The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty Just Too Hard For Solo Or Duo Playstyle

ShimmerDoll

No multishot. Says all.

Also, this game, including levels and mobs/bosses, is designed around 4 player coop.

If you really want to do the work of four players with equipment that is 50% less effective (lacking multishot) it's no wonder you have trouble.

The problem is less about difficulty and more about tedium.

I can 1-shot most enemies even on higher-level missions, yet I still very seldom solo because 1-shoting each of the 20 enemies firing at me (with more coming in every few seconds) simply becomes too tedious for me to continue most of the time. I just end up getting bogged down.

Edited by Aeshi

With a Rhino, you can tank pretty tough enemies, the Ember is awesome for soloing infested defense missions. I don't see any problems here with your warframe choices. Defense missions are famous for dropping loads of mods, so just farm those.

The place you are looking for to farm can be found on the planet Eris, the mission is Xini.

I'm not making any troll comments. Can't someone just post these days without people being a jerk and treating me like the enemy? I'm just saying what I said.

As for the mods I use the other people asked - serration, piercing hit, speed trigger and the crit ones. i don't have split shot or whatever the rifle multi is.  As for frames,  I use the frames I like and enjoy playing.

No such thing buddy, i asked what you were using, weapons, frame and mods.... and you didn't want to explain.... even now, you are not giving any useful info (since mods without their rank are not much info to really asses the situation). So you got only yourself to blame :/

Further down you say you use Ember..... do you get killed with Ember using Overheat ?

Also, the most common mods are not the crit ones, usually one goes for dmg, multishot and elementals (crits are usually forma luxury or only on some weapons and still under debate)...... speed trigger depends on the weapon... which you are yet to tell us

You are just to incompetent than. It's not the difficulty thats too high, it's your skill that's too low. Or your equipment. Or both.

You can rofl stomp T3 Void missions alone. Those missions are so easy, it's not even close to a challenge.

You cannot seriously complain about the difficulty being to high when you are simply too weak to play those missions. Get stronger and they are easy.

Edited by Buddlschlumpf

I'm not making any troll comments. Can't someone just post these days without people being a jerk and treating me like the enemy? I'm just saying what I said.

As for the mods I use the other people asked - serration, piercing hit, speed trigger and the crit ones. i don't have split shot or whatever the rifle multi is. As for frames, I use the frames I like and enjoy playing.

From what you've said, I take it you don't play defense or mobile defense much due to being solo?
If that's true then I can somewhat see what your problem is.

A lot of mods drop in defense and mobile defense - like 15-20+ each time and regular defense. If those 400 hours were spent doing solo raids, etc. Then you probably wouldn't have made much progress towards your gear. I only have around 130ish hours myself, but I am able to solo T2 voids with my Loki without using any abilities. I have all 3 types of multishots, but maybe RNG just loves me or I farmed the correct way.

All stages are soloable depending on gear. Defense ones can also be solo'd, but would probably require a specific warframe or setup to do and only up to a certain level.

Also, if those are your only mods, I assume you haven't used a orokin catalyst on it(who am I kidding? 400hours!), which is highly recommended. If you don't have at least 1 weapon with 60 mod points, all elemental mods, damage, and multishot, that's probably your problem - which stems from not doing defense or being very unlucky, but I assume it's the former. Regular defense also has a decent chance of giving the multishot mods as of the last patch. I have only found a single rifle multishot after 90 hours in from a random drop in kappa, but the rest of the ones I found were defense rewards post patch (then found another off a boss drop after I already had the 3 different ones).

I'm calling this one a clear troll too, no way you can have 400 hours in and no way you can run out of ammo on lv30 mobs at Void.

Give us a screenshot of your mod loadout and a screenshot from your account where it shows your playtime.

As for the mods I use the other people asked - serration, piercing hit, speed trigger and the crit ones. i don't have split shot or whatever the rifle multi is.  As for frames,  I use the frames I like and enjoy playing.

What frames are you using? When I solo a hard area I run with my Rhino or Frost with maxed out defensive mods and I use my most powerful weaponry. Solo is supposed to be difficult. That's the fun and the challenge of it, expect to have to change out your build to counter it.

If you're sad that you can't run and gun your way through the hardest content solo, in any frame you want then it's kind of a no-brainer.

Don't worry about it guys, I took care of it. Instead of assuming a troll, or trying to figure it out in forum, I went ahead and got in game to help BloodDoll out.

Some of you need to chill out.

Good job to those of you that at least tried to make a feasible attempt at figuring out what was wrong or tried to help.

BloodDoll at the expense of possibly being taken in by a troll I will tell you exactly what you should do based on your equipment or lack there of. First off even if you don't have the right mods you have a good Frame in Rhino, work on building his shields then go to Mercury system and the planet Caloris. It is a low grade Graneer exterminate mission you can farm mods and resources there with minimum risk to yourself. This is where I always go to rank up a beginning frame or test out how a weapon works. Once I get them to rank up I do a exterminate on Utor in the Mars system once again for mods and resources. Once that is done (by the way all these I've said I've done solo) I then do a defense mission on Io in the Jupiter system, which by the way earns you a lot of mods and resources not to mention credits and xp this is solo as well. The way you do this is stand on the crate next to the pod and shoot down at them. Now in all honesty if you can't do these missions then you are doing something really wrong or to be more direct your really really bad at this game. 

