondaries?

5 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, k0Sh_wf said:

I have been playing Frost for a while now. When I freeze enemies they will take less damage from my primary and secondary but I can shatter some frozen enemies with meelee. I just do not get it how this works. Do I need to apply blast damage to shatter frozen enemies with primaries and secondaries?

I don't know if I'll be much use, but Impact Damage : Enemy ratio might have something to do with it. My melee is modded so it can proc Ice and Radiation. I usually don't experience much of an issue...Then again, Radiation damage turns other enemies against the radiated one, so...

hmm, thats weird, cause usually when enemies are frozen by your ultimate, they receive an armor reduction as qouted from the wiki

Frozen enemies have their armor reduced by 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% for the duration of the freeze.

, so if anything, you'll deal more damage, also you can pretty much shatter them by just killing them with anything

1 hour ago, Varacal said:

hmm, thats weird, cause usually when enemies are frozen by your ultimate, they receive an armor reduction as qouted from the wiki

, so if anything, you'll deal more damage, also you can pretty much shatter them by just killing them with anything

I will run some tests tonight but it seems my corrosive damage is totally ignored when armored enemies are frozen. I will also test different flight speeds of weapons. 

16 minutes ago, k0Sh_wf said:

it seems my corrosive damage is totally ignored when armored enemies are frozen

How much Strength do you have? At 250%, you remove all Armor
and thus (I think) Corrosive damage stops giving that 75% damage bonus against Ferrite Armor'd doods.