Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Tweaks We Need (In a Rework)

cookieknife

Even without removing any of his current powers, i think these additions would help oberon immensely, and make him a more desired member of the squad and i would love at the least to see some of them implemented.

Stats: Buff base armor from 150 to 250, change passive to the photosynthesis thing , (when in sunlight 1-2 health regens a second)

Smite: Stay the same

Hallowed Ground: at base make 1.5x to 1.75x bigger, make the armor buff on it 100% so it is comparable with other armor buffs different warframes provide. make his current passive an effect of hallowed ground , an animal walks on it they become an ally for 15 seconds (or do away with that completely)

Max cast is 4 and the armor will now also stack like the damage does already.

Renewal: Turn this into a channeled ability, not just something that will cancel as soon as you are healed. (this next part is a stretch) but bring back the original function of renewal that can revive fallen allies, if nekros has a soul punch augment why cant renewal be like it used to be? it doesnt have to be instant but it could take like 5 seconds for a revive or something. Also with more power strength/range the renewal orb will travel faster

when you have the squad showing (the Z drop down menu) show which allies you are healing with renewal

Reckoning: Casting Reckoning will debuff the enemy causing armor 20% for 5 seconds (uneffected by duration, variable is flat), and during the armor debuff the 50% orb chance is still active, so if you kill it, you still have a chance to get an orb unlike how reckoning now you have to kill it to get the orb. with this pretty much you have 5 seconds the kill the enemy for the orb chance. like if you hit an enemy with Blazing Chakram on Nezha you can still get that health back if you kill it.  

Synergy is a must. Oberon has very little synergy, the most synergy there is between them is that you can use smite to knock down enemies on hallowed ground... but they stand back up

so my idea is make Hallowed Ground better.

Synergy Between Smite and Hallowed Ground: When an enemy is standing on your Hallowed Ground, Smite will create a radiation hazard (like on the sorties but does not damage you) where the enemy stands, instead of knocking them down, (orbs still spawn from the smite).

Synergy Between Reckoning and Hallowed Ground: Reckoning casted on enemies standing on Hallowed Ground will now do +125% damage (uneffected by strength variable is flat) and root them to the ground for half of the remaining duration of Hallowed Ground. The enemy wont be stunned completely, they can still fire their guns and stuff like that. 

Synergy Between Renewal and Hallowed Ground: Allies standing on hallowed ground will now receive a 4 second damage invunerability when the renewal orb starts to heal them. (like the frost globe, rhino's iron skin etc.)

Reasons and Additional Discussion

Spoiler

Okay so. It's pretty obvious why someone would want some changes to oberon right? He seems to fall flat and not many people ever consider him as an option.

I was talking on the forum with people and they all have had mixed opinions. Some say he's good right now, some say he's bad. And pretty much the vast majority of the people say "oberon? HE SUCKS" and all they've done was level him and trash him. But what I want from an oberon rework is make hallowed ground actually mean something and tie his powers together in harmony and make him a more valued member of the squad.

My opinion of Oberon is he is very fun. but he is pretty much only for the start chart and nothing else. He can damage he can provide Crowd Control and he can heal and he can provide status immunity. but other than his specialties in status, the damage, and heal on his powers are very lack luster. They're out classed by any and every other warframe that can fill the role of damager. Same goes for his healing. They're outclassed completely by different warframes. I would like oberon to be more compairable (not necessarily better) but more compairable to other warframes.

Because where oberon is now you can definitely say "why choose oberon when you can choose trinity"

and some might say "oberon can damage and heal?"

but i would say, yeah he can damage but you wont even knock down 10% of an enemie's health at level 60 using your powers

i believe oberon can be better, he just isnt in the right spot now and once DE takes a longer look at him we will definitely get a great warframe out of this.

It has been 2 and a half years since Oberon's release, Lets remove the status of "worst warframe in the game" many have claimed him as!

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think. Cheers

Edited by cookieknife

He isn't a bad frame now...I am really not certain where people come up with that notion since his last round of changes.

What he needs at most, imo.

• Make Renewal instant and/or provide overhealth.
  • Give Hallowed Ground the runway strip it has now but tack it to a large circle around Oberon where he casted it. This gives your team someplace to stand and enemies someplace to be affected by it.
  • Give Hallowed Ground straight Damage Resistance instead of armor would be a better way to go as armor affects aren't static across frames. 
  • Phoenix Renewal should be innate for Oberon himself and the mod merely affect teammates. He had this when introduced and there is absolutely no good reason he shouldn't have it now.... *Cough*Inaros *Cough*.

Not ground for a re-work, and really amounts to the barest of tweaks.