Oh wow. At a little over 200 hours clocked in the game, I've been playing this game with one or two friends for 90% of my playtime. The only place we ever had any problems was back when we were really weak and in our starter frames.

It's not the game, it's you. If after 400 hours played you didn't rack up a good amount of fusion cores to upgrade those mods with, then maybe it's time to rethink what missions you're playing and how you can get better stuff. You're also a grandmaster which further boggles the mind.

Upgrade your mods. Always upgrade your mods to at least rank 5. Don't use crit mods, they suck. Supercharge your weapons and warframes. That's the key to making the game easy. At the current level of content, between me and my sentinel nothing can prove to be a challenge anymore before Wave 15 of a defense mission and possibly Void T3.

Lotta elitist attitudes going on... the game should definitely be able to adjust itself better for solo play. You shouldn't have to be a pro with 400 hours logged and the exact setup the guys on a forum think you should have, just to get by, the game should account for varying levels of skill and playstyle. It's pretty damn terrible at doing that if you ask me.

Edited by MidianGTX

Lotta elitist attitudes going on... the game should definitely be able to adjust itself better for solo play. You shouldn't have to be a pro with 400 hours logged and the exact setup the guys on a forum think you should have, just to get by, the game should account for varying levels of skill and playstyle. It's pretty damn terrible at doing that if you ask me.

it's not about elitilist,

solo should NEVER be easy in a game that wants to have co-op,

and I don't know about you but this guy is clearly using irony, to say the game is too easy...

Any difficulty is fine for me.

Nerf weapon, warframe skill etc. is fine for me. I can adapt and practice.

EXCEPT today alert mission.

Gaia (Earth): Corrosive Projection (Artifact) + 6800cr | 62m

Lotus inform me about big guy is coming. Just 6-8 sec after that ... mission failed. Last thing I saw? one fire ball is hitting the artifact. And two more is coming from that cute bubble eyes with a red suit. (Screwed you) mumble to myself, I quickly try using my body as a shield but failed badly.

"Mission Failed" wave2 and wave4 two times in a row. "I'm not that unskillful" I close the game. Give up reward. Then here I am, in this forum. For the first time sharing "My Moment" to other awesome + respectful player.

I'm using banshee and trustworthy dethcube rapidfire to slow down and pinpoint enemy location. I'm also have 55m enemy radar 25(mod)+30(artifact). Latron prime as primary and Bronco as secondary.

Yes, I can get away if I use Mag shield polarize on the artifact to replenish its shield.

Yes, I can use decoy(Loki) or Molt(Saryn) but it must be place at the right direction before hand ,where that red globe fish gonna spawn.

Yes, I can use snow globe(frost) to block it right away.

My point is... no matter how's quick wit you are nor good gear you have. You CANNOT do anything in the situation that I am in.

Except using those warframe.

Very frustrate. This is not about hard or bad equipment anymore.

Just my two sweet roll.

PS. I swear if I see those red globe fish again. I'm gonna push them to the ground. Use my beloved babeQ stick. Stapping them till they cries.

What? You can't deal with enemies with only level 30?

Is that a joke?

If it isn't, go farm for mods and upgrade them.

I can solo it with a weapon&frame without a potato.

Many players, including me, can kill them in one shot.

The only level I won't solo, even if I could,  is T3 exterminate, because it wastes lots of ammo and time to do so.

I always look for others to help me out in T3 missions as I want to share and it's less time consuming.

Edited by PachTrick

I wish it were possible to see what your load out was like. Its not the game failing to be soloable, it sounds more like your gear might not be up to the task, as I've had zero problem soloing any of the content I have done, including T3 voids.... (btw, they only go up to T3 so far)

I'd also love to see the person's profile in game.  I have solo'ed everything, and at times while leveling equipment, this game is anything but hard... and certainly not impossible for solo play as the OP describes.

This sounds like either what you're pointing out Zeally that this person has a poorly put together loadout, or they simply are a less skilled player, in either case, changing of the games difficulty to make it easier is not the solution.  If anything this game should get progressively harder.

3 and 4 which I need to do. I only solo or duo and it's insanely hard and always impossible. Lotus always wants them all dead and I am at the extraction point unable to leave with what I could kill. There is just too many enemies on screen and my aim is awesome but the amount of bullets it takes to bring down some things is too much solo, when the room is flooding with enemies that get shielded and all that stuff you already know about. I play alot of shooters and I never have trouble like this. The game feels solid until I hit this 30+ mark with enemies. Defense missions have always been a problem for me. It's just too difficult.

Theres no such thing as T4 keys yet... and it isnt so difficult as much as you are underprepared for it. T3 is very soloable.. you just need the right mods. The REASON why it feels solid before 30+ is because you don't really need to have GOOD quality mods before then.