The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Out Of Frame: The Everyday Lives Of The Tenno - Feedback & Discussion

Jordan_McBeast

You also have to account for aesthetics over graphics as well.

Most shooters nowadays are washed out, desaturated and gray. Sure they might have super mega awesome graphics, just makes the terrible easier to see. 

Besides, gameplay trumps graphics every time. 

You also have to account for aesthetics over graphics as well.

Most shooters nowadays are washed out, desaturated and gray. Sure they might have super mega awesome graphics, just makes the terrible easier to see. 

Besides, gameplay trumps graphics every time.

So true

No matter how pretty a game is, bad mechanics ruin it. Take Dark Souls (no I am not derailing too much again) despite being in a quite morbid setting the levels are vibrant and beautiful. Undead Burg is not desaturated grey but full color aged, rotting stone. It fits the feeling of a desecrated town, falling apart and crawling with mad-undead. Since the player themselves is also undead, the Burg is the first exposure of what happens to Undead when they go "hollow." The gameplay though no matter what level you are, a regular hollow can kill you if your inattentive. The difficulty is great as are the mechanics behind it. I love PvP in that game, one of the few games I actually enjoy PvP as much as PvE.

Then take something like Dead or Alive, not really a good example but it came to mind as an "eye candy game" I haven't played it so I can't speak for story. It however sold itself on it's being "pretty" and on the breast-physics.

CoD/BF3 or 4/MWF they all are desaturated, gritty war shooters. They feel almost identical to someone who is not playing them.

As per the Pantone, I am more familiar with Munsell and using RGB values such as (30, 20, 60) for a deep blue or in Munsell that would be B/2/14 which would be a vibrant but deep darkish blue. I am unsure what the Pantone of that color would be.

Edited by Estred

well it's one of 3 things

A. new update

B. He quits and we get no more awesome sauce

C. He's busy so the project goes on hold

its B... but the awesome is not cut off. It is now REMORSELESS AND UNRESTRAINED.

ANNOUNCEMENT

As of today, Out of Frame will no longer be updated. Any pieces for Out of Frame will be abandoned and left out in the cold to die, (don’t worry, there aren’t any! They’ve all been humanely euthanized!) and the project will not continue. I should probably thank the fans, but I’ve got a better idea... Keep reading.

It was cute for awhile, but real life has intervened and now dictates that I can no longer dedicate creative effort to a fanfic project for an intellectual property that I do not own and will never see a paycheck for, so Out of Frame is done. I must pursue more lucrative avenues and pay my bills.

However, this is not the end of my reign of terror. It is merely the bloody coup of the new regime. Parties who are interested in my new project which has coincidentally (not a coincidence at all) launched today can SEND ME A PERSONAL MESSAGE if they are interested in continuing to read my work, and I will provide a link in a private message. Don’t bother messaging me if you’re a minor, because this new body of work is for adults only.

However, everyone needs to follow some rules.

THIS THREAD IS NOW FIGHT CLUB.

DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB.

-Out of respect for DE and the Warframe crew, you will not discuss the new project in this thread, or on these forums. Ever. I will personally report any posts that reference work I have done outside of the boundary of the Warframe franchise. These are the Warframe forums, you talk about Warframe here. It is unprofessional and irresponsible to tolerate the use of these boards as a personal advertisement service and I will not encourage it, and I’m already skirting the line of what is ethical by even mentioning my new project here. This is the first and final warning. I will cooperate completely with mods on this.

-Out of respect for DE and the Warframe crew, you will not discuss Warframe or Out of Frame on the media I provide for my own project. DE’s intellectual property and my intellectual property do not intersect, will never intersect, and the professional goals of the Warframe team are not congruent with mine, and will not be related. If you mention Warframe on my project, I will delete or never publish your post. You will cooperate fully with me on this.

-I will continue to play Warframe and contribute to the community, however professionalism dictates the above actions as a part of good business practice. If I find that any of the above rules are egregiously broken I will personally petition the mods to lock and/or delete this thread.

As a matter of fact, I would not be surprised or shocked if the thread was locked/deleted following this post and disciplinary action was taken on certain accounts. I reiterate, I will cooperate completely with the mods on this.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH SHORT ATTENTION SPANS, SCROLL DOWN HERE TO THE BRIGHT COLORS

-DO NOT TALK ABOUT SECRET DOOZY NAZI GOLD ON WARFRAME. I WILL REPORT YOU. ADVERTIZING IS AGAINST THE EULA.

-DO NOT TALK ABOUT WARFRAME ON SECRET DOOZY NAZI GOLD PROJECT. I WILL FIRE YOUR POSTS INTO THE SUN.

-EVERYTHING WILL BE REPORTED/DELETED. NO ONE WILL HAVE NICE THINGS.

AND ABOVE ALL

be excellent to each other

*Bill and Ted Reference*

It was nice while it lasted, and it was a good run.

Guess the song's over then?

Over? What are you, crazy? This isn't the end. This is the beginning. Read between the lines. Doozy's Secret Nazi Gold has all the things everyone always asked me to write for Out of Frame that I told them I never would. This is the Event Horizon.

Over? What are you, crazy? This isn't the end. This is the beginning. Read between the lines. Doozy's Secret Nazi Gold has all the things everyone always asked me to write for Out of Frame that I told them I never would. This is the Event Horizon.

Sorry, I kind of liked Out Of Frame the way it was.

GTGTriK is off this train, and no one ever missed him.