23 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

"worst warframe in the game"

today i have showed to as many as i can that oberon is faaar from worst. sure he maybe can be overshadowed my many other frames but non other can heal, deal decent damage and cc effectively as oberon can

what comes to your proposals..yeeah i think they might prove usefull but passive should remain the same (just give infested and corpus an enemy type like hyekka master and thekubrow master variant

the moment when grineer are attacked by their own pets and torn to pieces is priceless

Edited by Hemmo67

3 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

today i have showed to as many as i can that oberon is faaar from worst. sure he maybe can be overshadowed my many other frames but non other can heal, deal decent damage and cc effectively as oberon can

what comes to your proposals..yeeah i think they might prove usefull but passive should remain the same (just give infested and corpus an enemy type like hyekka master and thekubrow master variant

Reread it again lol I said what you said and also I said the passive should be an effect of hallowed ground

but yeah still, Oberon can crowd control a good bit but radiation and single knockdown aren't as reliable as holdin down areas or anything... And his damage falls off quite quick which Atleast for me I feel he needs synergy and damage buffs like mag's ult got 

oh oh and I know Oberon isn't the worst warframe In the game, it's just I've heard it for two years soooo it's worth a mention, I don't think he's the worst but he's definitely spread out too thin

Edited by cookieknife

Just now, cookieknife said:

Reread it again lol I said what you said and also I said the passive should be an effect of hallowed ground

but yeah still, Oberon can crowd control a good bit but radiation and single knockdown aren't as reliable as holdin down areas or anything... And his damage falls off quite quick which Atleast for me I feel he needs synergy and damage buffs like mag's got 

yeah but giving him health regen passive when he has regenetive ability is kinda of useless ? :|

The passive is fine. Base armor buff would be welcome.

7 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

but yeah still, Oberon can crowd control a good bit but radiation and single knockdown aren't as reliable as holdin down areas or anything... And his damage falls off quite quick which Atleast for me I feel he needs synergy and damage buffs like mag's ult got 

He can already heal well enough, his passive doesn't need to do that too. Changing the effect from an aura to only in hallowed ground is a big nerf. I'm certain more wildlife will be added to the game in the future too. 

1 minute ago, BeardyKyle said:

The passive is fine. Base armor buff would be welcome.

He can already heal well enough, his passive doesn't need to do that too. Changing the effect from an aura to only in hallowed ground is a big nerf. I'm certain more wildlife will be added to the game in the future too. 

Actually , I don't know if you play as Oberon a lot but it would be a HUGE buff to his current passive,

if It was the way I want on hallowed ground it would be instant instead of they come very close to you and it takes 5ish seconds to activate 

20 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

Actually , I don't know if you play as Oberon a lot but it would be a HUGE buff to his current passive,

if It was the way I want on hallowed ground it would be instant instead of they come very close to you and it takes 5ish seconds to activate 

It does not take very long and it isn't even noticeable. All you have to do is focus on other enemies while drakas are around and they will turn before you know it - 5s isn't very long and the range is not bad too AND it moves with you, if you stay in range of them they stay under control. Both range and activation time could use a buff for QoL but not totally necessary IMO. Having to cast HG for that effect you'd have to cast it at Drakas, hope you get all of them at once OR cast and stay on it till they attack you. Its taking an ability that is actually PASSIVE and making it an Active button press. 

Rather take your idea for a passive and use that for hallowed ground but change it to energy regen. While on Hallowed Ground Oberon regenerates 2 energy per second. 

Plus they aren't that many areas where sunlight hits. That passive would be useless in almost all void missions, almost every corpus map, all the grineer ships etc. 

Edited by BeardyKyle

1 minute ago, BeardyKyle said:

It does not take very long and it isn't even noticeable. All you have to do is focus on other enemies while drakas are around and they will turn before you know it - 5s isn't very long and the range is not bad too AND it moves with you, if you stay in range of them they stay under control. Both could use a buff for QoL but not totally necessary IMO. Having to cast HG for that effect you'd have to cast it at Drakas, hope you get all of them at once OR cast and stay on it till they attack you. Its taking an ability that is actually PASSIVE and making it an Active button press. 

Rather take your idea for a passive and use that for hallowed ground but change it to energy regen. While on Hallowed Ground Oberon regenerates 2 energy per second. 

Plus they aren't that many areas where sunlight hits. That passive would be useless in almost all void missions, almost every corpus map, all the grineer ships etc. 

