Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Peaceful Provocation or Rhino's Roar?

Tujika

Question

Hello!

Just a "simple" question I'm wondering about for a while, which buff do you think is better? (Talking about Equinox's day 3rd)
I honestly can't decide, seems like both is equally(not intended) good for someone like quake banshee (or bad/not even useful), but I'd like to hear what you think.

(Also off, but I don't want to spam the forums with questions: Is quake banshee viable for Berehynia runs -aka new Draco- or there's a better team I don't know about? Got a guy saying that my banshee is s*** because it can only kill 400 enemies/round with Rhino's buff, then I tested it without buff and I still got like 370 kills and that's why I started wondering if Rhino's buff is even useful or I'm just not doing something right.)

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Roar is a flat damage buff, should always come out ahead

Equinox gives 80% power strength (energy channel has no effect)

Roar gives 149.5% increased damage (energy channel untested)

The largest impact by far on your damage as a Banshee, will be 4x Corrosive projection removing armor.

On old Draco, Quake banshee was always the worst of the farm frames, pulling less kills than Excal, Nezha and far less than Saryn.  

it takes a full 20 seconds to ramp up to full damage, and requires 3-4 breaks to regain a full mana pool.

Edited by Tatersail

Equinox's provoke buffs power str while rhino's roar only affects damage iirc, so while provoke and roar both buff damage provoke is better for caster frames like banshee overall.
No idea about the new draco thing or its level range but banshee's quake damage is not that high to begin with. You can build her for damage but offensive oriented frames will still out-damage her with similar build.
If you insist though get the quake augment atleast.

Rhinos buff is stronger but pp equinox takes energy on power use at about 3 or 5 energy per power. Rhino has set duration while equinox is switched on or off and needs to be built up (It is quick though). But i would prefer pp equinox due to the combo effects with maim and rage, and is more energy efficient than a full powered roar.

Edited by (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson

32 minutes ago, Yoruno said:

Equinox's provoke buffs power str while rhino's roar only affects damage iirc, so while provoke and roar both buff damage provoke is better for caster frames like banshee overall.
No idea about the new draco thing or its level range but banshee's quake damage is not that high to begin with. You can build her for damage but offensive oriented frames will still out-damage her with similar build.
If you insist though get the quake augment atleast.

not how it works

Power strength is quite bad. adding only 1% to quake and 1% to each stack per point.

Meanwhile rhino is adding 1.5x to the final damage

a fully augmented Equinox gets a base banshee to  3880/s, rhino gets to 5500/s

Rhino buff also scales with a players power strength, where Equinox only adds to it.  so a 100+ str banshee would get far more from rhino.  

Napkin maths but with a +139% str build (239% in game weird UI) which is all you can put on with Overextended you deal 5258 damage/s at 100m.  80% str from Equinox adds 1680/s to that, 298 str  Rhino adds 7887/s.

this makes rhino a clear winner!

Banshee's quake with augment is one of the highest damage ultimates, but its blast damage. with 4x CP, full strength rhino and nova debuff you should see 26,000/s aoes across 100m....   and its still... less effective than Saryn, Excal, et al :(  I assume there is some spawn mechanic at play, or the 3x breaks with 20s ramp up time mid waves count.

Edited by Tatersail

Just now, Tatersail said:

not how it works

Power strength is quite bad. adding only 1% to quake and 1% to each stack per point.

Meanwhile rhino is adding 1.5x to the final damage

a fully augmented Equinox adds gets a base banshee to  3880, rhino gets to 5500

When i say overall im also counting in sonar, assuming the squad isnt sitting back chilling and banshes uses her sonar once in a while.

Thank you for the answers, seems like Rhino is better for most things and  quake banshee isn't as effective as Saryn or Excalibur. Which means I'm just bad with saryn, because I spammed spore on molt(250 range) with simulor and couldn't keep D,A captured :\ Maybe 115 strength isn't enough for quick kills?