Yeah I guess that makes sense, it would still be a good (on top of the passive) effect 

this concept for a rework would make Oberon be played different though, you'd pretty much have a reason to have a hallowed ground casted down constantly 

instead of use it for status removal primarily 

7 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

Yeah I guess that makes sense, it would still be a good (on top of the passive) effect 

this concept for a rework would make Oberon be played different though, you'd pretty much have a reason to have a hallowed ground casted down constantly 

instead of use it for status removal primarily 

Yeah, that's true and Hallowed ground Does need that kind of re-imagining to be an ability like that. For me tho 100% armor isn't the way to do it, that makes every tank frame SUPER TANKY - when all of them already have great defensive abilities, its sort of redundant or even over-powered. While squishy frames get double armor - that still isn't very much since they start out with very little and Oberon gets a buff to pseudo-tank status.

IMO Oberon's motif is Balance and Hallowed Ground could reflect that by giving a 25-30% increase to armor (affected by strength) AND a 25-30% increase to ability damage for allies(affected by strength). This would provide a solid buff that benefits both Tank frames and Damage frames and everything in-between. That gives you a reason to keep HG up and also gives a bit of synergy to use Smite and Reckoning with it.  

11 minutes ago, BeardyKyle said:

Yeah, that's true and Hallowed ground Does need that kind of re-imagining to be an ability like that. For me tho 100% armor isn't the way to do it, that makes every tank frame SUPER TANKY - when all of them already have great defensive abilities, its sort of redundant or even over-powered. While squishy frames get double armor - that still isn't very much since they start out with very little and Oberon gets a buff to pseudo-tank status.

IMO Oberon's motif is Balance and Hallowed Ground could reflect that by giving a 25-30% increase to armor (affected by strength) AND a 25-30% increase to ability damage for allies(affected by strength). This would provide a solid buff that benefits both Tank frames and Damage frames and everything in-between. That gives you a reason to keep HG up and also gives a bit of synergy to use Smite and Reckoning with it.  

Nah 100% armor isn't much, compare it to chroma's vex armor giving 350% with his 350 base armor and if he is using ice elemental, his ward will give 150% armor so a total of +500% armor and of course power strength mods come into play, also valkyr's war cry has +50% armor and she has 600 base armor , and Inaros has a + 100%(flat) armor and he has 200 base armor 

I think an Oberon with 250 armor and a 100% armor buff (that doesn't last too long we can agree 20 seconds isn't too long)  would be decently tanky

and he's a paladin so he definitely needs to provide protection in my opinion, I'd prefer an armor buff over damage reducer like blessing though 

Edited by cookieknife

21 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

Nah 100% armor isn't much, compare it to chroma's vex armor giving 350% with his 350 base armor and if he is using ice elemental, his ward will give 150% armor so a total of +500% armor and of course power strength mods come into play, also valkyr's war cry has +50% armor and she has 600 base armor , and Inaros has a + 100%(flat) armor and he has 200 base armor 

I think an Oberon with 250 armor and a 100% armor buff (that doesn't last too long we can agree 20 seconds isn't too long)  would be decently tanky

and he's a paladin so he definitely needs to provide protection in my opinion, I'd prefer an armor buff over damage reducer like blessing though 

19 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

Also another thing, if the warframe has say.. 15 base armor, 30 won't make it that much tankier

or 65 base going to 130 

Exactly my point. Chroma, Valkyr, Mesa, Frost etc all the High armor frames that would benefit from that a lot Already have good defensive abilities. Vakyr and Chroma on this hallowed ground would have like 1200+ armor each , Frost would have like 900 or something - they don't Need it. Oberon and excal would get a nice and useful buff - but there's nothing for frames with lower armor But most of those frames do big damage and that's why I think HG should give a balanced buff to both armor and damage. So Hallowed Ground would essentially buff what each frame is innately good at. Ya dig?

6 minutes ago, BeardyKyle said:

Exactly my point. Chroma, Valkyr, Mesa, Frost etc all the High armor frames that would benefit from that a lot Already have good defensive abilities. Vakyr and Chroma on this hallowed ground would have like 1200+ armor each , Frost would have like 900 or something - they don't Need it. Oberon and excal would get a nice and useful buff - but there's nothing for frames with lower armor But most of those frames do big damage and that's why I think HG should give a balanced buff to both armor and damage. So Hallowed Ground would essentially buff what each frame is innately good at. Ya dig?

I mean, it definitely could 

I wouldn't keep it at small values like 30% though 

i think at least 50% base can make a difference (of course there should be a cap like blessing has)

As for power buffs, maybe it could just do a power strength buff like Equinox can do? I'd like that 

maybe +50% armor buff (or like +50% damage reduce) and +50% power strength 

keeping in mind damage reducing really isn't op at all because of how high enemies scale they do massive damage even if 50% is off, so yeah I think 50% would be ok on both ends doing more damage and taking less

Edited by cookieknife